BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very interested in this, did the AA upper drop right in without additional modifications?
View Quote
Yup, just slid right on. It was a bit rough at first so I lubed it up and hand cycled it for an hour while watching tv one night.

No modifications at all. Still cant believe how well it works.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 11:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone done a colbalt colored one?
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 6:49:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone done a colbalt colored one?
View Quote
The middle one is "cobalt"

I figured it would be a blue color when I ordered it. Odd to call it cobalt.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/22/2018 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
The LOWER RIGHT is COBALT

Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
My NotAGlock19L

Gray P80 compact frame
Swenson G17 slide
Lone Wolf Alphawolf 19L barrel
Lone Wolf slide spacer
Glock guys
Zev connector
Frank Proctor sights

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 12:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My NotAGlock19L

Gray P80 compact frame
Swenson G17 slide
Lone Wolf slide spacer
Glock guys
Zev connector
Frank Proctor sights

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55367/IMG_20180223_170340-462126.JPG
View Quote
@TheJeanyus
Any issues fitting the Alphawolf barrel?
I had to remove a bunch of metal from the bottom of the feed ramp so it would clear the locking block on my build.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@TheJeanyus
Any issues fitting the Alphawolf barrel?
I had to remove a bunch of metal from the bottom of the feed ramp so it would clear the locking block on my build.
View Quote
I haven't shot it yet, but it handle-cycles fine as long as you let the recoil spring do the work.  If you try to ease the slide forward slowly it doesn't want to go all the way in battery.  It locks up quite a bit tighter than a factory barrel and slide.  May require a little tweaking, but we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Got the frame in the mail today, an hour later, here it is.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I haven't shot it yet, but it handle-cycles fine as long as you let the recoil spring do the work.  If you try to ease the slide forward slowly it doesn't want to go all the way in battery.  It locks up quite a bit tighter than a factory barrel and slide.  May require a little tweaking, but we'll see.
View Quote
That is the polymer 80 not the barrel. They all do that if you don’t buff/file the rails and be sure to clean out the recoil spring assembly channel good enough. It causes drag on the RSA and slows down the return to battery.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#10]
slide from 80percent
Apex trigger, connector and safety plunger
Ameriglo sights
Silencerco barrel
TBRCi micro comp
Battle Werx Anti-Flicker plate

Almost finished have to hog out the U channel some more and take it to the range for a test drive.

Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My NotAGlock19L

Gray P80 compact frame
Swenson G17 slide
Lone Wolf slide spacer
Glock guys
Zev connector
Frank Proctor sights

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/55367/IMG_20180223_170340-462126.JPG
View Quote
Except for the sights and connector, we're running the same gun (FDE for me). @ZLMan, I didn't have nay problems with the AlphaWolf barrel. I just put 40 rounds through it and had a few hickups at first. First few rounds didn't want load, but I think that was the rails. After 10 rounds, everything was fine. I plan on putting another 250 through it this weekend to break it in. If I run into any issues I'll post back here.

I also noticed some issues with the ejections. Some went straight to my right, some went directly over my head, and others in between. Any ideas on what that may be? Just the ejector breaking in?
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Wife's new build.  Pics make the color look more blue, but it is actually a nice teal / turquoise.  I reshaped and rounded the trigger guard.  I think it came out pretty nice.  
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#16]
First 15 rounds.  Approx 7-8 yards.  Runs like a Kenyan in a marathon!

Excited for my RMR to get here!
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Crappy pic of my compact with Brownells slide and barrel and a TBRCi comp.  I rounded and reshaped the trigger guard.  I removed the front serrations to make the thickness of the trigger guard more consistent from end to end.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:25:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
First 15 rounds.  Approx 7-8 yards.  Runs like a Kenyan in a marathon!

http://webpages.charter.net/deut30and11/Guns/IMG_5755.PNG

Excited for my RMR to get here!
View Quote
Is that a Brownells slide?
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Is that a Brownells slide?
View Quote
Yes, Brownells RMR cut G19 slide with window.  Seems very well made and finished.  All parts fit without effort.  Slide was a GREAT price considering the RMR cut, window, front serrations, etc.  Lots of value for the $$
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The middle one is "cobalt"

I figured it would be a blue color when I ordered it. Odd to call it cobalt.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/185965/20180128_150022-460501.JPG
View Quote
I wonder if they are hesitant to make a blue (royal blue) or red because those are associated with non firing training guns.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#23]
So who's got the best deal on a G17 white lower?
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Can someone explain the Cobalt color. Or maybe take a good picture in sunlight. I can't figure out what color it is.

Kind of looks lovely like grey/green to me.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Can someone explain the Cobalt color. Or maybe take a good picture in sunlight. I can't figure out what color it is.

