Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2017 9:46:54 AM EDT
I'm looking to add a Trijicon RM06 to a Glock 17 & 19 and I'm wondering about mount options.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#1]
As in you're adding it to a Glock 17 MOS or you want to fake it with something like a Dueck Defense mount?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Best option is to send your slide to a good shop and have it milled to fit your optic.
2nd best is the MOS Glock or other aftermarket slide with pocket milled already.  MOS guns are about the same price as a stripped slide from many of the aftermarket companies.
3rd option is the Dueck type mount. Raven makes one as well.

I have (at least) one of each now.
Milled slide sits the optic the lowest and allows the clearest picture for backup irons.
The MOS is really a great 'bang for the buck' option, but the optic doesn't and won't ever sit as low as a milled pocket.
Aftermarket slides can be great, but the good quality ones are also about $500... so within 50$ of the blue label price of an entire MOS gun.
The DD mount works, currently riding on a G20 in my safe and working fine, but it sits even higher... It's above my practiced drawstroke so I end up playing 'hunt the dot' about half the time.

If I couldn't afford to send my slide out (i.e....  can't do the wait time and need my gun for work), I'd likely suggest the MOS route.  New guns are always fun.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
It will definitely be MOS models.

What about fixed sights? Suppressor sights?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will definitely be MOS models.

What about fixed sights? Suppressor sights?
View Quote
Trijicon or Ameriglo suppressor sights works great with the MOS glocks.
Dawson makes specific MOS sets, but IMHO they take up too much of the available 'view'... they seem to true cowitness with the dot where the Trijicon/Ameriglo are closer to lower 1/3rd.

I had Dawsons on my MOSs and ended up with an Ameriglo set (all black on my range gun, dot front, black rear on my carry gun).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top