Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2017 7:24:27 PM EDT
So I've been recently offered a Zev SOCOM Glock 19 Gen 3 as a trade, and I'm not a glock person. So I've got no idea what this is worth, and some of the crazy prices online make it hard to pin down an actual number.

It looks pretty clean, some holster wear on the finish and the guy is claiming it's shot less than 100 rounds.

What's a realistic price tag that these go for?

And anything specific to glocks I should pay attention to before I trade for this?

Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Use BBCode not image link

Value is totally dependent on the buyer.  The EE frequently has these "Gucci Glocks" listed for absurd amounts of money, and they usually sit for months with little to zero attention.

I personally would not give much more for it than any other Glock, considering the only real appeal is the stippling.  All the goofy slide milling and dimpled barrel are purely cosmetic and add no functionality to the pistol whatsoever... Just my .02
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Not used to forums, so I found the link for the BBCode. It won't let me edit my original post despite the preview showing the photo however...
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice guns. If you are new to Glocks, that one will spoil you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice guns. If you are new to Glocks, that one will spoil you.
View Quote
Is there any reason to pay more for this than any typical Glock 19 out there however? Considering how TheMercenary said it's just cosmetics, and these supposedly don't readily sell for the value of the parts. If that's the case, I'd be better off shying away from this deal and just buying a plain Glock 19 for ~$500.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:46:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The only listing I found for "this" gun is from this website: https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/zev-g19-g3-15-gun-esoc-gry

Honestly, I have no idea what a gun in the condition posted might resell for. Would it just receive offers compared to a typical Glock G19 Gen 3, or can you reasonably get something in between?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Unless there's providence to prove this is a Zev built gun, it's only equal to the sum of its parts minus condition/wear.

Zev sells a lot of their parts as aftermarket accessories. Kinda like AR's, I can build up a stripped frame into a Zev gun(which I have), for much less than they sell for.

That said, I really like the Socom slide and their parts are of good quality.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:06:09 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you trading and what do you value it at?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't made up your mind yet I see.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:22:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What are you trading and what do you value it at?
View Quote
A Desktop system, value is ~$1,200. They approached with the offer.

And no, they don't have proof it's built by Zev. Guy says he bought it at a gunstore at a discount, since the store apparently lost the original case and paperwork.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:25:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Haven't made up your mind yet I see.
View Quote
If you didn't figure it out when I went car shopping, when money is involved I TRY to do my homework at least.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
$700 -$800 for everything shown in the picture.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:36:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

And no, they don't have proof it's built by Zev. Guy says he bought it at a gunstore at a discount, since the store apparently lost the original case and paperwork.
View Quote
Without paperwork, it's worth the value of a pile of used Zev parts.
Aftermarket parts, even good quality like Zev tend to be, don't hold value well vs Factory.

I'd say locally, aftermarket stuff loses about half it's value upon initial sale... wear takes it lower.  Locally, it'd likely go about the price of a factory Glock... even though MSRP on the Zev slide, barrelt, etc far outstrip a factory gun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd make that trade given how fast computer stuff depreciates and becomes obsolete.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'd make that trade given how fast computer stuff depreciates and becomes obsolete.
View Quote
Well if it's worth only $600-700, I'd rather keep the desktop. If it's at least $900-1000, I'd probably make the trade.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 3:21:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Well if it's worth only $600-700, I'd rather keep the desktop. If it's at least $900-1000, I'd probably make the trade.
View Quote
Slide alone retails about $400. Barrel $250. Assuming the rest of parts zev, its at least $1k.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#16]
I've got a couple custom Glocks and they are for me to enjoy. The added parts on mine are worth the extra money I paid-flat trigger,mag. release, internal parts/springs and barrel make a big difference. The aftermarket barrels allow you to shoot lead/reloads, if you do that. ZEV makes a great barrel but there are others out there that make quality barrels for less-Stormlake, Alpha Wolf,etc..  The stippling can be expensive and to me, makes a big deal with gripping. There are some dealers out there that do a good job and you will be amazed at how much better it feels in the hand but it will cost you depending on what is done. That frame has some good stippling and the trigger undercut can be appreciated after a day of shooting.

