Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2017 8:59:17 PM EDT
I've been wanting the Zev Pro Compact Magwell forever. Besides how it looks , which I like, it is said to giv e a better grip on the Glock 19.

What I'm worried about is seating mags and whether or not any aftermarket magazine bases work with it or not.

For instance if regular Glock base plates don't seat well with the magwell what other base plates do?  Such as the vickers, Tarin tactical, zev, and so on.

Would you guys fo or not?
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:19:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you planning to shoot it in any competitive pistol sports?

As far as the base plates, I'd email ZEV and ask them. I'm sure they know exactly which magazine / base plate combos work.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:29:06 PM EDT
[#2]
No this magwell in particular is more for concealed carry. It's not as big as the competition ones.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one and it gives you a great "purchase" on the gun. I felt it really improved my grip on the G19 due to my small Trump hands. Magazines with Glock OEM extended basepads seated fine. I can't speak to other brands. However, I removed it and sold the magwell because (for concealed carry) I couldn't get over the fact that (without an extended baseplate on a magazine) the magwell doesn't leave enough room to rip a mag out to clear a double feed or hard stopage.

Back to stock with stock magazines. Keeping it as reliable as possible for a carry gun!

Your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe all these magwells attach basically in the same manner, using the one screw.  I found it was a flimsy attachment, the front lip of the magwell was not solidly supported.  After a few hours I returned it.

ETA: And as the above poster said, you MUST use an extended mag base with that kind of setup, both for seating and removal.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing I can add is it depends on what gen. Glock pistol you own. For example, if you have a gen 4 and use the ZEV magwells and the glock beavertail or other backstraps, you might have to alter the straps or beavertails in order for them to fit. I believe Agency Arms makes the only magwell that you can order that is able to be used in conjunction with the beavertail/back straps without any alterations. They come in 3 sizes I believe for the gen 4.

If it is for a gen 2 or 3, I have a TTI that has no issue with fitment of mag bases but it might with Vickers mag. bases as they are too wide for just about any magwell.

Your grip alone on the gun will improve right away when you hold it with a magwell. That made me get one more so than the faster mag. loading.

In my opinion, don't cheap out and get a polymer/inexpensive magwell as they are not as good as the metal/brass ones. I had a MagPul and they are crap. There is a reason they are only $20.00.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top