Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2017 6:16:21 PM EDT
Does the right-side of slide stop lever stick out farther from the frame than the left-side.  The left-side of the slide stop lever on my Gen 5 19 looks like it does on all my other Glocks.  The new right-side of the lever seems to stick out farther.  Wondering if it would be possible to bend that side of the lever in a little so it is less pronounced.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
That is normal, I've seen it on all of them.

ETA: mine is the same way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic? I dont have one but am curious...
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two G17.5's, and on both of them, the right side does stick out just a touch more than the left.  It looks like the bend over the frame rail is the same on both sides, but the bottom of the release on the right side is flared out at the bottom just a bit making it look like it sticks out further, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't have that problem

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 8:38:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Hehehe. You must be a lefty. I was a bit worried about the lever causing failures to lock back on an empty mag but no problems so far.

Nice serial number. BFL.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#6]
It does look like it sticks out a hair more . I'm right handed but don't notice it with my strong hand .
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:45:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine stuck out a bit more as well.  Yes it is possible, I bent it back in and now they are even.  Not that big of a deal, but my OCD couldn't take it.  :)

TXPO
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 12:08:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Mine sticks out as well.  I'd  jack with it but I'm  waiting on the extended version.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:28:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mine stuck out a bit more as well.  Yes it is possible, I bent it back in and now they are even.  Not that big of a deal, but my OCD couldn't take it.  :)

https://i.imgur.com/Ftmd3br.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Nmr86og.jpg

TXPO
View Quote
Your OCD could take the spooge stain on the top of you slide.  What are you doing to that poor Glock?  
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Hehehe funny you mention that.  It is from my ALS duty holster.  The locking mechanism in my ALS holster marked up my 4th gen gun in that location, so I put a piece of synthetic suede from the inside of another safariland holster over the plastic tab, again my OCD about it scarring up the finishes.  It sucks up the oil from the slide when holstered.  One wipe and it is gone.  :)

TXPO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top