As far as reselling the parts and what you would get, depends. If it is a ZEV barrel,probably around $100.00 -125.00. The slide might get you $300.00 if it is cut for a rmr, ( a real Trijicon RMR will cost you $350.00-400.00 easy). The frame could be worth around $175.00-250.00 depending on the buyer. It is hard to tell in the pics if it has a ZEV trigger and internals. A ZEV trigger can resell for around $80.00-100.00. If it has night sights, that can add around $70.00 or maybe more. On the low side of things, The pistol would be worth roughly $750.00 to $900.00,without the holster and light,in my opinion. The holster and light can add more value to it. Holsters are usually a personal thing and most don't have much resell value for the most part. The added light,depending on if it is a quality light could add another $70.00 - 100.00 to the deal.

I sold a Glock 34 with some ZEV parts-ZEV 34 slide with Stormlake barrel,suppressor height night sights,standard Glock frame with no ZEV parts but it did have a ZEV brass magwell for $750.00. I didn't have much more than that into it and the buyer was happy and so was I. Depending on what computer you have and what it will be worth in the next year or so, it might not be a bad deal for you. Just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've got a couple custom Glocks and they are for me to enjoy. The added parts on mine are worth the extra money I paid-flat trigger,mag. release, internal parts/springs and barrel make a big difference. The aftermarket barrels allow you to shoot lead/reloads, if you do that. ZEV makes a great barrel but there are others out there that make quality barrels for less-Stormlake, Alpha Wolf,etc..  The stippling can be expensive and to me, makes a big deal with gripping. There are some dealers out there that do a good job and you will be amazed at how much better it feels in the hand but it will cost you depending on what is done. That frame has some good stippling and the trigger undercut can be appreciated after a day of shooting.

As far as reselling the parts and what you would get, depends. If it is a ZEV barrel,probably around $100.00 -125.00. The slide might get you $300.00 if it is cut for a rmr, ( a real Trijicon RMR will cost you $350.00-400.00 easy). The frame could be worth around $175.00-250.00 depending on the buyer. It is hard to tell in the pics if it has a ZEV trigger and internals. A ZEV trigger can resell for around $80.00-100.00. If it has night sights, that can add around $70.00 or maybe more. On the low side of things, The pistol would be worth roughly $750.00 to $900.00,without the holster and light,in my opinion. The holster and light can add more value to it. Holsters are usually a personal thing and most don't have much resell value for the most part. The added light,depending on if it is a quality light could add another $70.00 - 100.00 to the deal.

I sold a Glock 34 with some ZEV parts-ZEV 34 slide with Stormlake barrel,suppressor height night sights,standard Glock frame with no ZEV parts but it did have a ZEV brass magwell for $750.00. I didn't have much more than that into it and the buyer was happy and so was I. Depending on what computer you have and what it will be worth in the next year or so, it might not be a bad deal for you. Just my 2 cents
View Quote
Thank you for the detailed information patw. Having the parts itemized out like definitely helps with coming to a decision.

Here's a few more pictures.

site to upload photos

site to upload photos
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#18]
$500

only mod that really matters to a glock is the trigger spring replacement for about $0.99.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Not a trade I would make based on the value of your side. I might could almost be convinced if it were something I actually wanted. Computers can be hard to get rid of but if you lowered the value to that of the trade, you'd probably dump it quickly and have less headache.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Not a trade I would make based on the value of your side. I might could almost be convinced if it were something I actually wanted. Computers can be hard to get rid of but if you lowered the value to that of the trade, you'd probably dump it quickly and have less headache.
View Quote
If it can be a good realiable gun for home defense and a day at the shooting range, that can have a Trijicon RMR sight installed on to, I can see myself really wanting this for myself and not to resell immediately.

I mean, if patw's comment is spot on, and it can at least be sold intact or parted out for $750-900... It would be worth it for me to trade at that point I believe. Considering the light is probably ~80-100$ and it does have the Zev fulcrum trigger kit and night sight on it. Not sure what that particular holster is worth, maybe 40-50$.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#21]
When you customize your gun, it's impossible to gain any value on a resale.  Stippling, slide cuts, etc - you can't really expect to re-coup any of that when selling which is why you'll see those custom guns sit on EE for a long time.  Assuming the work is really by them, it's good that it's a zev.  I'd offer up $800 max.  

If you're gonna customize your gun, don't expect to make any money on it selling it used.  Expect to lose your @ss on resale.  Just keep it and find something else to sell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top