Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2017 6:54:31 AM EDT
Specifically, are there any issues shooting a little Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman through a Glock 43?
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 7:22:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's what the manufacturer says.  

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=59
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
..."Provided you use real hard cast bullets, that are properly sized and utilize good lube"

I shoot Underwood Hardcast from a stock 10mm barrel with no issues. I also scrub the barrel very well before doing so as a precaution.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell no.

The slightest imperfection in the cast and your screwed***

*** however, you can buy an aftermarket barrel for a Glock with traditional rifling and use hard cast all day
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 3:14:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hell no.

The slightest imperfection in the cast and your screwed***

*** however, you can buy an aftermarket barrel for a Glock with traditional rifling and use hard cast all day
View Quote
Nonsense! I have been shooting commercial cast bullets in my glock OEM barrel since the 1990’s with no ill effects. No secret lead hardness just whatever commercial cast bullet I can buy driven to enough velocity to ensure function and accuracy. A few passes of a dry brass brush and a few dry patches cleans it up. I swab the bore every 200 rounds or so.
If you blow up a glock with lead bullet loads it is because you totally neglected cleaning the bore or you shot an over charged round.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I've shot over 10,000 rounds of cast boolits between my Gen 2 19 and 17 over the last 20 years. I cast and handloaded every single one of them myself.

No issues whatsoever.
I do scrub the bore with a cotton swab wrapped with Choreboy copper strands and Butch's Bore Shine after each range session.

My wife's newly purchased G43 will get a steady diet of them as well.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, I have fired tens of thousands.  But..........plated is so cheap, why not use them?  Berrys and Xtreme are very nice.  

Lube varies greatly and crappy lube means lots of leading and scrubbing.  Drylube bullets were a thing for a while, less leading, less smoke.  A bullet guy in a cheap commercial building was making them in the LA inner city for a while and I would pick up some bulk quantities on passes through the city to avoid shipping.  

It seemed bullets with blue lube were better, red lube sucked.  Does this sound right to anyone who knows about bullet lube from about 15 years back? 

I was told Gen5 Glocks have standard rifling now.  Can someone confirm? 
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:32:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Never had a problem with cast in Glock OEM barrel.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Specifically, are there any issues shooting a little Buffalo Bore Outdoorsman through a Glock 43?
View Quote

I shot these through the chrono from my G43.

G43 3.39" barrel Buffalo Bore 9mm+P Outdoorsman 147gr Hard Cast

Velocity

High 1039, 352 FPE
Low 1013, 334 FPE
Avg 1030.4, 346 FPE

I don't recall how many I ran total, probably just shy of a 100. Fed flawlessly with no signs of bulging.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Hardcast have always fouled my polygonal rifled Glock barrels, even after a single mag the lead buildup is visible.  I use an aftermarket lan/groove barrel for lead bullets.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:12:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I've shot plenty of that BB round with no problem in the G19.  It's my nightstand gun, and it stays loaded with the BB outdoorsman due to the local black bears that frequent our porch.

Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Pick up a lone wolf barrel and be done with it. They have great customer service in my experience.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 10:44:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Glocks warning about cast bullet use is in the same category as all firearms manufacturers warning about using reloaded ammo.

It is lawyer inspired to limit liability in case some idiot does something stupid.  Good heaven's you can't buy a toothbrush today without warnings of dire consequences if you use the product.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I wouldn't shoot any reloads,especially unjacked bullets through a Glock Factory barrel.  That's how Glock kabooms happen. Get a cheap aftermarket barrel for reloads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top