Kind of looks lovely like grey/green to me.
View Quote
Dark grey, like the color of cobalt, not cobalt blue.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
This was very helpful. Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/13/2018 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://image.ibb.co/eXxL9c/image.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://image.ibb.co/eXxL9c/image.jpg
More along the lines of this

Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone have a pic of a Coyote frame next to a FDE frame?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone have a pic of a Coyote frame next to a FDE frame?
View Quote
^^^this

Built a fde frame but thinking I need a coyote next, hoping its enough of a color difference to justify.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:11:07 AM EDT
[#30]
P80 G34 build.  Norsso slide, Zev barrel and upper parts kit, Deus Ex Machina trigger, Glock lower parts kit.

Link Posted: 3/20/2018 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
P80 G34 build.  Norsso slide, Zev barrel and upper parts kit, Deus Ex Machina trigger, Glock lower parts kit.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4779/25853015237_6f89bcc58f_b.jpg
https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4782/25853020937_cdb8aa36c8_b.jpg
View Quote
That's a good looking pistol, I like the slide.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:08:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Love the look of that.  The Norsso slide lines look very nice mated to the lines in the P80 frame.  Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 9:18:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Poly80 first build with my Glock 23 slide. Got to test fire. But so far so good. About. 45min to a hour off work. Love these.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:27:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Can't get it to run for shit yet with the 9mm slide. I've cleaned up everything I can find.  It's getting better, but will not run a full mag without some failure.  Usually just fails to lock up.  Tacsol 22 slide runs great.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Can't get it to run for shit yet with the 9mm slide. I've cleaned up everything I can find.  It's getting better, but will not run a full mag without some failure.  Usually just fails to lock up.  Tacsol 22 slide runs great.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89127/19691-489974.JPG
View Quote
Take the slide off and post pics of the internals, forward locking block area including the recoil spring block and the rear trigger/ejector module area.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 8:03:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Will those even fit in Glock holsters?  That trigger guard looks way off and ugly as hell too...
View Quote
no kidding, its like they flew a native over from the Turkish gun industry to design the trigger guard...  you would think keeping it compatible with Glock holsters would be a high priority.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
no kidding, its like they flew a native over from the Turkish gun industry to design the trigger guard...  you would think keeping it compatible with Glock holsters would be a high priority.
View Quote
Oh nay, nay!  The trigger guard is purposefully designed with a great deal of thought going into it.  The deep undercut at the rear allows for a much higher grip.  I can get all three fingers of my large hands on the grip without my little finger hanging off.  The secondary curve of the forward portion of the trigger guard allows for a higher hold with my support hand, and the contouring is perfect.   These frames are a joy to shoot and recoil management and muzzle flip is noticeably better to me than a side by side comparison with a Gen 3 Glock.  I will gladly buy an extra holster for the added shootability.  It is the most comfortable "Glock" I have ever shot.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 6:58:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Oh nay, nay!  The trigger guard is purposefully designed with a great deal of thought going into it.  The deep undercut at the rear allows for a much higher grip.  I can get all three fingers of my large hands on the grip without my little finger hanging off.  The secondary curve of the forward portion of the trigger guard allows for a higher hold with my support hand, and the contouring is perfect.   These frames are a joy to shoot and recoil management and muzzle flip is noticeably better to me than a side by side comparison with a Gen 3 Glock.  I will gladly buy an extra holster for the added shootability.  It is the most comfortable "Glock" I have ever shot.
View Quote
Nailed it. All the customizing that people do to their "perfection" glock frames to make them better, the polymer 80 frame addresses all of them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Nailed it. All the customizing that people do to their "perfection" glock frames to make them better, the polymer 80 frame addresses all of them.
View Quote
I have a Gen 3 G19 that has HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS worth of grip work done to it (perfecting perfection, you know). I like the P80 frame just as much, if not more. They really knocked it out of the park by incorporating all the stuff you would otherwise have to pay extra to have done.

I'm not building P80s for the "ghost gun" factor, I'm doing it because it's the cheapest way to get a frame that is done the way they should be done.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure the undercuts help you grip the gun higher, and they are quite comfortable.  However, that goofy "hook" sticking out of the front is both pointless and ugly.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 9:17:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure the undercuts help you grip the gun higher, and they are quite comfortable.  However, that goofy "hook" sticking out of the front is both pointless and ugly.
View Quote
so grind it off!
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 11:05:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

so grind it off!
View Quote
It's like you think this is a custom home build or something...
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Nice! Those are "slick" as my dad says.

I'm slowly putting together parts for one of these builds. Enjoying the hunt for good deals. Every bit as much a part of the fun in my opinion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2018 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I've yet to do anything with the Gen 1 P80 frames I have.  Since I'm not interested in building something fancy, I've been kinda put off with how much the other parts cost to build one, but I guess the cheapest part is the plastic.  Some nice lookin' ones in this thread tho.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:42:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:30:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Here's what I've got so far....

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Continued.....
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Attachment Attached File

Wow these are as bad as AR15’s my second a G34
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top