Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:20:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went with the FBI ones. My triji HDs are orange and have a U rear and I like that. Thought I should be consistent too.
The real question is do I get a new G19 for these or replace the triji ones on my goto g19... Oh and I want these on my HK USPc too!
View Quote
I planned on putting the FBI sights on a new G17 (I want one in battlefield green), but ended up putting them on my G19 instead since I really like them. I was running Trijicon HD XRs on the 19. Now I need to order another set of Ameriglos. Doesn't hurt to have another Glock, dude.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:49:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I really like the thinner yellow front with square rear notch. Are those the bolds?
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd like it better if they squared off the paint on the front sight.  Like they do on the CAP sights.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462085/p_100010622_3-279515.JPG
View Quote
these are by far my favorite Glock sights- they go on every one I get
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I really like the thinner yellow front with square rear notch. Are those the bolds?
View Quote
Yes. Like the FBI sights, you can get the Bolds with an orange or yellow front sight.

FBI sights are U-notch.

Bolds are square notch.

Both styles have serrated rear sights.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know the heights of the front and rear?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Question for you guys that just installed the FBI sights on a Glock . Since the rear doesn't have a set screw how tight does the rear sight fit ?
I hate it when rear sights get a little loose and there's no set screw .
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:51:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Question for you guys that just installed the FBI sights on a Glock . Since the rear doesn't have a set screw how tight does the rear sight fit ?
I hate it when rear sights get a little loose and there's no set screw .
View Quote
I have a set on my 19 that's snug hasnt budged.
I had a set on my 26 that was also snug and didnt budge.
I took the set off my 26 and put them on a new 17 i picked up and after a few hundred rounds they walked left, I recentered , used green loctice and they haven't walked after another 300 rounds or so.
I went ahead and dropped some loctite on my 19 and 26(now with spartans) just to be sure. If you plan on using the rear sight to chamber a round I would recommend red loctite.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:39:32 AM EDT
[#8]
All the Ameriglos I've owned, including the FBI sights, are snug.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#9]
look just like ameriglo operators. nothing new or fancy
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
look just like ameriglo operators. nothing new or fancy
View Quote
When did Ameriglo Operators come with a thinner (.125) pro glo front sight and a serrated U-notch?

Looky here.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn, you almost have me convinced to get a set for my new Gen 5 17!
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:55:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Damn, you almost have me convinced to get a set for my new Gen 5 17!
View Quote
Which sights did yours come with?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Which sights did yours come with?
View Quote
Just the standard sights. But, I have noticed they are a little different from the standard sights I'm used to. Taller overall and rear has a different profile and marking. But still the plastic sights.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just the standard sights. But, I have noticed they are a little different from the standard sights I'm used to. Taller overall and rear has a different profile and marking. But still the plastic sights.
View Quote
Interesting. Thanks for the info. You won't be disappointed if you go with the FBI sights.
Link Posted: 8/28/2017 4:17:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I just ordered another set of FBI sights today. I was told that you can no longer order the Bold sights from them. Eventually you'll be able to get them from Glock. I was also told that the green front sight isn't available yet.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Maybe this is why they won't answer any of my emails about these sights. 
View Quote
The Bolds? Glock bought the rights to them from what I've read. I'd still like a set to try. I'm glad they are going away from Meprolights.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Are these available with green tritium front lamp and yellow lamp rears? I have this option from Ameriglo with the blazed orange front, but like the rear geometry of these contract sights better.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are these available with green tritium front lamp and yellow lamp rears? I have this option from Ameriglo with the blazed orange front, but like the rear geometry of these contract sights better.
View Quote
I don't believe so. You might call and ask if they will.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Ordered a set today. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 8:47:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Got mine already factory installed on my two new blue labels 17.5 and 19.5 for $476 each.

Link Posted: 8/29/2017 11:54:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Allow me to quote.....myself.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:35:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll email Ameriglo and I'll let you know.

ETA: I have another set of FBIs coming in the mail. I'll just measure them with my caliper and I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 2:45:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ordered a set today. Thanks for the info.
View Quote
No problem! I hope you enjoy them. I like them enough that I bought two sets and ditched my Trijicon HD XRs. All I have left are the HDs on my Shield, but the HDs for M&Ps are made better than the HDs for Glocks, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#26]
What's the difference between the FBI and the Bold ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll email Ameriglo and I'll let you know.

ETA: I have another set of FBIs coming in the mail. I'll just measure them with my caliper and I'll let you know.
View Quote
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What's the difference between the FBI and the Bold ?
View Quote
They both have the same features, except the FBI has a u-notch rear sight and the Bold has a square notch rear sight.

They both are 3 dot sights. Both front sights are .125 thick with an orange (or soon to be released lime green) ring. Rear sights are serrated on both. The dots are blacked out (no white rings around the tritium) on the rear sights. They both have a ledge to rack the slide.

If you scroll through this thread, there are pics of both.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

They both have the same features, except the FBI has a u-notch rear sight and the Bold has a square notch rear sight.

They both are 3 dot sights. Both front sights are .125 thick with an orange (or soon to be released lime green) ring. Rear sights are serrated on both. The dots are blacked out (no white rings around the tritium) on the rear sights. They both have a ledge to rack the slide.

