Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 62
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you going to be happy WHEN (not if) your P365 breaks down?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m very lukewarm about the 43X and 48, and doubt I’ll ever pick them up given how happy I am with my 365 and 19.5.

If they had flush fit 15rd mags though? I’d buy the shit out of one.
Are you going to be happy WHEN (not if) your P365 breaks down?
Woops, sorry, got lost and thought I strayed into tech. My bad! Dunno, I’m well past the 4 digit round count on mine and it works fine. Eventually something probably will break. So you’re right, it is a “WHEN (not if)”. Parts breakage happens to every gun eventually. That’s what happens when you actually shoot your guns.

Back on subject: This would be a great thing for the 43X/48, and I don’t doubt there’s a ton of room in their magwell. I’ve been very happy with my most recent 19, and this essentially gives one a 19 with a free .25” of thickness. That’s a pretty big deal. I don’t know that this would replace my 19, at least until there’s a thinner RMR or the RMS better proves itself, but I’d definitely pick one up, and I’d definitely find a way to carry it.

There’s the problem of lights. Currently there’s the TLR6. But I’d just as soon try one of those Deadpoint lights. There’s not much info out on them, but they look neat. They replace the guide rod, which means not only do they not need a rail, but they work with regular holsters and take up zero extra space. I’ve been itching to try one out, and they already make one for the 43 that (presumably) would work with the 43X.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 2:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Is an extra 5 rounds worth another $18? I only paid $22 for my spare factory mags from AIM...

I mean, I’ll probably buy one, but still.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is an extra 5 rounds worth another $18? I only paid $22 for my spare factory mags from AIM...

View Quote
No, it isn't.   I'd wait on the guy figuring out $20 CZ75 compact mags working in the 48 frame.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No, it isn't.   I'd wait on the guy figuring out $20 CZ75 compact mags working in the 48 frame.
View Quote
The other argument is going with mags designed to work with the gun versus mags that happen to work once modified.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I probably shouldn't admit this, but IF these are as good as OEM mags with regards to reliability, I'd pay $80-$100 for them. But I grew up on 19s, and 15+1rds just feels right (compared to 6 or 8 or 11).
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there any sort of release date estimation? I don’t see anything on their site or the net. Part of me wants them out now, but part of me wants them to take a bit so they can come out with a 43X in all black.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is there any sort of release date estimation? I don't see anything on their site or the net. Part of me wants them out now, but part of me wants them to take a bit so they can come out with a 43X in all black.
View Quote
On Instagram they said they're trying to get them out by summer.  So I'd expect first quarter 2020 and be pleasantly surprised if they release them before then.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#8]
meanwhile you can just use a G19 if you can "tolerate" the .10" extra thickness
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 10:23:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Depending on hand size and body type, that .10" can be a meaningful difference.  I've carried a G19 for the last 10 years and I have to roll my grip to hit the magazine release with authority.  Most people shooting next to me wouldn't notice it, but it is a compromise.  The G43 was too small for my hand, the 43X/48 is just perfect.

It's great that we're all different and we have options for just about everyone now.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 1:12:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Why would you wait on me? CZ75 compact mags extend out past the 48 frame and only hold 14 rounds. I would rather take a somewhat factory spec 15rnd flush fit mag over a jerry rigged CZ 75 compact mag.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 7:33:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why would you wait on me?
View Quote
2 mags for the price of 1
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's not the width, it's the weight of the gun (for me at least). Having sciatica really affects the weight I can carry on my right side hip. Not a real fan of AIWB carry, so right hand hip it is. Adding more weight to a gun no matter how "lightweight" is never a good thing. Metal mags and extra rounds is going to add up to a significant weight gain for me. I think I'll stick with the 10 rounders for now.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know Suarez isn't super liked around here, but they make a plug and play rmr slide for the 43 and 48.

Eta: Pretty cool.
View Quote
Wow.  Thats sexy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 12:57:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
After I have kind of dabbled away from Glock metal mags have made me a believer.  This is an awesome opportunity and may drive a purchase of a G48!
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
After I have kind of dabbled away from Glock metal mags have made me a believer.  This is an awesome opportunity and may drive a purchase of a G48!
View Quote
Oh when these hit and are proven to work I will for sure be a buyer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Do g 43 mags fit in a g42 frame similar to tue g19 and 25, or is the g42 mag well shorter &/or narrower??

Is the slide &/or the grip of the 43/48 really only .1” wider than a 26/19??

You can put g48 mags in a g 43 like 19 mags in a 26??

Last question, can you run a g48 barrel in a glock 43 frame???

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#19]
No to all?  You cant run a f48 barrel in a 43 like you can w a 19 barrel in a 26??
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#20]
The G42 and G43 are completely different frame sizes, they are in no way interchangeable, unlike the 19 and 25.

The 43X/48 are the same width as the 43.  The entire grip is the same width as the protrusion at the top of the 43's grip.

