BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 62
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have a couple of the steel catches but i haven't installed them because it occurred to me I'd rather occasionally replace a 3$ plastic catch from using the s15 mags, than replace factory glock mags from using a steel catch
View Quote

I'd be careful with this line of thinking.  If my memory serves correctly, there were instances (documented early on in this thread page 22) wherein the plastic mag catch was damaged to the point of not being able to hold the mag in a single range trip.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'd be careful with this line of thinking.  If my memory serves correctly, there were instances (documented early on in this thread page 22) wherein the plastic mag catch was damaged to the point of not being able to hold the mag in a single range trip.
View Quote

Don't forget the aluminum mag catches being torn up too.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Placed my order January 16th and got my hipping notification on February 3rd.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don't forget the aluminum mag catches being torn up too.
View Quote

Shield Arms is now selling steel mag catches.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:46:53 PM EDT
[#5]
just received my 3 mags and steel mag catch. Now to find a 43X!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Posted yesterday about shipping notification. Well, got my 3 mags today. Super fast shipping. Or USPS is trying to make up for all my late shipments lately.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Ordered 3 mags and mag release Jan 12th.  Shipment received Feb 8th.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Lesson learned: Watch the instruction video before swapping out the mag catch. It’s more difficult than the full sized guns which I can easily do with a flat head screwdriver. A curved tool makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lesson learned: Watch the instruction video before swapping out the mag catch. It’s more difficult than the full sized guns which I can easily do with a flat head screwdriver. A curved tool makes a huge difference.
View Quote

@StevenH  Even with watching the video I couldn't get it to work. Tried using a dental pick to put a hyve release in & it bent the pick.  Maybe I'm the idiot here though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 9:56:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lesson learned: Watch the instruction video before swapping out the mag catch. It's more difficult than the full sized guns which I can easily do with a flat head screwdriver. A curved tool makes a huge difference.
View Quote
Yes, it was definitely more of a pain for me. I picked up one of these tools on eBay (for a bit cheaper) a while back and it makes things easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274645694054

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, it was definitely more of a pain for me. I picked up one of these tools on eBay (for a bit cheaper) a while back and it makes things easier.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274645694054

View Quote

Several years ago I picked up a set of cheap picks with curved, bent, and hooked tips from Harbor Freight (same as those linked below).  They work great for this, I just rounded the tips a little a with a file to dull the sharp tips and prevent gouging the inside of the frame.

https://www.amazon.com/4-PC-PICK-HOOK-SET/dp/B00AOGGEYG/ref=asc_df_B00AOGGEYG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198093961577&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3419355635065473292&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007587&hvtargid=pla-329811549266&psc=1
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:24:18 AM EDT
[#12]
USPS more than likely lost my shipment. Shield sent it feb 23 and the tracking info says “arriving late...”  I’ve seen this movie before.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:34:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
USPS more than likely lost my shipment. Shield sent it feb 23 and the tracking info says “arriving late...”  I’ve seen this movie before.
View Quote

You need to be more patient... everything I've had shipped (except for Amazon packages) has been 3-4 weeks late; packages, letters, padded envelopes... My regional distro center is apparently a dumpster fire according so a friend of a friend who works there. 2 weeks ago, my local postmaster told me they were 40 days behind in some places. I've never seen USPS in the condition it's been in the last few months.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:08:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You need to be more patient... everything I've had shipped (except for Amazon packages) has been 3-4 weeks late; packages, letters, padded envelopes... My regional distro center is apparently a dumpster fire according so a friend of a friend who works there. 2 weeks ago, my local postmaster told me they were 40 days behind in some places. I've never seen USPS in the condition it's been in the last few months.
View Quote

I knew it was bad, but it really hasn’t been that’s jacked up here in OH. Then again, I don’t use usps that often (mostly FedEx/Amazon for packages). I’ll give it a week or two and see where we’re at.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I knew it was bad, but it really hasn’t been that’s jacked up here in OH. Then again, I don’t use usps that often (mostly FedEx/Amazon for packages). I’ll give it a week or two and see where we’re at.
View Quote

Cleveland was pretty bad for a little while I think they had over 100 trailers sitting for a few weeks but it's definitely getting better recently.

