User Panel

Page / 62
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Use OEM G19 springs.
View Quote

Took one out of a 19 mag just now and tried. It's actually worse, doesn't lock back at all.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How are everyone’s factory magazines holding up with the aluminum magazine release?
View Quote

Me personally I don’t use them anymore.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Has anyone tried bending the tab down a bit that catches the follower? If I push up on the mag as I rack the slide it engages better. Just needs a bit more pressure.

Attachment Attached File

Then pushing up on the mag.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Grabbed a couple mags from Aim along with the Aim branded mag release. I have only loaded them up and shot a few times each so far but they have been 100% reliable for me. Mags drop free(loaded and unloaded) and lock the slide back if my thumbs are off the release.

They definitely put less upward pressure on the slide stop than factory mags. I think I'll want to try the enhanced power springs.
View Quote
They sent me some +10% springs and that took care of it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Took one out of a 19 mag just now and tried. It's actually worse, doesn't lock back at all.
View Quote

Interesting.

My OEM 19 springs put a BUNCH more pressure on the follower than the shield springs.

I just tried a OEM G17 spring, and it too fits alright and gives even more pressure on the follower.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Interesting.

My OEM 19 springs put a BUNCH more pressure on the follower than the shield springs.

I just tried a OEM G17 spring, and it too fits alright and gives even more pressure on the follower.
View Quote

Might have been a well used mag. Can you get 15rds in with the 17 spring?
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 3:53:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Might have been a well used mag. Can you get 15rds in with the 17 spring?
View Quote

Its tight, but yes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive had 3 mags loaded for 10 weeks. Heading to the range tonight to function test in my early G48. I didnt test when I received them. Loaded them up and let them sit. Some may only have 14 rounds, I will verify at the range. Even with a mag loader I could not get the 15th round to fit in at least one mag.

I wished I measured the OAL of the springs prior to loading but I didnt. Ill get a measurement after the range to compare to someones fresh spring.

Also have 3 XP springs on standby if needed.

Ill update this post tonight with results.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone know if they are working on a 9 or 10 round regular G43 mag?
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:31:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything I saw from them about it was prior to this magazine. I don't think they are still doing it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If they come out with a steel mag catch I will be hooked, till then not so much.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

They said on IG that 10 rd for the G43 is in the works now
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

thats awesome. only thing i didnt like about the g43 is the capacity.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 43 was what they were doing originally. When did they mention the 43 mag on ig?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The 43 was what they were doing originally. When did they mention the 43 mag on ig?
View Quote

Yesterday

In the comments
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:16:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

They've been talking about 43 mags since before the S15 was released.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they get 10 rounds in a flush fit 43 mag they're magicians.  9rds would be pretty impressive.  8 is more likely.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ive had 3 mags loaded for 10 weeks. Heading to the range tonight to function test in my early G48. I didnt test when I received them. Loaded them up and let them sit. Some may only have 14 rounds, I will verify at the range. Even with a mag loader I could not get the 15th round to fit in at least one mag.

I wished I measured the OAL of the springs prior to loading but I didnt. Ill get a measurement after the range to compare to someones fresh spring.

View Quote

Quoting myself here. Got caught up and was unable to post after range.

After 10 weeks storage, all 3 mags fired flawlessly. Ammunition was 124gr blaser brass
I was mistaken that I thought there were 14 rounds in some of them. All had 15 rounds.

I switched to Wolf 115gr steel case and every mag cycled those fine.

I put about 120 more rounds of wolf through 1 mag because I wanted to get 1 of them vetted for carry use.

I switched to 124gr HST and this is where I had an issue.

I have 1 mag loaded to capacity. Place 1 HST in empty mag to chamber a round because I wanted to test fully loaded, 15+1 capacity. Hit the slide release and HST nose dives into the feed ramp. I am able to replicate it on demand. GOOD news is thats only 1 mag. The 2 other mags feed HST flawlessly. In fact, with the troubled mag, the round is much lower and straighter in relation to the feed ramp when compared to the other 2 mags. I have contacted shield arms about this mag and awaiting their reply.

