Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2017 7:28:04 PM EDT
Hello. I picked up a LEO trade in G35 today. I am wanting to get a 9mm conversion barrel. Is there any barrel that is better than another as far as quality or are they all pretty much the same quality wise?

Attachment Attached File

And a look through the barrel. Looks hardly used!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I am looking to get a StormLake barrel myself after hearing many bad things about Lone Wolf barrels. Some people have had no problem but others have had quite a few and for the price,StormLake is the way to go. I have had a couple (not conversion barrels) and they have been spot on. There may be other manufacturers out there with good barrels but I wouldn't chance a Lone Wolf after reading about reviews here on the forum. Tolerances and c.s. are iffy at best.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:10:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Easy, you want KKM

KKM 35/9 barrel
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Easy, you want KKM

KKM 35/9 barrel
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am looking to get a StormLake barrel myself after hearing many bad things about Lone Wolf barrels. Some people have had no problem but others have had quite a few and for the price,StormLake is the way to go. I have had a couple (not conversion barrels) and they have been spot on. There may be other manufacturers out there with good barrels but I wouldn't chance a Lone Wolf after reading about reviews here on the forum. Tolerances and c.s. are iffy at best.
View Quote
The LWD barrels in my experience are fine for the guy who buys boxed ammo at the store.  It becomes a problem if you are a reloader and you end up with a LWD barrel with a tight chamber you will have to send it into LWD to have the chamber reamed.  When I used to shoot my G23/32/27 I would sometimes swap over to a 9 conversion barrel from LWD and only experienced issues relating to the ejector so I had a 9mm ejector housing I would swap in if I shot 9.  I have since bought G17/19/34 pistols so the conversion barrel is in a parts bin and rarely gets shot anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The LWD barrels in my experience are fine for the guy who buys boxed ammo at the store.  It becomes a problem if you are a reloader and you end up with a LWD barrel with a tight chamber you will have to send it into LWD to have the chamber reamed.  When I used to shoot my G23/32/27 I would sometimes swap over to a 9 conversion barrel from LWD and only experienced issues relating to the ejector so I had a 9mm ejector housing I would swap in if I shot 9.  I have since bought G17/19/34 pistols so the conversion barrel is in a parts bin and rarely gets shot anymore.
View Quote
Yep. I sold my LW barrel for this very reason.  The chambers are short.

The KKM is much less choosy.

**OP, where'd you get that trade-in?  I'm in the market.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Local gun store. Larry's Pistol and Pawn. They have a bunch of LEO trade-ins. All in .40. I didn't even pay attention to it being a gen 4. I just got it because it was a good price. They still had several more G35's for 449 and 459. The G22's were 339.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:05:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy, you want KKM

KKM 35/9 barrel
This.
That
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Local gun store. Larry's Pistol and Pawn. They have a bunch of LEO trade-ins. All in .40. I didn't even pay attention to it being a gen 4. I just got it because it was a good price. They still had several more G35's for 449 and 459. The G22's were 339.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are everywhere I see the G35/22/23/27 LEO trade ins pop up everywhere.  My local LGS yesterday when I went browsing had two G35s sitting in the used case and a multitude of other 40 cal Glocks.  The owner I know pretty well we were shooting the shit and he said he has so many 40 cal Glocks he is not even accepting them on trade in any longer and he had 6 G27s sitting in the case marked super cheap and still cannot move them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They are everywhere I see the G35/22/23/27 LEO trade ins pop up everywhere.  My local LGS yesterday when I went browsing had two G35s sitting in the used case and a multitude of other 40 cal Glocks.  The owner I know pretty well we were shooting the shit and he said he has so many 40 cal Glocks he is not even accepting them on trade in any longer and he had 6 G27s sitting in the case marked super cheap and still cannot move them.
View Quote
How cheap is cheap?
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

How cheap is cheap?
View Quote
If it is like wherei got mine, G22's were 330. I paid 459 for my G35. New they were selling the G35 fit 774.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it is like wherei got mine, G22's were 330. I paid 459 for my G35. New they were selling the G35 fit 774.
View Quote
$130 for .8".

I need to pick up a 22 or 35 for a back up gun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

$130 for .8".

I need to pick up a 22 or 35 for a back up gun.
View Quote
Say what?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 9:11:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Say what?
View Quote
Cost of a 35 over a 22.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top