Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2017 3:06:35 PM EDT
I don't feel a driving need to change out my trigger and I'm not trying to start a "This $200 trigger is better than that $200 trigger"  free for all. I'm just curious what the pros & cons are of replacing a traditional curved trigger shoe with a flat one, be it for a glock, an AR or, whatever.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get trigger bars with over travel and take up adjustment that is the biggest difference.  For the most part the difference is the trigger shoe feel.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The major improvements for flat trigger are 2 fold.

1. Decreased trigger reach
2. Less affected by finger placement

I like them in all platforms, Ar, 1911's, Glock, etc....
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 8:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll also add that there is a lot of flat trigger shoes that change the angle of your trigger bar and takes almost all slack out and in doing this it defeats the drop safety, I've had several that failed and would set off a primed shell .. there are some that work as advertised and keep all safeties intact.. when I tried the ones I had bought made me shoot like crap LOL, stock works best for me ..
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll also add that there is a lot of flat trigger shoes that change the angle of your trigger bar and takes almost all slack out and in doing this it defeats the drop safety, I've had several that failed and would set off a primed shell .. there are some that work as advertised and keep all safeties intact.. when I tried the ones I had bought made me shoot like crap LOL, stock works best for me ..
View Quote
Concur.  I had a Suarez that defeated the drop safety.  I have owned a suarez, Overwatch, and the Apex IIRC.  I wasn't impressed.  Glock smooth factory trigger with mods is where it's at.  I think personally, the rest is affectation and panacea.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Guys you are forgetting the most important thing.........they look cool.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 12:45:07 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, let's wade a little deeper into this (potential) mine field.
Keeping in mind that I feel no overwhelming NEED to change my trigger set up and can't justify (for me) $150+ for an Agency Arms, Suarez, or what ever full replacement trigger assembly, does anyone sell a stand alone flat trigger shoe that is SAFE & reliable and doesn't cost a weeks worth of groceries for the family?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Keeping in mind that I feel no overwhelming NEED to change my trigger set up and can't justify (for me) $150+ for an Agency Arms, Suarez, or what ever full replacement trigger assembly, does anyone sell a stand alone flat trigger shoe that is SAFE & reliable and doesn't cost a weeks worth of groceries for the family?
View Quote
Apex sells just the shoe
Apex at Aim

Ranger Proof Edge also available this way

RP @ aim

Adding a Wolff 6lb trigger return spring is also an inexpensive improvement
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
I think they're retarded on 1911s, really retarded on a hinged trigger.  But people buy 'em, so whatever...
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have you not seen my 29 page Battle of the flat triggers thread?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Battle-of-the-Flat-Triggers--Agency-Arms-and-Suarez-Intl---Now-with-more-Deus-Ex-Machina-/13-160921/
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 6:01:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't feel a driving need to change out my trigger and I'm not trying to start a "This $200 trigger is better than that $200 trigger"  free for all. I'm just curious what the pros & cons are of replacing a traditional curved trigger shoe with a flat one, be it for a glock, an AR or, whatever.
View Quote

I try to finish my trigger pull with my finger flat against the trigger (sort of hard to explain), flat triggers make this impossible... at least the ones I've tried.

Something else to consider in the day and age of gear gimmicks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 7:57:47 AM EDT
[#12]
I have an Agency and an Innovative Gun Fighter Solutions both are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Overwatch TAC. Completely safe. Flat face makes a straight press to the rear an easy day. Its fantastic. Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:23:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1. Decreased trigger reach
2. Less affected by finger placement
View Quote
Between the Zev Pro and the OverWatch Tac, I prefer the Overwatch Tac for those 2 reasons.  It really just feels better overall.  The Overwatch is also suppose to maintain both firing pin block and drops safety.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think they're retarded on 1911s, really retarded on a hinged trigger.  But people buy 'em, so whatever...
View Quote
Because you feel that way is not an argument.  I do not have a stance for or against but for some they like them.  It is the same reason Chevrolet makes a Corvette with 650hp and Toyota makes a Prius that get whatever it gets per mile.  Just because you think it is “retarded” and can only offer that as an argument against that shows you are only a terrible debater.  I do not have them because the cost vs gain in my mind did not justify the end result.  For some the stock shoe is to long of a reach because they have smaller hands, like the feel, or have the money to spend.  This is a tech forum not GD offer a comment of value not something is retarded.  Also those who buy them do so because they can and ‘Merica!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top