Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 9:31:22 PM EDT
Trying to see what's out there and how much they're going for.  Able to find only a couple on Gunbroker but seeing if anyone knows of any other sources.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm always on the hunt for those. They pop up here in the equipment exchange from time to time. Also keep our eyes up on Armslist in your area, that's where I find them more often than not. $350 is the absolute cheapest I've seen. I try not to spend more than $450-$475. One with Austrian proof marks obviously will be on the high end price wise.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm always on the hunt for those. They pop up here in the equipment exchange from time to time. Also keep our eyes up on Armslist in your area, that's where I find them more often than not. $350 is the absolute cheapest I've seen. I try not to spend more than $450-$475. One with Austrian proof marks obviously will be on the high end price wise.
View Quote
Other than it saying "Austria" on the slide and matching serial numbers, should I look for anything else?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
^^

I was curious as to that question as well.  what's your interest in the gen2's?  I have one, and it's trigger sucks compared to my friends gen3.  but I believe it was a police trade in, maybe has that ny trigger or something, idk not very versed in glocks.  hence, me asking whatcha guys so interested in the gen 2's for, the lack of finger grooves? or something else.  thanks cheers
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
^^

I was curious as to that question as well.  what's your interest in the gen2's?  I have one, and it's trigger sucks compared to my friends gen3.  but I believe it was a police trade in, maybe has that ny trigger or something, idk not very versed in glocks.  hence, me asking whatcha guys so interested in the gen 2's for, the lack of finger grooves? or something else.  thanks cheers
View Quote
For me, it was the second gun I ever bought back when I was 21.  I really liked the trigger and action on it.  Made the stupid mistake of forgetting it in my car and it was stolen some time back.  I have a Gen 3 17 and 26 and like them fine.  Also, have a Gen 4 19 but the Gen 4's aren't my thing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#5]
They do show up on rare occasion, you just have to keep an eye out for them. The second Gen G19's are becoming more rare than hens teeth and near impossible to find in excellent condition. The EE here is a great place to look for just about everything. I bought the Austrian proofed second Gen G19 below and the OD H&K USP Tactical which is the first of only 500 made with a sweet serial number to boot! I also scored the unfired RTF2 G19 with Gills here too.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:46:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They do show up on rare occasion, you just have to keep an eye out for them. The second Gen G19's are becoming more rare than hens teeth and near impossible to find in excellent condition. The EE here is a great place to look for just about everything. I bought the Austrian proofed second Gen G19 below and the OD H&K USP Tactical which is the first of only 500 made with a sweet serial number to boot! I also scored the unfired RTF2 G19 with Gills here too.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/IMG_5252-312854.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/IMG_2920-312855.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/IMG_2883-312856.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/358028/IMG_6111-312857.JPG
View Quote
I want a G17 RTF2 but after playing with my friends 22 he has had for some time I realize the bad part of the RTF2 it wears and starts getting slick.  

I just saw a few weeks back a G19.2 and 98% condition and I passed on it because the seller wanted $500 and would not come down.  He said it was a collector Glock and would be worth a lot of money.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:24:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I want a G17 RTF2 but after playing with my friends 22 he has had for some time I realize the bad part of the RTF2 it wears and starts getting slick.  

I just saw a few weeks back a G19.2 and 98% condition and I passed on it because the seller wanted $500 and would not come down.  He said it was a collector Glock and would be worth a lot of money.
View Quote
The RTF2 frames are by far my favorite and I've also heard the same about the texture wearing down with continued carry time and significant use. All of my RTF2 guns are safe queens and most of them have never been fired.

I thought I'd never see the day when Glocks would become collectible but a number of them are doing just that. I've seen some first and second gen models go for some insane amounts. I was offered $1500 cash for the RTF2 G19 in the pic above just this week and turned it down. I have to say, that was one very hard offer to turn down but I don't know that I'll ever find another NIB unfired gillie G19.

I also saw a G19.2 go for $800 that wasn't nearly as nice as the one pictured above.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The RTF2 frames are by far my favorite and I've also heard the same about the texture wearing down with continued carry time and significant use. All of my RTF2 guns are safe queens and most of them have never been fired.

I thought I'd never see the day when Glocks would become collectible but a number of them are doing just that. I've seen some first and second gen models go for some insane amounts. I was offered $1500 cash for the RTF2 G19 in the pic above just this week and turned it down. I have to say, that was one very hard offer to turn down but I don't know that I'll ever find another NIB unfired gillie G19.

I also saw a G19.2 go for $800 that wasn't nearly as nice as the one pictured above.
View Quote
As much as I like the RTF2 I would have taken 1500 for it and laughed all the way to the gun store then bought 2 Gen4s and tricked them out how I like my Glocks setup.  Funny thing about the G19.2 I was coming back from a vacation in Nawlins and stopped at a gun store outside of Houston that I used to frequent when I lived up closer.  They had a G19.2 in the case for 350 pretty decent condition and I skipped it but I did a few years back pick up a G17.2 for 400 in like new condition.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As much as I like the RTF2 I would have taken 1500 for it and laughed all the way to the gun store then bought 2 Gen4s and tricked them out how I like my Glocks setup.  Funny thing about the G19.2 I was coming back from a vacation in Nawlins and stopped at a gun store outside of Houston that I used to frequent when I lived up closer.  They had a G19.2 in the case for 350 pretty decent condition and I skipped it but I did a few years back pick up a G17.2 for 400 in like new condition.
View Quote
Oh, it was a very tempting offer to turn down by any means. My first thought was and then it went to Hmmmmmm....Knights SR-25 fund? Man, I would have been all over that G19.2 for $350. I picked up mine in the pic above for $400 with its original box. Absolutely love the Gen2's.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh, it was a very tempting offer to turn down by any means. My first thought was and then it went to Hmmmmmm....Knights SR-25 fund? Man, I would have been all over that G19.2 for $350. I picked up mine in the pic above for $400 with its original box. Absolutely love the Gen2's.
View Quote
My mind I have a G19.4 and it is my daily carry.  A G19.2 I would never carry and I like the G17 more than the G19 and it would just sit in the safe never being shot or used plus I had just bought a G17.4 a week before my vacation.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
As much as I like the RTF2 I would have taken 1500 for it and laughed all the way to the gun store then bought 2 Gen4s and tricked them out how I like my Glocks setup.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was offered $1500 cash for the RTF2 G19 in the pic above just this week and turned it down. .
As much as I like the RTF2 I would have taken 1500 for it and laughed all the way to the gun store then bought 2 Gen4s and tricked them out how I like my Glocks setup.
+1,000
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:59:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Would having Glock refinish the slide on a Gen 2 do anything to its value, up or down?
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 4:28:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Used 19s of any era are pretty hard to find and for some reason Gen 2s are probably the scarcest.  i guess folks just hang on to them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I might know where you can get a G19 Gen 2 in pristine condition. PM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Gota G23 gen2 I can't give away, lol. Too many g23, gen 2 police trade ins my guess.
Link Posted: 9/29/2017 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Gota G23 gen2 I can't give away, lol. Too many g23, gen 2 police trade ins my guess.
View Quote
Pm sent
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Other than it saying "Austria" on the slide and matching serial numbers, should I look for anything else?
View Quote
Matching numbers on the frame, barrel and box.
All of the papers, manuals, loading tool, cleaning rod and brush.  
Correct magazines that were sold in the time period of the gun. Mine are ā€œUā€ shaped with correct base plates.
Date codes on the barrel hood.
Proof marks.  
No upgrades to the internals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top