Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Just measured my factory 19.5 and 17.5 sights.

For the 17- .162 front, .164 rear

For the 19- .193 front, .180 rear

That muddies the waters just a touch.  Assuming these sights are on there intentionally, it looks like my 17 will require identical height front/rear sights, and my 19 will require basically the exact combo that the FBI sights are, with the front being roughly .01 taller than the rear.

Of course who knows what I'll see at the range, but I'd say pretty solid confirmation that the .215 front with .250 rear sight combo needs to get put down by sight makers.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:49:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just measured my factory 19.5 and 17.5 sights.

For the 17- .162 front, .164 rear

For the 19- .193 front, .180 rear

That muddies the waters just a touch.  Assuming these sights are on there intentionally, it looks like my 17 will require identical height front/rear sights, and my 19 will require basically the exact combo that the FBI sights are, with the front being roughly .01 taller than the rear.

Of course who knows what I'll see at the range, but I'd say pretty solid confirmation that the .215 front with .250 rear sight combo needs to get put down by sight makers.
View Quote
Put TFX PRO on my 17-5, shot 3" high at 10yd, 6" high at 20yds (but tight groups)

Put Wilson/ Vickers (same height I think .245? if I remember) shot POA/POI
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mine arrived and I installed them and oh boy... I am very pleased. I would like an second G19 set up the same way.

I would like to see these sights on a my HK USPc and Walther PPS too. The Trijicon HD's have been perfected by Ameriglo.
View Quote
Glad you like them. I totally agree. I have two FBI sets now and I love them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish they would hurry up and ship mine.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than the price how are these better than the Trijicon HDs?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finally, I should have mine tomorrow.
Ordered on the 31st.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 12:56:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Other than the price how are these better than the Trijicon HDs?
View Quote
If you read through pages 1-3, I compare them.

They offer the same features, but I feel that Ameriglo did a better job and at a good price. What you pay for the HD/HD XRs, i expect much better. I feel that the material and finish is better on the Ameriglos. Trijicon HDs seem like a softer steel (brass punches will damage them). Trijicon HDs are sharp as fuck. The Ameriglos have their edges smoothed out. The front sight on the Ameriglo covers up the hole, while HD XRs have a space on each side for Shit to fill the gap (not that big of a deal, but still a pet peeve).
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone know when Glock is going to start selling the Bold sights separate?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
How's the shipping been with Ameriglo FBI sights? I was told mine would ship last Thursday and still no charge or confirmation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 11:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How's the shipping been with Ameriglo FBI sights? I was told mine would ship last Thursday and still no charge or confirmation.
View Quote
As I said a few posts up, I ordered my "government contract (FBI)" sights on the 31st and they are arriving tomorrow.
Must be a super secret process in sneaking them out the door or something.
Hell, didn't get the UPS tracking info until today.
They processed and shipped out on the 7th.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:45:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I got both sets within a week of ordering. Maybe I got lucky.

Make sure to let them know if you're LEO/Mil for a discount when ordering.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 12:47:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone know when Glock is going to start selling the Bold sights separate?
View Quote
Not sure. I was going to call. I've had the worst luck trying to reach people when I call Glock. I got a set coming in pulled off of a Gen 5.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Can someone with these sights do a YouTube video on them. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
The Agency sights are better for me. I like em
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#15]
My contract sights showed up today. But I just can't get the rear sight in. I've installed Dawson and Trijicon before but these mothers are tight. I've have filed and Dremeled / polished. Don't want to bang on them too hard. Taking to someone with a sight press tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My contract sights showed up today. But I just can't get the rear sight in. I've installed Dawson and Trijicon before but these mothers are tight. I've have filed and Dremeled / polished. Don't want to bang on them too hard. Taking to someone with a sight press tomorrow.
View Quote
I used a MGW Sight pusher. Worked great!
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, old blue has done many rear sights since I've owned it.
Previous owner used it once and I scored it for $50.

Got mine today and installed.
My Glock OEM Meprolight front was loose. Didn't notice this till I cleaned it yesterday after shooting it Labor Day weekend.

ETA: Miniscule, and I me hard to see amount of red Loctite on the bottom of the sight.
       none as far as I could see on the screw.

I do really like that lower profile in comparison to the Trijicon HD's on my Gen4 17.

Also, kinda freaked when I read the packaging and it said 'Bold' on it.
Had the correct model number, but that 'Bold' had me opening that plastic clam faster than a starved fat kid opening a Tootsie Roll.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Make sure they are installed right to left in the dovetail. I used a plastic gunsmith hammer to install both of my FBI rear sights (I usually use brass punches). They didn't need any fitting either.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#19]
in case ya'll missed it - posted a review of both...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Review-Ameriglo-BOLD-and-FBI-Glock-Sights/23-178278/
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks like they are shipping a commercial version of the sights. The numbers on the .Gov sights are different.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Looks like they are shipping a commercial version of the sights. The numbers on the .Gov sights are different.
View Quote
Pretty much this.

