Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2017 10:05:58 PM EDT
... if I know an M is eventually coming.

My next pistol will have an RMR on it.

As it is I prefer the 43 for my hand size.

The 19MOS would be perfect and save me at least 100$, but I'm gonna go 43 with a DD mount instead.

BUT this is kinda predicated on ETS mags being gtg.  Which I hear they are not.

I had a 43 for a mo the or so, had to sell and ran tt+2's fine, but was so pumped when I heard about ETS.  User reviews are... Ugh.  "After break in" is no excuse.  Break then in at the factory.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
So is this about 19's, MOS models, 19M's, 43's, ETS mags, customer service, or all of the above?
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Do what i'm doing just wait.

When the 19M or 5 MOS is released all the kinks should be worked out by then.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So is this about 19's, MOS models, 19M's, 43's, ETS mags, customer service, or all of the above?
View Quote
All of the above..

Been waiting to be able to afford a Glock again.   The summer sucked.

I released a stream of consciousness on y'all sorry!

Here's more.

If I go with a g43 and tt+2 mags and a DD rmr mount, I give up what vs a MOS19.

I figure about 100$ list and 20$ per mag and the capability to ever carry more than 9+1.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't realize that goes +3 now.

Expensive but trustworthy and reliable out of the box.

If my wife and I both go g43 we are looking at at least four non-flat mags tho.  More likely six.

So now we are talking 24+33 per mag.

Ugh.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
If you want reliable, stick with the 6 round mags.  

The 43 is a tiny concealed carry pistol, why an RMR on it?  

Yes, ETS mags are junk.  Every ETS thread on the internet is a dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Didn't realize that goes +3 now.

Expensive but trustworthy and reliable out of the box.

If my wife and I both go g43 we are looking at at least four non-flat mags tho.  More likely six.

So now we are talking 24+33 per mag.

Ugh.
View Quote
The Vickers +2 extensions with the spring work flawlessly and they are seamless with the gun. I also own a ETS+9 but I have not shot it yet. Oh and I own the pierce +1 that worked great but I prefer the Vickers I now own two vickers and for carry thats all ill get until I find something better. The TT mag extensions I am sure are fine but they got to be heavier being made of metal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:34:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I had the tt+2 and went through at least thirty mag dumps in two months.  Zero issues.  I'll try the Vickers too though.   I've never had a bad product with his name on it.

Why the extensions and dots? I intend to get these as our CCW and home guns.   We can't afford a whole arsenal.  And at 10+1 I'll sleep well at night.  

I hail originally from NY.  Grew up on ten round mags :-)
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:49:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... if I know an M is eventually coming.
View Quote
The M has been less than reliable so far.  And it is still going to need a TG undercut so frame will be modded anyhow.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:34:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The M has been less than reliable so far.  And it is still going to need a TG undercut so frame will be modded anyhow.
View Quote
Maybe for you, never saw the need for that personally.  I've tried pistols with an undercut and it makes absolutely no difference to me.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#10]
You must not shoot a lot of rounds in one range session then ^^^.  That's the only conceivable way I could see it being a non-issue.  Glock knuckle is real.  Especially on the mid-size guns
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You must not shoot a lot of rounds in one range session then ^^^.  That's the only conceivable way I could see it being a non-issue.  Glock knuckle is real.  Especially on the mid-size guns
View Quote
Or maybe he just has different sized/shaped hands and doesn't have a problem....just like he stated?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got 3 of the ETS 7 round mags that work perfectly.
All of my Glock mags have Pearce +1 bottoms and they run great as well.

I don't get Glock knuckle and my Gen 3 G19 has no finger grooves.
Took me about an hour.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't get Glock knuckle and my Gen 3 G19 has no finger grooves.
View Quote
You don't get Glock knuckle because you have no finger grooves
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:04:03 AM EDT
[#14]
My vickers +2's have been flawless for over 1k rounds.

All 5 of my mags but 1 have them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 19 MOS with RMR on it... the RMR06 is slightly wider than the 19 slide.
I have a 43 that I want an RMR on it.  I looked at the DD and it would have been hanging off either side by a good bit.  I'm considering a Shield RMS now for the 43 as it's footprint is a bit smaller and it can be milled onto the 43.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Do you even dremel, bro? None of my Gen 4's have finger grooves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top