After 10 weeks stored loaded and about 135 rounds through it, measuring at 4.633". If anyone has a virgin spring to measure we can compare. I forgot to measure when I got them.
Attachment Attached File

Overall, pretty pleased. The mag that wont feed HST feeds FMJ without issue. Im going to try and get 500 rounds through 1 mag so I can dedicate it to carry use and then ill work on the next mag for backup.

I also tried limp-wristing to induce a malfunction but I was unable to.

Slide locked back every time for me which I wasnt expecting.

15+1 in the G48 is pretty f'n awesome.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked this up yesterday, $500 with two S15 mags and the Shield mag release. Can't wait to get out and shoot it

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

CS said they can't share anything about future products which led me to think they were working on it.  They should offer some metal base plates for the S15's too. I would be in for some 9 or 10 round mags for the 43.  I don't care if it sticks out a bit.  I already have TTI +1 base pads.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Took 4 new mags with 10% springs for the 43X to the range yesterday. Put 90 rounds of full power 124gr. handloads and 124 GD+p  through each. Near the end I had one mag drop off the mag catch which stopped the gun. I was wearing a glove by this time and may have inadvertently pushed the mag catch, not sure. I think I read that others had experienced this?

Two of the mags rattle when loaded with 15 rounds.  Does anyone else's do that?

ETA: I'm running the SA mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I haven't read this entire thread...Do new production mags come with the +10% springs or are they sold separately?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Two of the mags rattle when loaded with 15 rounds.  Does anyone else's do that?
View Quote

Sometimes. Some of my factory Glock double stack mags do it to.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I haven't read this entire thread...Do new production mags come with the +10% springs or are they sold separately?
View Quote

Sold separately.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If they get 10 rounds in a flush fit 43 mag they're magicians.  9rds would be pretty impressive.  8 is more likely.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m a fan of the Glock 43 for its size and the less printing, due to its size, when wearing a light shirt in the summer months.  I would be extremely happy with a 9 or 10 round magazine WITH a simple and clean looking magazine slim-line extension plate for a better grip for larger hands.  

If they could model the extension plate with a simplistic Glock clean appearance or like on Smith and Wesson’s M&P subcompact pistols, that would be a winner.

If they only came out with a 8 or a 9 round flush fitting magazine, that would still be a winner.

“I” really thought that Glock would redesign the Glock 43 magazine to fit either 7 or 8 rounds shortly after its release, but that’s not going to happen... In my lifetime.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I’m a fan of the Glock 43 for its size and the less printing, due to its size, when wearing a light shirt in the summer months.  I would be extremely happy with a 9 or 10 round magazine WITH a simple and clean looking magazine slim-line extension plate for a better grip for larger hands.  

If they could model the extension plate with a simplistic Glock clean appearance or like on Smith and Wesson’s M&P subcompact pistols, that would be a winner.

If they only came out with a 8 or a 9 round flush fitting magazine, that would still be a winner.

“I” really thought that Glock would redesign the Glock 43 magazine to fit either 7 or 8 rounds shortly after its release, but that’s not going to happen... In my lifetime.
View Quote

I use a TTI base pad for my OEM G43 mags to get 7+1.  It's pretty much flush fit, a lot more so than the S15 mags in the G43X/48 frame which stick out more.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:34:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I use a TTI base pad for my OEM G43 mags to get 7+1.  It's pretty much flush fit, a lot more so than the S15 mags in the G43X/48 frame which stick out more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I have a 6 round stock mag, a TTI +1 and a TTI+2. The +1 is what I carry most. Very clean design.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Just a heads up: steel mag catches, redesigned to better engage the magazine are evidently on the way.  

This should make S15 mags 100%

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just a heads up: steel mag catches, redesigned to better engage the magazine are evidently on the way.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81419/0AD953B3-495C-41E0-A6AC-A20C4145418B_png-1453585.JPG
View Quote

That will take my confidence with them from 95% to 100%.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/81419/0AD953B3-495C-41E0-A6AC-A20C4145418B_png-1453585.JPG
View Quote

Is he affiliated with Shield Arms, or an aftermarket company?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Brandon owns the company.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:41:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Brandon owns the company.
View Quote

Thanks.

