BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 62
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They would work in any mag carrier that holds Beretta 92 or CZ-75 mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody know of a double mag carrier that will hold the S15 mags?
Any standard double carrier should work.

Mine fit the 2 duty and concealed carriers I have.
Single stack still correct?
These are fatter than 1911 mags and skinnier than double stack mags. They obviously will  work in a mag pouch designed for Glock 43x mags.
They would work in any mag carrier that holds Beretta 92 or CZ-75 mags.
Correct.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this batch the last?
Or is there supposedly one more coming to fill all pre-orders.
I have not received notice.
I am 16xxxx
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Allegedly, they said this fourth batch should cover all the preorders.

I doubt it.

I got my shipping notice for order 15800 but it hasn't hit the post office yet.

I've got three guns (43X, 43X, 48) and two cases of ammo and we have range day tomorrow so it doesn't look like it will happen.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm 1582X and have not received a shipping notice.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my three today. They definitely drop free. To the point where I they barely lock in when inserted. I switched my polymer mag catch out for a NDZ Performance aluminum one. I'm not sure if that's the issue or what but after I insert the magazine I can pull it out without the pressing the release.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got my three today. They definitely drop free. To the point where I they barely lock in when inserted. I switched my polymer mag catch out for a NDZ Performance aluminum one. I'm not sure if that's the issue or what but after I insert the magazine I can pull it out without the pressing the release.

Any ideas?
View Quote
I believe I would only be using the SA mag release with these mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 8:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got in one of these yesterday and got to take it apart and look at it today.  Mine came in the fourth batch and has the NEW follower.  Unknown on the spring, but I have not loaded it yet, and the spring is 4 7/8" long and a little more than 2 coils hang out the bottom of the mag with the floor plate removed.  Going to load it now and let it sit for a few days and will re-measure.
View Quote
The springs shield sent me are at least 6” long. My old ones are about 4 7/8”. Maybe shield just uses the heavier springs for mags that experience issues.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:33:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I ran a couple hundred rds through 2 of my mags.  I threw the original springs in the trash, where they belonged.  I have a g19 spring and a g17spring in these 2.  I imagine that the wolff g19+10% is probably a g17 spring.  Both of these springs drop in and allow 15rds loaded, can also do a combat reload with 15 in the mag.  I ripped through 31rd, with a mag change, in a leisurely 18sec.  They run great with a good spring.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, finally got to the range tonight with four of the ten mags I purchased.  200+ rounds, alternating between 115 gr Blazer Brass and 124 gr Magtech.

The good:  They all functioned flawlessly.  15 shots on demand, every time.

The slide locked to the rear every time.

The bad:    With the SA mag catch/release....none of the four would drop free.

I will re-read the above posts and see which gen follower I have.  (My order # was 13725)

EDIT:  This is on a black slide G48.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:45:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Will these work in a standard G43? I heard the G43X mags don't fit in a 43 for some reason...
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Will these work in a standard G43? I heard the G43X mags don't fit in a 43 for some reason...
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Took 2 mags to the range today. 130 rounds of 115 Winchester fmj without issue. They drop free and slide locks back.  Springs were about 5 inches almost identical to g19 springs.
So far I’m real happy.

Edit to add I’m using a shield mag catch.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:19:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OK, finally got to the range tonight with four of the ten mags I purchased.  200+ rounds, alternating between 115 gr Blazer Brass and 124 gr Magtech.

The good:  They all functioned flawlessly.  15 shots on demand, every time.

The slide locked to the rear every time.

The bad:    With the SA mag catch/release....none of the four would drop free.

I will re-read the above posts and see which gen follower I have.  (My order # was 13725)

EDIT:  This is on a black slide G48.
View Quote
I am finally catching up with this thread.

There are new followers?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Disregard
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?
This is what I'm doing. I took the magazine apart and inserted it and only a fraction was engaged. I also compared it to a OEW mag catch and the OEM was longer too. So the NDZ is definitely a nogo. I ordered from SA this morning so I'll chew my OEM one up until the replacement gets here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Order 1587X has shipped.  The full EDC package with 3 mags, 2 extensions, and a mag catch.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
The reason is they are different sizes. The magazines and magwell on a 43x or 48 is wider than a 43.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 6:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm 1582X and have not received a shipping notice.
View Quote
Got my notice today.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 7:29:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Just came in, will shoot this weekend, first impressions on a black slide 43X (I don’t know what “Gen”I have) with supplied SA aluminum mag catch freshly installed:

All mags sit at a uniform height, at least as near as I can tell from close inspection. They all drop free as well, both from a closed and open slide, and all hand cycle ammunition smoothly. These things take some authority to slap into the gun, however. Done gently, they don’t trip the mag catch. Don’t know if that’ll change or if I’ll just have to practice using my man hands on reloads.