Here are the markings on mine I received yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Just what mine look like. They don't have the USA markings on them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Probably made in China

ETA:
The 'W00' marking is code for "Sourced from China."
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Just a heads up if anyone has trouble making their front sight perfectly straight here is a tip. Use a small adjustible wrench. Open it to the width of the front sight and place the front sight in the jaws. The handle should run parallel and forward of the front of the slide. You can carefully make small adjustments to alight it. Preferable to do this when the lock tight isn't dry. Should not even scratch them as long as your adjustable wrench is smooth on the inside. If not you can use some other material between the wrench and the front sight.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:35:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Do the Ameriglo FBI also have square a square notch? All the pictures of it I saw before had the u notch but now I've seen pics posted of Gen 5 Glocks with the FBI sights and they appeared to have square nor'easter sight notches...
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Do the Ameriglo FBI also have square a square notch? All the pictures of it I saw before had the u notch but now I've seen pics posted of Gen 5 Glocks with the FBI sights and they appeared to have square nor'easter sight notches...
View Quote
See OP's first post with links.

FBI also known as Government Contract sights are 'U' channel.

BOLD's are square.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Factory Amerglo Bold sight are an option as OEM Glock sights. They have a square notch in the rears. They are an option pre installed from the factory. Agency sights have a U notch and are not OEM and must be purchased separately from Ameriglo and installed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Factory Amerglo Bold sight are an option as OEM Glock sights. They have a square notch in the rears. They are an option pre installed from the factory. Agency sights have a U notch and are not OEM and must be purchased separately from Ameriglo and installed.
View Quote
Okay, I get it now.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 7:53:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Where are you guys buying the Ameriglo FBI sights from?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Call Ameriglo @ (470) 223-4163.

Can only order over the phone and they are calling them the 'Government Contract' sights now.
If you ask for the FBI sights, they'll know what you are talking about if not, ask for "Myles," he'll help you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 9:48:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Can only order over the phone and they are calling them the 'Government Contract' sights now.
If you ask for the FBI sights, they'll know what you are talking about if not, ask for "Myles," he'll help you.
View Quote
Thanks!  BTW, how much did they cost?
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Believe it was $90 plus shipping.
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Anybody appendix carrying a G19 with the FBI sights? If so, how do they feel? Trijicon sights were brutally sharp.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Also curious how they will feel for appendix carry but will know soon enough. I just ordered a second set for a 17.5 and was curious if anybody here have several sets and if the 17 and 19 FBI sights are the same, I.e. same height/ product number?
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 5:46:13 PM EDT
[#35]
FYI I just called Ameriglo to order a pair.  They are now selling them through their ebay store instead of doing over the phone.  Just go to ebay and search ameriglo thin fed and it will get you there.  $105 shipped.

He also confirmed that the gen 5 blue label guns with ameriglos will have the square notch rears and if you want the u notch rear you need to go through the ebay store.  Think someone above already confirmed that but I wanted to hear it from them before pulling off a blue label wait list.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I've been planning on taking and posting side by side pics of the FBI and Bold sights. I'll probably do it tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Okay, so it appears that the contract sights are available with either .125 (FBI requirement) or .140 front sight thicknesses. If you look up Ameriglo Fed sights on eBay, they have both listed. GL-846 are the .140 thickness sights. This settles some of the confusion.

.125 FBI Sights

.140 FBI Sights
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Okay, so it appears that the contract sights are available with either .125 (FBI requirement) or .140 front sight thicknesses. If you look up Ameriglo Fed sights on eBay, they have both listed. GL-846 are the .140 thickness sights. This settles some of the confusion.

.125 FBI Sights

.140 FBI Sights
View Quote
Which are standard issue with the FEDS?
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anybody appendix carrying a G19 with the FBI sights? If so, how do they feel? Trijicon sights were brutally sharp.
View Quote
Also curious about this.  This is the main reason I am considering switching.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd like to know how the fit is on the rear sight . Good and tight but without a lot of filing ?
I hate rear sights that don't have a set screw .
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Which are standard issue with the FEDS?
View Quote

It was the FBI's requirement to have a .125 front sight.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Are the yellow front sights out yet or just the orange?  Their eBay listings are all orange ones.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Got the sights installed, love them! Way more comfortable than Trijicon HDs for appendix carry. I would say I can tell that they are there but they don’t hurt. Good sight picture, I dig them!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:16:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Got the sights installed, love them! Way more comfortable than Trijicon HDs for appendix carry. I would say I can tell that they are there but they don’t hurt. Good sight picture, I dig them!
View Quote
Mine have been really comfortable, however, I carry 3-4 o'clock. Nothing appendix carried is comfortable for me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Are the yellow front sights out yet or just the orange?  Their eBay listings are all orange ones.
View Quote
I was told no, but there's a member here who got yellow. Not sure if it was .140 or .125 thickness on his.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Here's a comparison between the FBI rear and Bold rear sights.

Click here
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I was told no, but there's a member here who got yellow. Not sure if it was .140 or .125 thickness on his.
View Quote
The "yellow" are now on the ebay store.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The "yellow" are now on the ebay store.
View Quote
Well, they're technically "lime-green." Lol
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Well, they're technically "lime-green." Lol
View Quote
Hey everyone keeps trying to get my BOLDs lol. But they are all gone! FBI contracts sights only for me. Lol. I keep getting IMs.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Here's a comparison between the FBI rear and Bold rear sights.

Click here
View Quote
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top