Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2017 3:41:29 PM EDT
Things I noticed, anyone know of anything else?

1. There is the nDLC finish on trigger bar not on Gen5 that is stock on the M part number 33588. Gen 5 trigger bars are marked 39701. In pictures a lot of M triggers appear black vs bare metal.

VS this image of my G17.5 trigger bar and internals.

2. M models seem to have Glock OEM part number 8794 extended magazine catches stock. Some M pistols have ambi extended slide stops Glock part number unknown, which are shown in the new Gen 5 users manuals but seem not available for purchase yet for commercial pistols.

3. Gen 5 THM are the same as the M series and are marked 33667 with a 2 below the part number. Possibly revision 2?
4. The name of the version on the side of the slide.

5. Barrel hood has a 5 on it. M series say 5M.

6. M versions have option of contract (FBI) sights vs bold Ameriglo. FBI sights pic below.

Other than that I think they are identical, all other parts are the same. I confirmed that, I'm not guessing.

Pictures from new Gen 5 users manual.

On FB

Old leaked photo from early 2017 of 17M.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Things I noticed, anyone know of anything else?

1. There is a coating (nickel boron?) on trigger bar and metal internals not on Gen5 that is stock on the M.
2. M models seem to have extended magazine catches stock.
3. I believe there may be a different trigger housing mechanism. Think the coating on metal parts that are not on the commercial pistol.
4. The name of the version on the side of the slide.
5. Barrel hood says 5 not M.
6. M versions have option of contract (FBI) sights vs bold Ameriglo.

Other than that I think they are identical, all other parts are the same. I confirmed that, I'm not guessing.
View Quote

I actually just posted a similar thread. It would be disappointing if "1" and "3" are true. I don't want some watered down civilian model that hasn't gone through the FBI testing.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I actually just posted a similar thread. It would be disappointing if "1" and "3" are true. I don't want some watered down civilian model that hasn't gone through the FBI testing.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure it's true. Would be great to know what the parts numbers are from the M model. Especially interested in the extended slide stop, THM and trigger bar. I'm pretty sure the NDA is null and void since the release of the Gen 5.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I heard a true rumor in the wind that the M has nDLC coating (coating on both the M series and Gen 5 slide) on the trigger bar on the M series. This is not on the Gen 5. That's why the trigger bar on the M trigger bar looks dark grey/black. Probably to keep costs down for the commercial market/ease of manufacturing.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top