Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2017 2:25:07 PM EDT
I have a Gen 3 Glock 19 with close to 20000 rds through it. I recently emailed Apex and had my Failure Resistant Extractor replaced after it started to constantly FTE or barely dribble the casings out. Even with the new FRE and fairly new springs (I replaced all my springs around 15000rds) its still FTE'ing (no stovepipes, just the case gets stuck horizontally before it can fly out the ejection port) with all the different types of ammo I put through it from underpowered Armscor 115gr to Winchester 124gr NATO. Brown bear has noticeably more recoil than the Armscor but will still FTE as well.

And what is up with the erratic ejection pattern? I notice most of the time the gun will eject the casing in a proper consistent manner but sometimes it will fly out to the left, over my head or even forward. I've noticed this with many other Glocks with stock extractors.

I have the Apex FRE for Gen 3 Glocks and Apex Action Enhancement Trigger Kit installed. Besides that, all the other springs as I mentioned earlier are OEM.

Any advice is appreciated

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
When was the last time the recoil spring was replaced?
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:36:18 PM EDT
[#2]
At 15000rds along with all other springs as mentioned
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Check locking block. Replace ejector.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Either replace the 336 extractor for a new one or get the gen 4 extractor. Only way is to buy the whole gen 4 9mm trigger housing assembly. Then pull out the gen 4 extractor and install it in the gen 3.

Your gen 3 extractor could be worn down after 20,000 rounds.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Either replace the 336 extractor for a new one or get the gen 4 extractor. Only way is to buy the whole gen 4 9mm trigger housing assembly. Then pull out the gen 4 extractor and install it in the gen 3.

View Quote
*ejector*
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Is there a lifespan to these 2 parts? I do see "flaking" and what looks like rust on my locking block.

Quoted:

I replaced the ejector with the 30724 one at the same time I replaced the original extractor with the Apex one. This Glock worked great until the OEM extractor started to fail around 12000 rds
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn your right. I knew what I was talking about anyway. LOL.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:20:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Couple quick things to check...

Did you replace the extractor spring with a new Apex spring?
Did you install the extractor/spring correctly?  Metal to metal, plastic to plastic?
Are you using the spring load bearing that Apex recommends?
Any visible burrs or chips in the extractor claw or channel?
Can an empty case slide under the extractor and be held in place by spring tension?
You're using the correct gen Apex extractor... right?
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Threw in an aftermarket gimmic it doesnt work. Simple solution have glock put parts in it free.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:53:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you replace the extractor spring with a new Apex spring? Yes
Did you install the extractor/spring correctly?  Metal to metal, plastic to plastic? Yes
Are you using the spring load bearing that Apex recommends? Yes
Any visible burrs or chips in the extractor claw or channel? No, again I got a replacement extractor from Apex (got it a month ago)
Can an empty case slide under the extractor and be held in place by spring tension? Yes
You're using the correct gen Apex extractor... right?Yes Gen 3 Glock so Gen 3 Apex FRE
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you replace the extractor spring with a new Apex spring? Yes
Did you install the extractor/spring correctly?  Metal to metal, plastic to plastic? Yes
Are you using the spring load bearing that Apex recommends? Yes
Any visible burrs or chips in the extractor claw or channel? No, again I got a replacement extractor from Apex (got it a month ago)
Can an empty case slide under the extractor and be held in place by spring tension? Yes
You're using the correct gen Apex extractor... right?Yes Gen 3 Glock so Gen 3 Apex FRE
After talking to the armorers at work they told me my ejector was worn down. They reshaped it for me and after about 150 rounds looks like problem solved!

Quoted:
Threw in an aftermarket gimmic it doesnt work. Simple solution have glock put parts in it free.
Nothing gimmicky about the Apex FRE, it works much better and lasts longer than Glock OEM extractors. It was my ejector that was the issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top