Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2017 8:49:15 PM EDT
Ok guys, what's going on with Gen 5 holsters? Any confirmed fitment options out there or manufacturers that have them in the works?

I talked to those knuckleheads at G-Code and they don't have any immediate plans for G5 holsters. My next calls are going to be to Bravo, Safariland, and Blade-Tech.

Not sure if the blue guns are out yet but if I can find one, my brother makes nice kydex holsters for personal use. However, I'm going to need a X300 bearing holster too.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I am pretty sure Bravo has already announced Gen 5
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
They should fit the majority of the gen 4 holsters. The only issue that I have run into so far is the slide lock hitting the side of my Safariland non light bearing holster.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They should fit the majority of the gen 4 holsters. The only issue that I have run into so far is the slide lock hitting the side of my Safariland non light bearing holster.
View Quote
That only issue is THE issue. All the ones I've tried are no-go IMO.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Every single holster I have works with my Gen 5 19. Leather, plastic, various kydex, and ALS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Safariland 6360, Raven phantom and raven phantom light bearing all work perfectly
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:26:38 AM EDT
[#6]
JM custom kydex already has holsters for the gen 5. They're top notch and highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
JM custom kydex already has holsters for the gen 5. They're top notch and highly recommend.
View Quote
Those look really good. The OWB 2 is one piece, which I prefer. The 2 piece Bravo holsters just look a massive plastic box.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#8]
My Gen5 G19 is very tight in my comp-tac paddle holster.  I can't say why, since the slide lock is clear on both sides, but it was tight enough that it moved the slide when I tried to force it in.  After loosening the holster as much as it will allow the slide no longer moves when (forced?) holstered, but it's still very tight.

So that it doesn't affect the use of my Gen2/Gen4 19's I'm going to have to find another holster for the Gen5.

-bob
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe  on the kydex holsters that are right fitting with the slide lock rubbing ..you could sand the area down or create a small channel so it doesn't catch ? Unless it's a different area that's causing a tight fit ?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That only issue is THE issue. All the ones I've tried are no-go IMO.
View Quote
For what reason?

My trex arms raptor, galco triton, and even my Aliengear shells all work well with the Gen5.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:45:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Well as others have mentioned, it's just a bit too tight and doesn't have that positive lock up. Most 1-piece kydex and molded holsters are locking the pistol in around the trigger guard. That's where most of the retention should come from IMO.

On the G-Code and Blade-Techs that I've tried, the slide lock is coming in contact with the holster before it should.  

I'm sure there are low cut holsters out there that work fine, but I would prefer to have something purpose built for the Gen5. A holster is not something I want half assed. I'd be even more nervous if I was carrying a Sig, but still!

There is a reason Bianchi and Safariland have both announced they are working on Gen 5 specific offerings.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well as others have mentioned, it's just a bit too tight and doesn't have that positive lock up. Most 1-piece kydex and molded holsters are locking the pistol in around the trigger guard. That's where most of the retention should come from IMO.

On the G-Code and Blade-Techs that I've tried, the slide lock is coming in contact with the holster before it should.  

I'm sure there are low cut holsters out there that work fine, but I would prefer to have something purpose built for the Gen5. A holster is not something I want half assed. I'd be even more nervous if I was carrying a Sig, but still!

There is a reason Bianchi and Safariland have both announced they are working on Gen 5 specific offerings.
View Quote
I am carrying a blade tech IWB holster right now that is retaining my gen 5 19 perfectly. Same goes for my blade tech IWB light bearing holster, but that indexes off the light. Obviously my Raven Vanguard 2 works fine with it. All of my Safariland ALS holsters work with it.

As to the part I highlighted in red, this makes zero sense. My slide hits my holster before anything else--is that somehow a problem? The previous slide locks always hit the holsters before lock, too. That's a huge reason why all of mine look so terrible finish wise.

If you want to buy a "purpose build for the gen 5" holster, just say that. Don't claim that all other holsters don't work when that just isn't true.

Part in yellow: everyone is making "gen 5 specific offerings." That's how they make money. Doesn't mean their existing stuff doesn't work.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:01:36 PM EDT
[#14]
To the best of my understanding, the above link I posted is for current compatible part numbers.

As such, I expect to be able to use a Gen 5 pistol with the ALS holster I bought for my Gen 4.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#15]
And just like...someone is butthurt.

When did I saw that every other holster does not fit the Gen 5? Please, enlighten me. And I am looking for Gen 5 specific models and models that fit the Gen 5 perfectly. Most folks have offered what does and doesn't work. Everyone else got it just fine.

And sorry that you don't understand or don't want to believe that my G-Code holster does not fit my Gen 5. I even called them and they admitted that it DOES NOT work. The slide release pushes the kydex outward, which does not allow the trigger guard to have the retention that it needs. All my Gen 3 holsters are meant for the slide to make contact on the right side, without the release being there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To the best of my understanding, the above link I posted is for current compatible part numbers.

As such, I expect to be able to use a Gen 5 pistol with the ALS holster I bought for my Gen 4.
View Quote
Thanks for the link! Safariland has so many offerings. I am trying to find an ALS for 17 w/ X300U in FDE. I guess they use generic pictures that don't exactly represent the holster. I used to have one for my 19 and TLR and it was great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Not even remotely butt hurt. I am just saying that the majority of existing holsters are going to work. The holsters I am using are not low cut and retention is working as designed. I have had one kydex holster fit a bit too snug due to the ambi slide stop, but retention was not affected since it indexes on the X-300 (no-name Raven style kydex holster).
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Not even remotely butt hurt. I am just saying that the majority of existing holsters are going to work. The holsters I am using are not low cut and retention is working as designed. I have had one kydex holster fit a bit too snug due to the ambi slide stop, but retention was not affected since it indexes on the X-300 (no-name Raven style kydex holster).
View Quote
I'm assuming the light bearing X300 holsters are not going to matter much between Gen 3-5 since most seem to have the retention on the light, as your Raven does.

I'm either going with JM Customs or Safariland ALS for the light holster.

There are times where my 17 doesn't wear the X300 so still haven't decided on regular holster yet.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 1:31:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'm assuming the light bearing X300 holsters are not going to matter much between Gen 3-5 since most seem to have the retention on the light, as your Raven does.

I'm either going with JM Customs or Safariland ALS for the light holster.

There are times where my 17 doesn't wear the X300 so still haven't decided on regular holster yet.
View Quote
Safariland 7ts might also be worth looking into if retention is a requirement.

My 19.5 fit fine in my RCS Phantom, haven't tried my 7ts or ALS's yet, but I don't expect to have an issue.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I just did some checking .My17 G5 fits perfectly in a Serpa, Blade-Tech, Bravo, Safariland ALS . All are OWB .
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I ordered and received a Bravo Concealment DOS Torsion made for the Gen 5. Nice holster and cut for RMR and threaded barrel. Has the clips like the incog has. I called G-Code several times and I'm sure they are gonna make one but just dont have it ready yet. The Bravo is a nice holster if you're into that style of kydex holster. Price wasn't bad and I think it shipped to me in about a week.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:22:32 PM EDT
[#22]
My gen 5 fits in all  my three different kydex holsters that I have. You will likely to have an issue with left handed holsters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top