I wonder if they'll be offering these as a discount upgrade to anyone who bought one of the original aluminum ones.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope...not going through the fuckfest of changing out the mag catch again.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:44:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dental pick and needle nose pliers. That shit is the easiest thing to change on a Glock besides a backstrap.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Dental pick and needle nose pliers. That shit is the easiest thing to change on a Glock besides a backstrap.
View Quote

Take a clicky ball point pen apart and use the barrel to hold the mag spring out of the way when reinserting the new catch.  Push it over into position with the pick. Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Take a clicky ball point pen apart and use the barrel to hold the mag spring out of the way when reinserting the new catch.  Push it over into position with the pick. Easy peasy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pull that spring with the pliers, reinsert after new catch is in, and push over to lock in place.

Fuck fighting that spring, pull it out.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:15:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

After 10 weeks storage, all 3 mags fired flawlessly. Ammunition was 124gr blaser brass
I was mistaken that I thought there were 14 rounds in some of them. All had 15 rounds.

I put about 120 more rounds of wolf through 1 mag because I wanted to get 1 of them vetted for carry use.

I have 1 mag loaded to capacity. Place 1 HST in empty mag to chamber a round because I wanted to test fully loaded, 15+1 capacity. Hit the slide release and HST nose dives into the feed ramp. I am able to replicate it on demand. GOOD news is thats only 1 mag. The 2 other mags feed HST flawlessly. In fact, with the troubled mag, the round is much lower and straighter in relation to the feed ramp when compared to the other 2 mags. I have contacted shield arms about this mag and awaiting their reply.

After 10 weeks stored loaded and about 135 rounds through it, measuring at 4.633". If anyone has a virgin spring to measure we can compare. I forgot to measure when I got them.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/469113/apring_jpg-1440801.JPG

Overall, pretty pleased. The mag that wont feed HST feeds FMJ without issue. Im going to try and get 500 rounds through 1 mag so I can dedicate it to carry use and then ill work on the next mag for backup.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/469113/apring_jpg-1440801.JPG

I added the XP spring in the troubled mag and it fixed the feeding issue with HST.

Good to go. That steel mag release will be money.

Now if only glock would release a g48 with a rail I could have a slimmer g19 replacement.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 9:39:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I added the XP spring in the troubled mag and it fixed the feeding issue with HST.

Now if only glock would release a g48 with a rail I could have a slimmer g19 replacement.
View Quote

THIS! Why would you make a gun feature/model/option NOT AVAILABLE to the US MARKET.  Is there somewhere in the universe they sell more guns?
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:25:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

THIS! Why would you make a gun feature/model/option NOT AVAILABLE to the US MARKET.  Is there somewhere in the universe they sell more guns?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are waiting for all of us to buy a g43x/48 now, then they will change the color a couple of times so we run out and buy those, THEN they will give us the railed version so we can buy the same gun for the third time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They are waiting for all of us to buy a g43x/48 now, then they will change the color a couple of times so we run out and buy those, THEN they will give us the railed version so we can buy the same gun for the third time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and they follow that business model because it works.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep, and they follow that business model because it works.
View Quote
It sure does.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 2:13:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is great news.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use a curved hook pick, super easy
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:56:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Saw on Shield's IG, a teaser for an electroless nickel option for the S15 magazines. FYI.
Link Posted: 6/18/2020 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#46]
To fix rattling mags, push down slightly in the top round and using your thumb roll it a couple of times. That will also roll the rounds underneath it. After you release the pressure they should not rattle. It is just a matter of getting them seated in the mag with each other. At least it always works on the standard 17/19 mags. I have not had a problem with my S-15’s rattling.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:50:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Saw on Shield's IG, a teaser for an electroless nickel option for the S15 magazines. FYI.
View Quote

They are already on the website
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:44:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Wondering if I should try a couple of these mags. My G43X is my daily carry and I bought a G48 two days ago.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:49:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wondering if I should try a couple of these mags. My G43X is my daily carry and I bought a G48 two days ago.
View Quote

5 extra rounds, why wouldn't you?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a huge fan on aftermarket mags. But these seem to be getting good reviews.
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top