Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2017 12:21:03 AM EDT
I've been doing alot of trading lately, mainly getting more Glocks.  Within the past month I've gotten a Glock 17, 19, & 26 to add to the collection of Glocks I've already got.  

Recently went to the range with a friend who had a 34 & 35, which I both enjoyed. Decided I'd try my hand and see if I could get either one for something I've already got cause don't have the spare funds to just go out and buy either one.  Was preferring to get a 34 since I already have a slew of 9mm stashed away for a rainy day, but it seems I always end up going back to 40S&W. Considering my first ever handgun was a Glock 22 Gen 2 Missouri State surplus, I enjoy shooting 40S&W.

Have a deal worked out with a gentleman for a Glock 35 Gen 3 for a Glock 19 Gen 4 that's been chilling in the safe for awhile.  Mainly because I've got multiple 19s, and figure this is the cheapest way to get something else I want without forking over any money. While some might disagree with that decision, I've got other 19s and I want a 34/35 and don't have the extra cash currently to spend on getting one.

Anything I need to know besides get more ammo, magazines, and better sights?

The Glock 35 Gen 3 currently has the Glock extended magazine release & slide release, 2 magazines, and the standard Glock adjustable sights.  If all works and the deal goes through, I'll probably install Ameriglo Hackathorn sights on it (black rear, red front).
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#1]
My G35 is my nightstand gun.

Just swapped out all new spring in it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking forward to getting it. Want to try to get into my local matches and figure this will be a great gun to use, plus I can get a conversion barrel if it strikes my fancy
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:50:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I shot one for a while during the early 2000's, but my interest in 3 gun was really growing since the North Carolina Tactical experiences...  there was no major/minor at Ft Benning 3 gun (before Heavy Metal), picked up a G34,and got rid of the G35
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the deal yesterday, the guy even gave me a Glock range bag and Safariland holster for it. I did a detailed strip and cleaned every component. It was filthy, but everything looked good. Besides, any gun I get in trade I immediately completely disassemble and clean all components cause I don't trust other people.

I did install a NY1 trigger and Ghost 3.5 connector cause thats what I had on hand. I may eventually upgrade it to a different spring set-up, but will leave alone for time  being. It did have the Glock OEM minus connector, which I'll install in my Glock 19 which is my carry gun. My carry guns get the NY1 trigger and minus connector, my range guns get Ghost or Zev connectors minus my 42 cause don't believe they make a minus connector for those but could be wrong

Currently debating what sights I want to put on it. Ideas have ranged from just sending the slide into Glock for factory night sights and complete slide rebuild (always a plus), to a set of Ameriglo sights (red/green night sight front, black rear), to just using a spare Ameriglo black rear with a green fiber optic that was on my 19.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I put the Dawson adjustable rear green FO and their red FO on my 34 and like it.
Back when I was shooting USPSA my G24 had the same sights.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I put the Dawson adjustable rear green FO and their red FO on my 34 and like it.
Back when I was shooting USPSA my G24 had the same sights.
View Quote
You could shoot a G24 in USPSA? Thought it was too big?
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#8]
The 24 is too big for production division but is good in limited or open.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#9]
My 35 is a damn tack driver.  People think I am better than I am because of it.  I need a 34 to match it.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Just get a conversion barrel, or two. Then get an Advantage Arms .22 conversion. You have a gun that can shoot several calibers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just get a conversion barrel, or two. Then get an Advantage Arms .22 conversion. You have a gun that can shoot several calibers.
View Quote
Already working on getting an Advantage Arms conversion kit for a Glock 22 Gen 3 frame I picked up for $75. My FFL waived the transfer fee cause I was getting some cerakote work done on a different gun and picked them up at the same time

I'm hoping to luck into a conversion barrel on the EE. Wouldn't mind getting a 357 Sig barrel just to try it out, but a 9mm would be better cause I've already got a slew of that stashed away
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My 35 is a damn tack driver.  People think I am better than I am because of it.  I need a 34 to match it.
View Quote
That's my problem, I'm already loving the 35 so now I'll want a 34 to match it. Granted, I could get a conversion barrel but I don't think that will stop my inner demons from wanting a G34
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#13]
My G35 is a gen 3.
I added Lone Wolf conversion barrels in 9mm & 357sig. Also keep it on my nightstand, although carry is usually a G19.

ETA and no, the conversion barrel does not prevent the continued craving for a G34.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My G35 is a gen 3.
I added Lone Wolf conversion barrels in 9mm & 357sig. Also keep it on my nightstand, although carry is usually a G19.

ETA and no, the conversion barrel does not prevent the continued craving for a G34.
View Quote
I have a G35 which I shoot for USPSA major power factor. I also have the Lone Wolf conversion which works flawlessly.

In contrast to you, my Jones is not for a G34 but for a second slide milled for a red dot sight. The eyes are getting older and it's harder to get glasses for seeing the front sight.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:50:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My G35 is a gen 3.

View Quote
If I was to get a conversion barrel I'd probably go with 9mm just cause I've got a slew of that.  Plus, always need an excuse to buy more 17 magazines
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a G35 which I shoot for USPSA major power factor. I also have the Lone Wolf conversion which works flawlessly.

In contrast to you, my Jones is not for a G34 but for a second slide milled for a red dot sight. The eyes are getting older and it's harder to get glasses for seeing the front sight.
View Quote
My thoughts were originally to do the same thing cause I found a G35 slide milled for red dot on eBay for decent price. Granted, it was going to go on the G22 frame I picked up from Combat Armory for $75 shipped. Instead going to install the Advantage Arms conversion kit to have a dedicated 22LR
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm looking forward to getting it. Want to try to get into my local matches and figure this will be a great gun to use, plus I can get a conversion barrel if it strikes my fancy
View Quote
If you reload for 40 cal, check out the 40 Lite Made Right article. 40 minor is very light shooting, has the best "felt recoil" out of the 35 in my testing and if the ammo cycles the slide you never have to worry about making power factor.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My G35 is a gen 3.

My decision is based on economics - by the time I get a second slide tricked out, I can purchase a complete g34.
In my eyes, neither direction is invalid - just different directions. For the money, I'd rather have an additional serial #d firearm.
Link Posted: 10/26/2017 12:34:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes, it's surprising the slide is such a high percentage of the total price of a whole new gun. Overpriced it seems.

I can only shoot one at a time, the safe is getting full, the pennies are getting pinched.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top