Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 23
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#1]
OH MAN, SO IN ON THIS!!!!! Can't wait to buy one or ten.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read this on another forum.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Blue Label 19X will be # PX1950702, and sell for $533.50, and that is with night sights.
Read this on another forum.
That’s the Blue Label price?

No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:28:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK FUCKING FUCK FUCK FUCK!

FUCKING BULLSHIT!

FUCK!

I just want a damn Glock carbine already.
View Quote
That's a proportional response...

~Augee
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#4]
My dealer shows blue label as $534.00 with zero in stock, given it has night sights and is FDE I would say this is a good retail price but for blue label no thanks. I can get from the same dealer a gen 5 19 with ameriglo’s for $476 is it really worth ~$60 for it? That being said I’ll still get one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 1:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I'd rather have a chopped 19L.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:22:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Threads like this show why people think the Glock community is so toxic...

Glock makes the 42 - People bitch because it’s not a 9mm

Glock makes the 43 - People bitch because it's bigger than the .380

Glock makes the Gen5 without finger grooves (like the community asked for) - People bitch because they want the finger grooves back

Glock introduces the 19X (because people showed interest in the MHS) - People bitch because it' not what THEY wanted...

I have never seen a community that will literally bitch about absolutely ANYTHING that a company does.

http://e.lvme.me/ub1smht.jpg
View Quote
I agree with this 100%. Some people just like to bitch about anything.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There seems to be a lot of misconception that this pistol is somehow intended for concealed carry.  It certainly could work in that role but its primary function (in the MHS format) was a duty pistol.  Concealed carry is hardly the only market there is for handguns and despite what is posted here I doubt most concealed carriers carry a gun even as large as a G19.  At any rate Glock already makes a great gun for concealed carry for those who can live with its size, some may have heard of it, it is called the 19.  I don't really buy into the utility of a G17 slide on a G19 frame.  I'm not against Glock making it, the more the merrier, if it sells then great.  However, are we really convinced that an extra 1/2" of barrel/slide is the answer to our concealed carry prayers?  Sure, it might offer a slight overall improvement but I think it is way oversold.  I don't notice a practical difference in speed of handling or accuracy between my G17 and G19.  If there is any difference at all in terms of handling it is slightly in favor of the 19.

The shorter slide makes sense in a duty holster.  My first duty gun was a Beretta 92.  There is a huge difference in comfort level when sitting in a patrol car (or other vehicle I imagine, I was never in the military) with a 5" barreled gun as opposed to a 4" barreled gun.  Sure, its an inch, but in the case of a duty holster it is an extra inch sticking into the seat and pushing the holster up or banging into the seat belt anchor in the seat.  My G23 duty gun is a lot more comfortable than the Beretta 96 it replaced when seated in a car.

The 19x also makes sense, just like a 17 or 19, for home defense.  There is nothing wrong with choosing a shorter slide/longer frame for that role and it might work for some people.  Nothing wrong with more choices.

If I am ever in a position where I have to provide my own duty gun I would seriously consider this; shorter slide for comfort when seated, full size grip and two extra rounds.  I'll probably buy one anyway just because I like the way it looks.  I don't "need" it, but I don't "need" most of my guns.  On the other hand, the whole 19 frame/17 slide thing doesn't appeal to me at all.  Different strokes for different folks.
View Quote
Except my duty gun has a duty light which already sticks out further than a 17 barrel. Safariland holsters are most certainly the most popular duty option. The light bearing models are designed long enough to work with an X300 or TLR-1. So the duty segment of this gun is pretty small in my opinion.

Also if it doesn't come in black I don't see many officers carrying this on duty unless they are SWAT.

I love Glocks and want them to sell a shit ton but I think they would have done better if they came up with a more modular system like the p320 even if it is a little gimmicky.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There seems to be a lot of misconception that this pistol is somehow intended for concealed carry.  It certainly could work in that role but its primary function (in the MHS format) was a duty pistol.  Concealed carry is hardly the only market there is for handguns and despite what is posted here I doubt most concealed carriers carry a gun even as large as a G19.  At any rate Glock already makes a great gun for concealed carry for those who can live with its size, some may have heard of it, it is called the 19.  I don't really buy into the utility of a G17 slide on a G19 frame.  I'm not against Glock making it, the more the merrier, if it sells then great.  However, are we really convinced that an extra 1/2" of barrel/slide is the answer to our concealed carry prayers?  Sure, it might offer a slight overall improvement but I think it is way oversold.  I don't notice a practical difference in speed of handling or accuracy between my G17 and G19.  If there is any difference at all in terms of handling it is slightly in favor of the 19.

