Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 3:52:13 PM EDT
Alright I give. I can’t find a holster that I like for my G17 Gen 5 w/ X300-A. Needs to be OWB as this is my nightstand and on the ranch gun.

My Bravo Concealment just came in and after 3 draws it’s taking cerakote off on the front / top corners of slide. Even put some scratches on my tan X300. It is obsurdely tight. These 2 piece kydex holsters just don’t work for me. They can’t be adjusted. And since G-Code doesn’t make the OSL one for the X300 “A” model I’m stuck.  

Does anyone know what number Safariland would work? The one piece design with just the thumb break lever. No duty retention or strap. safariland website just confuses the crap out of me.

Any other 1 piece light bearing options I’m missing out on?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I will agree their website and the general internet makes it a PITA to find out exactly which holster you need/want.

I just got this one.  No range time but so far just in the house I really enjoy it.  Little different than say a SERPA but its just as quick IMHO.  

https://holsterops.com/products/7ts-als-concealment-holster-w-light-options-7376-7377-7378-7379

Its a big holster though, I personally wouldnt call it a concealment holster reminds me of their duty holsters.  It fits my G19 with TLR1HL so it would probably fit a light like yours.  I do not know the exact size of your light compared to the TLR.  If this holster does wear on your pistol you will have wear lines where a holster like this touches the slide.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used a bravo bca with xc1 surefire light since February this year.  It is a very wide holster (5 inches), and it prints badly on me if worn with IWB optional clips.  But I am pretty skinny guy.  I tried two different positions for belt loops OWB and found the std 10 degree cant with upper loop screws in top position fit me best.  I did not like it initially but after adjusting it found it OK for OWB.  I think it conceals better this way with a short coat than it does IWB.  This position also cants the holster away from belt a little bit and provides for a rapid draw.  I got used to it but did not like it at all to start with.  Same with their single mag pouch.  It just takes up too much realestate.  My twin  FOBUS pouch is more comfy. You can carry OWB without light but most of holster/pistol tension is on the light, so it does not hold as securely without light.  You can screw down four screws to get a bit tighter tension but not a whole lot.

One other problem w carrying light on pistol is it does change my point of impact about 2 1/2 inches to right at 25 yards.  This really surprised me since the XC1 is so tiny.  I repeated with a threaded barrel and same shift in poa/poi.  

I came away from whole experience feeling like you need two identical pistols, one w a light and one without and holsters to match.  I am dedicating one to a light with suppressor and the other clean.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#3]
PS, I have not had any unusual wear on either my pistol or light.  that is a bummer.  I would return it.  Mine does not do that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Bravo Concealment offers lifetime warranties and adjustments.  Give them a call or an email, see what they can do for you.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:11:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I said screw it and broke out the hair dryer. Made some adjustments and just about got it right. It’s still making contact with the very front / top of the slide but it’s way better. Problem is that section is all the way down into the bottom of the holster. And the Gen 5 has a beveled edge. Couldn’t imagine if it didn’t have the radius.

I get that it’s a pretty compact holster for a 2 piece design, but it really should be making contact mostly with the light, not the front of the slide.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top