Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2017 9:00:03 PM EDT
I have a G17 gen3 that I am wanting to update with a new slide with a delta pro or RMR.

Is there a pro or con for the Atom mount for the optic?

How is the CS of both. I see Unity uses dealers mostly to move product so I don't know if that's a issue with contacting them.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

( proud owner of a G19, 23, 20, 21 and 35 for the record)
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
no one really cares for suarez or his products on this forum.

his products may be fine (his trigger is NOT GTG), but suarez is a huge douchebag.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:12:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a G17 gen3 that I am wanting to update with a new slide with a delta pro or RMR.

How is the CS of both. I see Unity uses dealers mostly to move product so I don't know if that's a issue with contacting them.

What are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

View Quote

I can speak to this- I have contacted Unity directly via email and received a prompt response from their CS.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

Thank you in advance.

View Quote

Have you looked at having the original slide cut vs buying an entire new top end? I really dig Jagerwerks but he's... expensive.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:58:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you everyone for the answers and options to look at.

I don't think I want my factory slide cut because it may be weird but I put an after,rake to barrel in all my Glocks before I fire them so the original barrel is virgin. Don't know why it is just something I do.

I guess that also answers why not much pulled up on the non Unity company. That's good to know and I will stay away from them.

Now I have to see if I can find one in stock somewhere to pick up. Most of the places on their dealer list are OOS.

Thank you again everyone!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 2:21:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Not to side track the intent of the original post, but does anyone have any experience with the LW RMR Cut Alpha Wolf slide?

Was looking at several different slides and saw these... the price is attractive and read a few positive reviews...

https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=921340
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:20:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If your sure it's gonna be a Trijicon RMR, tons of options. There is even adapter plates to change rmr cut to leupold dpp.

Recently Brownells released rmr cut slides at a great price, I bought one and it works great. Black nitrided, low cut, good machine work.

http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/slides/front-cut-rmr-slide-for-gen3-glock-9mm-17-4-stainless-nitride-prod107977.aspx

If you want nicer or more aesthetically pleasing, Zev has quite a few options and colors available. I have a Zev Socom on a gen 3 19 with type 2 RMR, probably my favorite Glock right now. Prices run from $400 and up depending on options.

Also, primary machine has ready to ship slides that you can spec out as needed with cuts, sights, cerakote, internals, etc.... they do great work.

ETA: I was also looking at the Unity Atom when looking for RMR slides. Pretty sure if you go to their site you'll read that they are phasing out production of Gen 3 slides. I couldn't find one for a decent price 6mo ago and went with the Zev.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If your sure it's gonna be a Trijicon RMR, tons of options. There is even adapter plates to change rmr cut to leupold dpp.

Recently Brownells released rmr cut slides at a great price, I bought one and it works great. Black nitrided, low cut, good machine work.

Slide at Brownells

If you want nicer or more aesthetically pleasing, Zev has quite a few options and colors available. I have a Zev Socom on a gen 3 19 with type 2 RMR, probably my favorite Glock right now. Prices run from $400 and up depending on options.

Also, primary machine has ready to ship slides that you can spec out as needed with cuts, sights, cerakote, internals, etc.... they do great work.

ETA: I was also looking at the Unity Atom when looking for RMR slides. Pretty sure if you go to their site you'll read that they are phasing out production of Gen 3 slides. I couldn't find one for a decent price 6mo ago and went with the Zev.
View Quote
Have you had any holster fitment issues with the brownells slide, some people have reported it is larger than an oem slide
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you had any holster fitment issues with the brownells slide, some people have reported it is larger than an oem slide
View Quote
Only tested with 3 holsters so far, all worked. Trex sidecar, uncle mikes LE owb, and raven vanguard( this one doesn't count).
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:41:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Only tested with 3 holsters so far, all worked. Trex sidecar, uncle mikes LE owb, and raven vanguard( this one doesn't count).
View Quote
Good to know thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually, all of the Suarez stuff except for some of his triggers are good to go. I've used his magwells, his slides, sights, etc and they've all worked great and been and cheaper than the competition.

He may be an ass, but the majority of his stuff works great and is cheap.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:07:17 AM EDT
[#12]
For those of you with unity, suarez or other slides that have a general RMR cut, do you notice any zero shift when the RMR is removed/reinstalled? Is there noticeable play in the RMR before you screw it down?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Slide at Brownells

<snip>
View Quote
I'm only seeing Gen3 slide options when I do a search at Brownells (your link is broken)

Is that the case or did they remove the link you posted?

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw that the OP specified Gen3... I'm retarded
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:57:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm only seeing Gen3 slide options when I do a search at Brownells (your link is broken)

Is that the case or did they remove the link you posted?

ETA: Nevermind, I just saw that the OP specified Gen3... I'm retarded
View Quote
Yeah, I figure these are mostly aimed at the polymer 80 crowd, rightfully so, people are stripping new guns on GunBroker and selling everything but the reciever for new gun price. Nice to have options, factory stripped slide are going for $300.

ETA: apparently here or there doesn't like that link, replaced it 2x and it still gives brownells error code
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For those of you with unity, suarez or other slides that have a general RMR cut, do you notice any zero shift when the RMR is removed/reinstalled? Is there noticeable play in the RMR before you screw it down?
View Quote
Suarez cut my G34 slide when they started the program and the RMR fits perfectly in the slot. If it moves I can't tell it. I got one of the first G19 slides they produced and the cut was the exact same, no movement that I can tell. As for removing the RMR I wouldn't recommend taking one off and out expect to change batteries once a year....and go easy on the loctite because I got super happy on my 1st battery change and ended up having to send the slide to work with Dad for them to ez out the screws.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#16]
how about aero precision
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:47:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
how about aero precision
View Quote
Aka...Grey Ghost Precision
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
but suarez is a huge douchebag.
View Quote
That sums it up
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I've had both...Suarez for a 19 and currently an ATOM for a g17.

Both are very good. I no longer have the Suarez or the g19, but only because I like the G17 platform better and bought a second one (Glock 17, not ATOM slide).

Some people don't like Suarez International, however I can say they have excellent CS. I had an issue with one of their milling jobs on a 19 and they went ABOVE and BEYOND to correct the problem and really surprised me. As far as their own slides? It was very well made.

I only went with the Unity Tactical ATOM because I am purchasing another Aimpoint micro and want to put that on my G17.

If you just plan on running a particular optic, the Suarez will suit you just fine, and I personally would buy another without hesitation.

Only my personal experience.

Also, Suarez sights and magwells I believe are made by whoever also makes Salient Arms' sights and magwells. They are the exact same, just different logos.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top