Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2017 6:20:00 PM EDT
I  just got one with night sights. Took it to the range and fired 100 rounds of Mag tech through her. Flawless and accurate .  I got her NIB cleaned and lubed properly according to Glock. Shot 100 rnds and broke back down for cleaning and inspection. No wear marks at all and everything good to go. Great pistol so far. I have a Gen 3 17 already. Been great . Just reporting so if anyone was one the fence about them. I give a thumbs up. Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:01:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I  just got one with night sights. Took it to the range and fired 100 rounds of Mag tech through her. Flawless and accurate .  I got her NIB cleaned and lubed properly according to Glock. Shot 100 rnds and broke back down for cleaning and inspection. No wear marks at all and everything good to go. Great pistol so far. I have a Gen 3 17 already. Been great . Just reporting so if anyone was one the fence about them. I give a thumbs up. Cheers Wardawg
View Quote

Got mine in layaway and will have it out soon...............
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My Gen 5 17 has 218rds of mixed 147gr PPU, reloads, and HST. Really impressed so far. I was worried about the outside barrel wear that was posted in another thread. Tore it down, and hardly any wear at all. Shoots low at 25yds with the plastic 6.5 sight. They're getting replaced anyway. Overall GTG!
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
just got one today and will shoot it tomorrow and report.  trigger seems much better than older ones right out of the box.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
just got one today and will shoot it tomorrow and report.  trigger seems much better than older ones right out of the box.
View Quote
The Gen5 G17 I handled in the LGS had an excellent trigger. I was tempted but putting the purchase off for now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#5]
High five! Love mine, best GLOCK I've ever laid my hands on.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:20:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I picked the g17 /5 and its been flawless put a few hundred rds so far one cleaning , no problems .
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I wasn't interested in the Gen 5s because I'm happy with my Gen 4s but I picked up a used 17 Gen 5 last week from a motivated seller for a price I couldn't pass up

He said he shot it 150 times and i've shot it 300 with no problems.

I wouldn't like the flared mag well on a 19 I was going to carry concealed but on the 17 i'm not going to carry it is fine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:02:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm still on the fence. I can't convince myself that the Gen 5 is going to do anything better than my Gen 4. The Gen 4 resolved some issues I had with the Gen 3, but I don't really have any issues with the Gen 4 so the gen 5 doesn't make much sense for me.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wasn't interested in the Gen 5s because I'm happy with my Gen 4s but I picked up a used 17 Gen 5 last week from a motivated seller for a price I couldn't pass up

He said he shot it 150 times and i've shot it 300 with no problems.

I wouldn't like the flared mag well on a 19 I was going to carry concealed but on the 17 i'm not going to carry it is fine.
View Quote
Honestly you don't even notice it. I'm carrying a Gen 5 19 tucked at work right now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Been very happy with mine so far. Only have 350ish rounds through it so not even broken in yet lol. 100 of those were 124gr Gold Dot +P. No issues. I'll feel better when I have a couple thousand rounds on it. I think if you're coming from a gen 3 it's more worth it if you're going gen 5 compared to if you're coming from a gen 4. That or you're a lefty and want the right side slide catch lol.

Agreed about the flared magwell, it's no wider than any of the low profile add on magwells out there. I can carry the G17 gen 5 appendix no problem and it doesn't print, but that really depends on body type, holster, clothing, etc
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:50:21 PM EDT
[#11]
100 round test, wow amazing.

Put 500 rounds threw my G19gen5 over two range visits (without any intention of cleaning it between), also rock solid.... but 500 is barely broken in, hopefully I can run another 500 rounds threw it this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 5:51:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Honestly you don't even notice it. I'm carrying a Gen 5 19 tucked at work right now.
View Quote
Agreed, a very minor change an not even worth of mentioning when it comes to the dimensions.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone tell me a good price for the Ameriglo model 17 or 19? I have no reference point.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 12:48:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Got mine today.

Dear G-d this pistol is perfect.

quick 150 round break in.  Refused to do anything but send rounds laser straight to the center of my bullseyes at any distance and pace.

It's too easy to fire.  coming from a gen 3 with the old recoil spring and finger grooves I found myself trying too hard to shoot and find a better grip.  Poblem is is that its too easy to shoot well. And the grip is perfect, there is no need to hunt for grip between shots.

IT is simply amazing.  amazing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:00:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me a good price for the Ameriglo model 17 or 19? I have no reference point.
View Quote
  I paid $619 for a 17  with ameriglo sights .  WD
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:45:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Does it have the accuracy barrel?  Rifling profile?  Smooth face trigger?
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 1:07:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does it have the accuracy barrel?  Rifling profile?  Smooth face trigger?
View Quote
All gen 5's do, or rather both do.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Just picked up my 17.5 today. Not really digging it to be honest. Had a feeling I wouldn't since I've never liked a G17.

The grip seems smaller without the finger grooves, not a bad thing, but it just doesn't feel right to me.

The finish was very nice and the trigger seemed great as well. Oh well, I have a buddy that wants it so it's not a total loss.

Sticking with gen 3 & 4 for now.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
  I paid $619 for a 17  with ameriglo sights .  WD
View Quote
thanks - I am only seeing $645.  Need to keep looking....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top