Almost everything but the mag is interchangeable on the 43, 43X, and 48.  You can use 43 triggers in the 43X/48, the slides and barrels can be mixed and matched.  43X/48 mags will NOT fit in a 43 or vise versa.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:26:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks.  Interestingnhowbthey redid the mag well dimensions for the 43x/48.  So this new mag theybare working on would NOT fit in ghe 43, just the 43x or 48.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks.  Interestingnhowbthey redid the mag well dimensions for the 43x/48.  So this new mag theybare working on would NOT fit in ghe 43, just the 43x or 48.
View Quote
That is correct.

They did say they were also working on a magazine for the 43.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#24]
They have a plus three on their website but still show the plus 4 and the 15 as preorder and out of stock. I bought a plus two from hyve tech and it’s way too big for what it adds so a flush 15 will be sweet!
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 11:30:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Now, I’m not saying..I’m just saying: over on GT they’re talking about if the video was doctored. At first I thought they were wearing too much tin foil, but after watching the background of the vid seeming to reset with each round shot...huh...see for yourself:

15 Round Mag - Glock 43X/48
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
^ that is weird looking lol. The muzzle blast looks different though between shots.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Now, I’m not saying..I’m just saying: over on GT they’re talking about if the video was doctored. At first I thought they were wearing too much tin foil, but after watching the background of the vid seeming to reset with each round shot...huh...see for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-Hh3zlsP1Q
View Quote
Smoke and mirrors
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
That one is a little weird looking......

If you watch the snow / breath in this one it looks much better / more believable FWIW

Really hope it is real and reliable though.  Will be picking up a 48 asap if so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG36aeTLvh4
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah I just caught that. Pretty fishy.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:23:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Don't know why it would be fake.  It's proven that P226/CZ75 mag bodies fit in the magazine opening.  Seems people just need a Dremel.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Don't know why it would be fake.  It's proven that P226/CZ75 mag bodies fit in the magazine opening.  Seems people just need a Dremel.
View Quote
Not to mention faking something like that is a good way to sink your entire business.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 5:01:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Damn if fake that is pretty fucking lame.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:24:36 PM EDT
[#34]
My CZ75B magazine is 16 rounds and it fits in the g48 frame but it’s nowhere near flush.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where has this been tested/proofed?
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can take pictures later but my 75B magazine slides all the way into the frame of my g48.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Handguns/When-will-we-see-15rd-flush-mags-for-the-48-43X-/13-186842/
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
nice!

Now need a flush fit G42 9-10 round mag for 380
View Quote
This. If you take a Glock 42 and hold it upside down you can drop like 14 rounds of 380 in the empty magwell nearly double stacked.
Now obviously you need room for the mag body and spring and the double to single feed transition. But surely 9-10 in doable.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:48:55 PM EDT
[#39]

That’s a 16 round CZ75 magazine. If you push the magazine release it will even drop free.

I’d say the 14 round 75 mag might be close to flush and with a shorter follower I think 15 rounds would be possible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:09:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Faker than stormy Daniels tits! Something is strange about this. April fools prank?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Faker than stormy Daniels tits! Something is strange about this. April fools prank?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know if it’s doctored or just some kind of video artifact, but it sure looks weird. If it were doctored, I’d have to assume they are designing such a mag, don’t have a working prototype, and want to build hype early. I don’t know, and this is 100% supposition in my part.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Honestly, regarding the video, who really cares? All I care about is if they release a working magazine with increased capacity.

Mueller is looking for a job. Maybe you guys could hire him and have him investigate.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 7:30:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah it real, some guy holding a camera without stablization and he's jumping at each shot, if faked the shooter is certainly in the exact same position which would be rather difficult for amateur photographers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#44]
It’s kinda hidden in their website now. Not near as easy to find. Wonder if they’ve ran into some problems?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:35:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Honestly, regarding the video, who really cares? All I care about is if they release a working magazine with increased capacity.

Mueller is looking for a job. Maybe you guys could hire him and have him investigate.
View Quote
How you plan on getting those in Mass?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Now, I'm not saying..I'm just saying: over on GT they're talking about if the video was doctored. At first I thought they were wearing too much tin foil, but after watching the background of the vid seeming to reset with each round shot...huh...see for yourself:

View Quote
I'm going with recoil and shitty phone camera.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nah it real, some guy holding a camera without stablization and he's jumping at each shot, if faked the shooter is certainly in the exact same position which would be rather difficult for amateur photographers.
View Quote
The movement of his shirt cuff is different every time.  I say it's real and agree with the above.
However,  I bet they are having some issues.  
I would be crapping nickels personally debating release of such an item.  If it isn't absolute 100% reliable, could sink the company.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The movement of his shirt cuff is different every time.  I say it's real and agree with the above.
I would be crapping nickels personally debating release of such an item.  If it isn't absolute 100% reliable, could sink the company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or they said it would be released by Summer.  It's not summer yet.  And no gun company in the history of ever has met a projected release date.  So I'd expect no earlier than Q2 2020.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if they beat that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Or they said it would be released by Summer.  It's not summer yet.  And no gun company in the history of ever has met a projected release date.  So I'd expect no earlier than Q2 2020.  I'll be pleasantly surprised if they beat that.
View Quote
If they get it out and it’s reliable it will be a big game changer.
Link Posted: 4/11/2019 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#50]
I want them to take as much time as they need to get it right.  No rush.
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top