The shorter slide makes sense in a duty holster.  My first duty gun was a Beretta 92.  There is a huge difference in comfort level when sitting in a patrol car (or other vehicle I imagine, I was never in the military) with a 5" barreled gun as opposed to a 4" barreled gun.  Sure, its an inch, but in the case of a duty holster it is an extra inch sticking into the seat and pushing the holster up or banging into the seat belt anchor in the seat.  My G23 duty gun is a lot more comfortable than the Beretta 96 it replaced when seated in a car.

The 19x also makes sense, just like a 17 or 19, for home defense.  There is nothing wrong with choosing a shorter slide/longer frame for that role and it might work for some people.  Nothing wrong with more choices.

If I am ever in a position where I have to provide my own duty gun I would seriously consider this; shorter slide for comfort when seated, full size grip and two extra rounds.  I'll probably buy one anyway just because I like the way it looks.  I don't "need" it, but I don't "need" most of my guns.  On the other hand, the whole 19 frame/17 slide thing doesn't appeal to me at all.  Different strokes for different folks.
View Quote
The difference in length between a 17 and a 19 is .47".
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:52:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the reason their bringing it to market (19X) is two fold; because they want to
recoup develop cost competing for the DOD contract; (especially since it did not win the contract);
and they have to bring something new to market.

Sig Sauer is already capitalizing by winning the DOD contract. Glock is behind the curve.
S&W M&P 2 is a nice pistol at a better price point.
So are some others. I'm sure I'll have one (19X) mixed in with my other 19's.
I may get a gen 5 19 as well. Although, I have not been in any hurry.

But, agree if it is Glock perfection, the statement made on TFB (youtube) was that Glock
states these pistols are the most durable Glock pistols they've ever made, as was quoted
by Glock USA prez TFB says.

Maybe Glock should change their motto to say 'continuous pursuit of' perfection LOL.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Glock makes the 42 - People bitch because it’s not a 9mm

Glock makes the 43 - People bitch because it's bigger than the .380

Glock makes the Gen5 without finger grooves (like the community asked for) - People bitch because they want the finger grooves back

Glock introduces the 19X (because people showed interest in the MHS) - People bitch because it' not what THEY wanted...

I have never seen a community that will literally bitch about absolutely ANYTHING that a company does.

http://e.lvme.me/ub1smht.jpg
View Quote
Yep, whiners gonna whine...
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Needs to be in black..
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Glock community is toxic but not because Glock owners think the 19X is retarded. It's toxic because people like to dress up their $500 pistols and pretend they are a storm trooper or other fictional character with a $3,500 plastic pistol.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:58:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very true, it does make a little bit of a difference when seated wearing a duty holster. The difference isn’t huge but it is there. That is kind of the point though, .47” isn’t a big deal much of the time. Given that I fail to see the problem so many seem to have with this pistol. Is a .47” longer slide really the answer to the much pursued “perfect defensive pistol?”  If this gun had come to market with a G17 slide to match the G17 frame we wouldn’t even be having this discussion. Glock probably should have called it the 17K instead of the 19X, then people would be falling all over themselves to get one.

As for holsters with attached lights, I’ve never been a fan. Perhaps that is because through most of my law enforcement career that wasn’t a serious option and I have never warmed to the idea. I just don’t like the extra bulk and the draw stroke with an attached light. For someone who uses an attached light this pistol has less to offer. I also agree that it isn’t likely to see much duty use unless it is available in Black. FDE May look “cool” but most department administrators are not going to sign off on guns so colored.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Very true, it does make a little bit of a difference when seated wearing a duty holster. The difference isn't huge but it is there. That is kind of the point though, .47" isn't a big deal much of the time. Given that I fail to see the problem so many seem to have with this pistol. Is a .47" longer slide really the answer to the much pursued "perfect defensive pistol?"  If this gun had come to market with a G17 slide to match the G17 frame we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Glock probably should have called it the 17K instead of the 19X, then people would be falling all over themselves to get one.

As for holsters with attached lights, I've never been a fan. Perhaps that is because through most of my law enforcement career that wasn't a serious option and I have never warmed to the idea. I just don't like the extra bulk and the draw stroke with an attached light. For someone who uses an attached light this pistol has less to offer. I also agree that it isn't likely to see much duty use unless it is available in Black. FDE May look "cool" but most department administrators are not going to sign off on guns so colored.
View Quote
If the gun is more expensive than a 17 Gen 5, then it makes no sense at all. And why does it have to be FDE?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:37:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If the gun is more expensive than a 17 Gen 5, then it makes no sense at all. And why does it have to be FDE?
View Quote
Marketing. It will sell because it is basically the MHS gun without the afterthought thumb safety. It is FDE because the MHS gun was. It includes night sights, so that explains about $60 of the additional cost but the reality is it is more expensive because it can be.