That said anything I consider important I use ups or FedEx lately. If it's a small cheap part I don't mind waiting on I usually just go USPS so I don't have to worry about packages coming. Usually I'll have a little surprise in the mailbox.

Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@StevenH  Even with watching the video I couldn't get it to work. Tried using a dental pick to put a hyve release in & it bent the pick.  Maybe I'm the idiot here though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used curved forceps. Worked way better than a flat head screwdriver.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I get a 48 I'll have to pick up a pair because it was definitely a pain to change on my 43x.

There's definitely some scratches in my magwell
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

When I get a 48 I'll have to pick up a pair because it was definitely a pain to change on my 43x.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine too
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#19]
If I backorder today are the spring issues fixed? Or do they still need the + power springs?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:54:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If I backorder today are the spring issues fixed? Or do they still need the + power springs?
View Quote

Issues are fixed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:52:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Issues are fixed.
View Quote
Are they shipping mags with the extra power springs?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#22]
How can you tell you have the older version without the spring fix?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Old springs have 9 coils, new springs have 10 coils. READ THIS THREAD.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Old springs have 9 coils, new springs have 10 coils. READ THIS THREAD.
View Quote

Sorry didn’t read all 48 pages ...
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I only have two, from February. I haven’t used them much yet. One has had one failure to feed with Federal 115Gn FMJ.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I loaded mine and noticed they were a little stiff and sticky feeling so I unloaded them and loaded again just to get a feel for it. I don't know if that was nesecry but they all felt better on the second loading and ran flawlessly using hst. Only ran them a couple times but I'm going to chance it and call them worthy for now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:35:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Issues are fixed.

Yes, all mags currently shipping have the "extra power" 10 coil springs.

For anyone interested, Shield Arms announced recently that they are only weeks away from releasing ambidextrous S15 mags.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes, all mags currently shipping have the "extra power" 10 coil springs.

View Quote
That's good news. I always wondered why they didn't initially and offered them as an additional purchase.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:48:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Have an eta on the black nickel mags?
It feels like they have been out of stock for a while. Is production being held up for the new mag design, or just a huge demand?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Have an eta on the black nickel mags?
It feels like they have been out of stock for a while. Is production being held up for the new mag design, or just a huge demand?
View Quote

I am also curious about this as well.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#31]
City Arsenal in Greenville, SC had some S15s and extensions in stock on 3/19.  Looked to have plenty.  Says OOS on their website, but they may ship if you call the store.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got tracking for the 5 I ordered last week that was on BO. One week on back order isn’t too bad.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Just got tracking for the 5 I ordered last week that was on BO. One week on back order isn't too bad.
View Quote
Better than 'in stock' for a lot of vendors.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#34]
My S15 mags hate Federal Brass 115Gn Walmart ammo. Work fine with Win NATO 124Gn.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#35]
I got two mags, steel mag release, and one extension a few days ago. Just hand cycling they don’t seem as smooth to me as the stock setup. Springs don’t seem as strong or consistent as regular Glock mags either.
Haven’t shot with them yet but that’s first impressions, so I’m gonna stick with stock. Not confidence inspiring but if anyone is prepared to tinker or test them, make an offer and shoot me a pm or they will sit in a drawer.

Edit : gone now
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:15:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know when we can order these on back order again?
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:25:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I believe you can still BO their regular black mag only. The other mags are email notification when in stock.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I got one of their steel mag releases from Brownells. It worked great with their magazines. But the Glock magazines must be a bit thicker. It took a bit of force to remove them. This picture is of the release sitting on top of a Glock magazine. It should sit flush but does not.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Order placed 3/17 for 2 more.  Delivered 4/5.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Order placed 3/17 for 2 more.  Delivered 4/5.
View Quote

That makes me hopeful mine ship this week or next. Ordered the 23rd
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#41]
so is the best practice currently to swap out original springs to + springs?

I have some on hand, but at the same time my mags work fine so far and I dont want to replace something and go through a whole round of retesting everything.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone else have issues with the S15 hanging up?

