Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2017 8:44:05 PM EDT
I've got a 19 Gen 4 that I'm doing some different upgrades too that I normally wouldn't do.

The frame will be stippled, trigger undercut, and then cerakoted OD Green.  Already has a Vickers Tactical magazine release installed. As far as the trigger goes, I replaced the serrated trigger with a Gen 3 smooth trigger that's been polished. Went ahead and installed Glock "-" connector and NY1 trigger (like a slightly heavy trigger on my CCWs)

The slide I'm planning on sending into the AR15store to have the following work done. I've already got a set of Trijicon HAD sights installed.

This will be mainly a carry gun, so I'm not going too crazy with upgrades but want to try some different parts. Looking into installing a 6lb firing pin spring, probably the Ghost spring. Also looking at the Zev striker. Other than that, planning on leaving it alone

What say the hive?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds good. I have heard the guy who does the work on Glocks here on the site, does good work. It is the beauty of owning a Glock. For so long they remained the same ugly pistol( not knocking it by the way), but now a lot of machinists have changed that by allowing a different look to be had. I sent my slide to Loki Tactical on Florida's West coast and could not be happier.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If I modify my Glocks, I do so only using OEM parts, like what you did with the smooth trigger. My reasoning is they work now, what's doing all that you have planned going to do? Only aftermarket part you'll find installed on my Glocks are Trijicon night sights.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:47:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I would NOT put any ZEV, or any other aftermarket fire control prts in a carry gun.

How did the - connector/NY1 spring work out in the Gen4?   I tried it in a couple different guns when the Gen4 came out and it was the worst thing I'd ever felt.  Nothing like what it was in the Gen 2-3.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:09:59 AM EDT
[#4]
On a carry gun, only OEM parts for me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would NOT put any ZEV, or any other aftermarket fire control prts in a carry gun.

How did the - connector/NY1 spring work out in the Gen4?   I tried it in a couple different guns when the Gen4 came out and it was the worst thing I'd ever felt.  Nothing like what it was in the Gen 2-3.
View Quote
I always install Gen 3 trigger bars in my Gen 4s (like the smooth trigger better), feels alot better with that coupled with the NY1 trigger. Installed with just the Gen 4 trigger bar, it does feel significantly heavier to me

In the past I have always installed either a Ghost or Zev 3.5lb connector coupled with the NY1 trigger and Gen 3 smooth trigger bar. Recently lucked into a few Glock OEM "-" connectors so decided to install those in my CCW rotations. Adds a little more pull, but considering it's on a carry gun I don't want a super light trigger just slightly lighter than stock. The only one in the rotation still rocking an aftermarket connector is my G42.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:10:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Sights and Vickers slide stop lever are all that I do.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
As the carrier of a modded 1911 I really can't say this without being a hypocrite, but since a Glock is perfection out of the box, how about spending the money on ammo and practicing more?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top