That said, I still like the concept. The execution isn’t perfect but it will certainly work. It is basically a commander size 17. The Commander 1911 has always been very popular, this is essentially the modern plastic version.

I’m not a “Glock guy.”  I own all sorts of different guns, Glocks among them. I like the look of this particular gun and I can see potential applications for it. If others don’t that is cool, there is nothing wrong with choices.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is this gun built of Gen 3, 4, or 5 architecture?
View Quote
two pins...
no finger grooves....
beveled nose.....
ambi slide stop......
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Based on barrel length the 17 is closer to being a Commander and the 19X is closer to being a Compact top on a full size frame.

1911 Govt  5"
Glock 17  4.48"
1911 Comm  4.25"
Glock 19X  4.01"
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a consecutive pair from my local cop shop today.  ETA at the end of the month.  550ish per unit.

This is the Glock version of the Colt Commander!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Oooh, let us know how they are when the come in!
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Modern day S&W 5903 SSV, I like it and will own one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm glad they released it for people who are interested. I have no interest in this pistol myself though.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The Glock community is toxic but not because Glock owners think the 19X is retarded. It's toxic because people like to dress up their $500 pistols and pretend they are a storm trooper or other fictional character with a $3,500 plastic pistol.
View Quote
Because that "plastic" has really turned into a shitty material to make a gun frame from.

Oh wait.

Everyone is moving to polymer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Should have called it the G17-K
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm sorry what I do with my money triggers you.

2017-12-03_07-00-02 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 10:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4580/27042134179_44f99ca97f_o.jpg2017-12-03_07-00-02 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote
How dare you spend your money?!?!?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Any pre orders yet?

ETA: msrp is being reported as $749 fuck that if true.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:24:35 PM EDT
[#29]
They sold out but can be notified when they come back in.

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-19x-9mm-gns-5-5lb-le-pistol.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Landric

Thank you for the perspective.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:37:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
They sold out but can be notified when they come back in.

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-19x-9mm-gns-5-5lb-le-pistol.html
View Quote
They have not sold out, it's not available yet...  They are taking pre-orders as stated in the description.

It does not release until 01/22
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:53:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I am holding one in my hand right now if anyone has questions.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 3:57:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Buds taking pre-orders, 629 cash discount price.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I am holding one in my hand right now if anyone has questions.
View Quote
@thetacticalcoyote tell us about it.

How is the balance?

Worth the price?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Buds taking pre-orders, 629 cash discount price.
View Quote
They should be the same price as a 17 Gen 5.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Perfection ? ...........
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Priced similar to a Vickers FDE G19. I did it figured this could be a limited run, but who knows.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
They should be the same price as a 17 Gen 5.
View Quote
It's going to be a few bucks more since it has night sights.  $629 seems like a good price.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's going to be a few bucks more since it has night sights.  $629 seems like a good price.
View Quote
Not bad then. The shorter slide and color doesn't interest me as I don't operate, but I like the lack of front strap cutout.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 5:32:08 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered one through my blue label dealer at $533 and they will have them the 22nd.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:46:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

How is the balance?

Worth the price?
View Quote
@Finslayer83

I would say we finally have our Glock Commander. Balance is great, feels more in the hand and less nose heavy, even with an empty magazine.

It will take Glock 19 Gen 5 slides, the lanyard loop comes out, and I think if one were to trim the front edge off, Gen 4 magwells will fit on it.

I will be taking it home tonight.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
@Finslayer83

I would say we finally have our Glock Commander. Balance is great, feels more in the hand and less nose heavy, even with an empty magazine.

It will take Glock 19 Gen 5 slides, the lanyard loop comes out, and I think if one were to trim the front edge off, Gen 4 magwells will fit on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How is the balance?

Worth the price?
@Finslayer83

Sold!

I’m on the list to get one from my ffl whenever he gets em in.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Can you put it on layaway at Buds if you reserve it? I didn't see the option at checkout
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4580/27042134179_44f99ca97f_o.jpg2017-12-03_07-00-02 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote
What brand is that comp?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 9:14:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@Finslayer83

View Quote
Do you have a Gen5 17 slide you can try to put on it?  I'm guessing the X is a modified 19 frame and not a modified 17, and a gen 5 17 slide won't fit it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Called my local fun store for a price when they come in. They said 599.99.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Man I gots to get me a GLOCK with a lanyard hole on it!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#48]
I asked to be called for two of them, we'll see if that ends up being three weeks or three months.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:09:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I would like to get my hands on some of them FDE mags tho.
Link Posted: 1/5/2018 12:11:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Do you have a Gen5 17 slide you can try to put on it?  I'm guessing the X is a modified 19 frame and not a modified 17, and a gen 5 17 slide won't fit it?
View Quote
Won’t fit. It’s a Glock 19 frame with an elongated grip essentially.
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top