I ordered 5 mags. So far the two I have tried. One tends to hang up when empty. Comes out about a quarter inch then has to be pulled out. The other one ejects fine. Haven’t had a chance to try the other 3.

I am using the Shield arms mag release.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Anyone else have issues with the S15 hanging up?

I ordered 5 mags. So far the two I have tried. One tends to hang up when empty. Comes out about a quarter inch then has to be pulled out. The other one ejects fine. Haven’t had a chance to try the other 3.

I am using the Shield arms mag release.
View Quote

I have two of the mags and haven't had any issues with release (probably 500 rounds), but I am using the stock Glock mag release. As pictured above, I think the Shield release may be a hair too small. I have a Shield release that I haven't installed yet and I'll probably take a look. Might just need to be machined open a bit.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:46:40 PM EDT
[#44]
I can't believe what people are paying for these things in the EE.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 11:28:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

@JimmyT

I decided to jump on the G43X MOS train after EDCing a G26 for the last 20 years. The shield mags were my deciding factor for buying the 43X. Now I really wish I had found and read this thread before buying the 43X and 7 Shield mags both of which were at inflated GB prices given the current political climate.

I don’t like to modify my carry guns outside of the sights but it sounds like their are reliability concerns with the shield mags that make modifications necessary. I may just invest in more 10 round Glock mags and carry an ETS 19 rounder as a reload. thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

@JimmyT

I decided to jump on the G43X MOS train after EDCing a G26 for the last 20 years. The shield mags were my deciding factor for buying the 43X. Now I really wish I had found and read this thread before buying the 43X and 7 Shield mags both of which were at inflated GB prices given the current political climate.

I don’t like to modify my carry guns outside of the sights but it sounds like their are reliability concerns with the shield mags that make modifications necessary. I may just invest in more 10 round Glock mags and carry an ETS 19 rounder as a reload. thanks for the info.
View Quote

I thought that was just in the earlier runs; Either way, I did swap out all the springs on mine and my wife's to the higher power springs. Have a mag sitting loaded I'll try shooting after a few months; I only have a couple hundred rounds through ours, but they have run 100% so far. Going to try to run another couple hundred this weekend, and we're running ours in a class in a couple months.... We'll see I guess.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:13:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought that was just in the earlier runs; Either way, I did swap out all the springs on mine and my wife's to the higher power springs. Have a mag sitting loaded I'll try shooting after a few months; I only have a couple hundred rounds through ours, but they have run 100% so far. Going to try to run another couple hundred this weekend, and we're running ours in a class in a couple months.... We'll see I guess.
View Quote

I've got to second this on the reliability front. I got my Shield mags with the updated springs and have had no issues. I'm up to about 600 rounds as of yesterday. I've run 115gr Magtech, 150gr Winchester synthetic, 115gr Winchester FMJ, and some Hornady subsonic HP. I haven't had a single failure of any kind.

I originally planned on going with the idea of replacing the cheap stock mag release as it wears, but last week I basically just said "F' it" and swapped in the Shield catch. I only carry the Shield mags, and anymore I use the glock mags just for dry fire and mag change training at home. No point messing with paying attention to the stock mag release. I'd rather just swap it to something that's going to hold up and not have to worry about it.

Anyway, I'm sold. I'll put in another order as soon as I get some other stuff done.

Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#48]
I called today because my order hadn't shipped yet, even though I ordered around the same time as people getting them after a week or 2.

Apparently I just missed that lucky group because they said while turn around times had been shorter recently they are back to a projected 40 to 60 days on shipping.

I canceled my order since I bought a 19 between the time I ordered and now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:47:01 AM EDT
[#49]
I changed all my early mag springs to +10% and installed the steel mag catch. I have been successfully running 4 mags for months now. Thousands of rounds downrange. I will be buying more mags when/if things settle down.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#50]
So I’m looking at 3 metal magazine releases; Shield Arms, Aim Surplus and Rival Arms.  I’ve read that folks are having issues using the Shield Arms release with the OEM 10rd mags.  Is anyone having similar issues with the Aim Surplus or Rival Arms mag releases?  I’d really like to have the ability to run both the S15 and OEM mags in the same gun.
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top