Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2017 9:36:11 AM EDT
I want to send a gen 5 19 slide to ATEI to have a red dot mounted. Everyone does the RMR but I hear the Deltapoint has a better FOV and possibly more durable. Anybody use one on a glock and how do you like it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
What's the intended purpose of your red dot Glock?

Biased RMR x 3 owner...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I have bot the RMR and the Deltapoint Pro both with red dots not the triangle version. The field of view is a little better with the Deltapoint but you cannot adjust the brightness. They both work well. Either one is a great choice.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I actually prefer the deltapoint due to the smaller dot size. They are both nice though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 2:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I prefer the brightness controls of the RMR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have bot the RMR and the Deltapoint Pro both with red dots not the triangle version. The field of view is a little better with the Deltapoint but you cannot adjust the brightness. They both work well. Either one is a great choice.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/453213/IMG_1115__1_-338730.JPG
View Quote
What?

I have both an RMR type 2 and a deltapoint pro. Brightness is manually controlled on both of them. The control is better on the rmr though. FOV is better on the DPP and the glass is much less tinted. The RMR wins in the durability and size category IMO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Both are good optics.  The white paper written by Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics backs this theory.  Those two are far and away tougher than the rest of the market.  Unless the pistol is used only for range plinking, it's not worth it to spend your cash on anything other than the RMR or Deltapoint.  However, as the prior poster alluded to - the RMR is easier to adjust.  FWIW, I went with the RMR but wouldn't feel bad having a Deltapoint.

Here's 2 videos outlining the difference between the 2 for carry (if someone can insert preview): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CemBUg-EmWo&t=346s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtFNmvOqdho
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 1:19:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Is it a carry gun?  If so, do you mind switching out batteries a lot?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info for adjusting brightness. Mine was set to auto and did not realize you could manually adjust the Deltapoint Pro. The RMR is much quicker to adjust.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:28:16 AM EDT
[#9]
From the videos it seems like the RMR is better for concealed carry, but the Deltapoint Pro might be better for competing where field of view is more helpful and adjustability is less critical.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is it a carry gun?  If so, do you mind switching out batteries a lot?
View Quote
The auto on/off works extremely well. I swap batteries on all my gear each year on my birthday. At 10 months on my current DPP And it was carried daily.

The battery issue is largely overblown.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
RMR 06 on a G19 for carry, DPP on a G34 for steel competition. RMR is more compact, DPP has a slightly larger window. DPP you can change batteries WITHOUT removing sight from slide and NOT having to re-zero. DPP is WAY cheaper. All that being said, I love my G19 with the RMR. ATEI did my 19, Primary Machine did my 34. BOTH are absolutely flawless installs.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
wrong.gif
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
From the videos it seems like the RMR is better for concealed carry, but the Deltapoint Pro might be better for competing where field of view is more helpful and adjustability is less critical.
View Quote
Basically this.  Add in battery life and ease of changing batteries and that about covers it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top