Oh, and I see what you all are saying about slicing your fingers loading. Anything past twelve rounds or so and they start being a real bitch to load. Usually that gets better fairly quickly, so hopefully with some use they break in a little. It’s not awful, my 365 12rd mag was way harder, but it’s noticeably harder than my 43 10rd mag.

Overall I’m very happy with them so far, and assuming there are no problems shooting them this weekend, I’m looking forward to carrying them and buying more with my coupon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:30:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Order 1587X has shipped.  The full EDC package with 3 mags, 2 extensions, and a mag catch.
View Quote
I ordered the same and also got notice today. 162xx. This was my second order, and I think I got it in on the last or second to last day they were available.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I put 150 rounds of Tula 115 through the one mag I have this afternoon.  It worked just like any OEM mag and I had no issues. Only things worth noting:

1) I had three failures to lock the slide open on the last round, however this is most likely due to me inadvertently riding the slide lock, as I have had this same issue with OEM mags in my 48, and I know with them it’s me inducing this and not the magazine.

2) As someone else mentioned, these do take a little more force to seat fully and get the mag catch to engage, when compared with the OEM mags.

I’m using the SA mag catch in a fairly early silver G48 if that matters to anyone.

My plan is to put at least 500 rounds through this mag and then a couple of mags of my carry ammo and then evaluate if I fee comfortable carrying it.

Also, I measured the spring after I left the mag loaded for 24 hours and then shot with it today. It is now 4 5/8 as opposed to 4 7/8 when it was new.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I got notice today, also....#165xxx
Finally!
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Any ideas?
View Quote
Well that’s disappointing.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#24]
My three from order 15800 should be here Friday. I have an NDZ aluminum mag catch installed already.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?
I think it's a mag catch issue, not the magazine. Their mag catch will be here Saturday so we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I think it's a mag catch issue, not the magazine. Their mag catch will be here Saturday so we'll see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?
Probably. They catch fine with my SA mag catch. They’re kinda a bitch to insert, but they hold and drop fine. I’m hoping they get a bit easier to insert over time, if not, learning to mag change with authority isn’t necessarily a bad thing so I can live with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My three from order 15800 should be here Friday. I have a Hyve aluminum mag catch installed already.
View Quote
@Choswer

FYI. I have the Hyve and shield catches. In case you don't like the MUCH higher profile of the Hyve catch(I did not) the Shield extended catch is somewhere in-between OEM and Hyve, closer to OEM IMHO. I'm keeping my Hyve for back up only. If I ware out my shield catch, I'll swap in the Hyve until Shield sends me a replacement...
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Good to know. I’m hoping to have some free time tonight to run downstairs and shoot a few boxes. Assuming the rookies keep quiet. Lol
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:34:29 PM EDT
[#29]
20% off code is S15TY20
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:44:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
20% off code is S15TY20
View Quote
Awesome, now if only I could order anything.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Didn't have much time, just ran 45 rounds through the gun.  No issues.  Mag locked back each time it was empty.
No issues loading mag with slide closed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:04:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I just received my two yesterday but can’t get to the range until Monday. They look good and fit well. I should probably buy the SA magazine catch and make these magazines the dedicated ones for my G48.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#33]
I got mine Wednesday and put 600 rounds through my 3 mags last night with no failures of any kind.

The mags lock in easy and drop free when full or empty. I also have the Shield Arms mag catch installed.

Very impressed so far.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:39:02 PM EDT
[#34]
From Shield's S15 Pre-order Updates page...
January 29, 2020

Preorder finished - all preorders have been shipped or delivered. If you don't see your shipping notification email, please check your junk folder.
View Quote
USPS tracking shows mine arriving a day earlier than originally projected. They should be waiting for me when I get home this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got back from the range. Ran 150 (100 124gr FMJ and 50 assorted JHP) through each mag without issue. They are a little stiff to get to 15 at first, but after a couple times loading each one they loosened up. So far I'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:34:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any ideas?
Received my SA mag catch today. Installed it and now everything works properly.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:28:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Any word on a steel or bronze mag catch?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Got mine today.  All 3 of them drop free for those of you that care about that sort of thing.  And with the +5, there's a gap at the bottom of the grip bigger than the gap between Stacy Abrams' teeth.  I don't think that'll affect function, as the grip is already big enough to get all my fingers on.  Its not as big of a deal as if it were my G26 and G43 with their shorter grips.

Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got back from the range, ran a couple hundred rounds through them. Functioned fine. Cycled rounds, dropped free, etc. I’m very happy with them, and plan on ordering more here soon. I trust these mags for carry, and will be carrying them from now on.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
365 mag in a chopped grip?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
365 mag in a chopped grip?
They are making an 80% lower for that.  

here
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#42]
I ordered a three pack plus mag catch, and only received a single mag.
Emailed them Thursday, received a reply with a tracking number the same day (< 2 hours, actually).
Received the missing items today (!). Mistakes happen, very happy with the response.

I just replaced my mag catch with the SA one.
The first mag can drop free - but the slide won't lock back at all.
The two new mags, the slide locks back very well, but the mags aren't drop free.

The mags look identical to the eye, I certainly can't see the differences.
As I've been writing this post, I've been working the mags a bunch. One of the new ones now drops free once in a while.
I'll see how it functions once I get to the range.
Reasonably happy, so far - they function test fine with snap caps, and the slide lock and drop free aren't necessarily deal breakers.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#43]
View Quote
You have my attention!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:43:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Yeah, I like that 80%, but:
1) why not just sell it as 100% for those of us without a drill press and no desire to whittle on a slide to get everything smoothed out?
and
2) why not make a frame that will hold the 12rd SIG mags?  It would still be shorter than the 15rd (G19-size) grip of the 43X/48, but would give you a better grip and 2 extra rounds (I use the XL grip with a 365 slide on my SIG, and it's a lot smaller than the 43X...even the 365XL is closer in size to the 43X than it is to the 48).
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:45:34 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Yeah, I like that 80%, but:
1) why not just sell it as 100% for those of us without a drill press and no desire to whittle on a slide to get everything smoothed out?
and
2) why not make a frame that will hold the 12rd SIG mags?  It would still be shorter than the 15rd (G19-size) grip of the 43X/48, but would give you a better grip and 2 extra rounds (I use the XL grip with a 365 slide on my SIG, and it's a lot smaller than the 43X...even the 365XL is closer in size to the 43X than it is to the 48).
View Quote
Because if they make a complete frame, that is manufacturing a firearm, and there's taxes, licensing, and rules and shit for that.

Sending out an 80% frame, no FFL required, no manufacturing tax, no worrisome ATF rules and paperwork to keep.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Extensively tested all ten mags yesterday.  All locked back reliably for five cycles (yes, I shot a lot!)  At the start of the day five would drop free, and five would not.  By the end, none would.

I am upgrading to the +10% springs, and if that does't work, I"ll use some very find sandpaper to relieve the mag well a bit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 2:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Extensively tested all ten mags yesterday.  All locked back reliably for five cycles (yes, I shot a lot!)  At the start of the day five would drop free, and five would not.  By the end, none would.

I am upgrading to the +10% springs, and if that does't work, I"ll use some very find sandpaper to relieve the mag well a bit.
View Quote
I would try heat+tape wrapped mag before sanding.  Maintains the surface finish.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#48]
ran another 100 rounds of FMJ and 50 rounds of JHP through the same mag.  No issues.

Have a range day scheduled for Friday to transition some officers over to red dot pistols so I'm going to open the other two mags up and we're going to run all three mags as hard as we can between training sessions.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 10:03:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Finally got a chance to shoot mine today... shot 60 rounds through each mag of crappy Winchester USA Forged 9mm with no issues.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#50]
I received my mags & release a few days ago, and my 43x
lower arrived today. I swapped out the mag release & and
my comped and red dotted SI 43 upper, and then dashed out
to the range before it started raining. I ran all 3 mags 3 times.
All were with Winchester 124 Gr, except one mag of Hornaday
124 Gr XTP's. Only 1 mag locked back on the last round all 3
times. The other 2 did not lock back at all. On my next range
trip, I will make an effort to purposefully stay off the slide
release.

Other than the failures to lock back, the Shield mags ran & fed
just fine.

My ETS 19 round mag had one round turn steeply upward &
jammed. But was subconsciously counting the rounds as I
fired them & I apparently had 20 rounds in it. So more
testing for it, as well.

More range work to follow.

FYI

Edit to add: All 3 of my Shield mags drop free empty & full.
Also, all 3 lock the slide open when I rack the slide by hand,
and they push the slide release up very firmly.
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top