If you scroll through this thread, there are pics of both.
View Quote
So if you wanted the FBI sights and you have the bold could you just buy the different rears?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:20:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So if you wanted the FBI sights and you have the bold could you just buy the different rears?
View Quote
I've got another set of FBIs coming in today. I believe they are the same height. I'll measure them and post what I get. I don't have Bolds, so I can't measure them. I was going to call Glock and see if they are available for sale yet. I'm guessing they are all going on their Gen 5s first before they start selling the sights individually.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:56:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I went ahead and ordered two sets of contract sights. Going to sell my bold sights (came stock on my Gen 5 pistols) in the EE  on my 17.5 and 19.5 once I get them swapped. Thanks for the info! Was very informative.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#32]
My Gen5 17 came with Glock OEM night sights and not the FBI style.
It was $30 more than a standard sight Gen5 19 ($559) he had.
He only received the two yesterday, so I fo'd on the 17 as that's what I wanted.
It is a 'red label' commercial piece, so I don't know if there are two different offerings when dealers are ordering commercial guns with night sights.
Or are the 'FBI' sights only available on 'blue label' guns?
I may have missed that if it was covered earlier.

Should have my 'FBI' sights next week.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:59:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My Gen5 17 came with Glock OEM night sights and not the FBI style.
It was $30 more than a standard sight Gen5 19 ($559) he had.
He only received the two yesterday, so I fo'd on the 17 as that's what I wanted.
It is a 'red label' commercial piece, so I don't know if there are two different offerings when dealers are ordering commercial guns with night sights.
Or are the 'FBI' sights only available on 'blue label' guns?
I may have missed that if it was covered earlier.

Should have my 'FBI' sights next week.
View Quote
I have a feeling the contract sights only come stock on FBI issued M pistols not Gen 5 LE pistols.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Edit: Nevermind canceled my oder.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have a feeling the contract sights only come stock on FBI issued M pistols not Gen 5 LE pistols.
View Quote
That is correct. Gen 5s come with either Ameriglo Bolds or the old Meprolights Glock has had forever. Not a fan of the meprolights.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I got my 2nd set of FBI sights. This time the invoice said "Govt Agency Sights" instead of FBI Sights.

@ Marksman14

Front sight: .200

Rear sight: .190 (at the very rear) .265 from the bottom of the dovetail

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I went ahead and ordered two sets of contract sights. Going to sell my bold sights (came stock on my Gen 5 pistols) in the EE  on my 17.5 and 19.5 once I get them swapped. Thanks for the info! Was very informative.
View Quote
I sent you a PM bro.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got my 2nd set of FBI sights. This time the invoice said "Govt Agency Sights" instead of FBI Sights.

@ Marksman14

Front sight: .200

Rear sight: .190 (at the very rear) .265 from the bottom of the dovetail

Hope this helps.
View Quote
It helps a ton.  Interesting that Glock finally made the fronts taller than the rear.  

.215/250 is common on gen 3 guns.  .245/250 is what I needed on gen 4 guns.  

Guess I may need to go even taller on the fronts for gen 5 with a 250 rear.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:03:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It helps a ton.  Interesting that Glock finally made the fronts taller than the rear.  

.215/250 is common on gen 3 guns.  .245/250 is what I needed on gen 4 guns.  

Guess I may need to go even taller on the fronts for gen 5 with a 250 rear.
View Quote
I measured from the front of the sight. Was I supposed to measure from the oval part that enters the slide?
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#40]
I called Ameriglo today to try to buy the FBI sights and they told me they are not avail for purchase from them and will be avail Only from Glock directly
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:57:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I called Ameriglo today to try to buy the FBI sights and they told me they are not avail for purchase from them and will be avail Only from Glock directly
View Quote
I literally just ordered some. The Bold sights are the sights that you have to buy from Glock.

I don't have the model number on me since I'm at work, but I'll post them tomorrow.

Call (470) 223-4163 ext 110. Ask to speak to Myles. He's sold me both sets of "Govt Agency" sights.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:53:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I measured from the front of the sight. Was I supposed to measure from the oval part that enters the slide?
View Quote
Nope.  Only wanted the height of the front and rear blades, I.E. the parts that stick up over the slide.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:06:31 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nope.  Only wanted the height of the front and rear blades, I.E. the parts that stick up over the slide.
View Quote
That's what I thought since it made the most sense. Wasn't sure if they used the height from the dovetail, so I included that.

I know Ameriglo makes different heights of the FBI and Bold sights for different calibers. These are 9mm/.40 height. You might call and ask what the height is for .45/10mm Glocks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:35:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That is correct. Gen 5s come with either Ameriglo Bolds or the old Meprolights Glock has had forever. Not a fan of the meprolights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was never a fan of the GLOCK branded Meprolights.

The sighting surface of the rear sight was angled and glossy; seemed to catch glare at any angle in AZ sunlight.

The OEM nights sights on the 17Gen5 we have, while still made by Mepro, are distinctly different that the old OEM Mepro's.

The rear sighting surface is vertical and the overall design of the sight set is more contemporary, wider notch.

They should serve any one who likes three dots sights well.

I am waiting on a BOLD sighted 19Gen5, which are supposed to arrive today.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:57:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That's what I thought since it made the most sense. Wasn't sure if they used the height from the dovetail, so I included that.

I know Ameriglo makes different heights of the FBI and Bold sights for different calibers. These are 9mm/.40 height. You might call and ask what the height is for .45/10mm Glocks.
View Quote
To be honest, it makes perfect sense as is.   Even my gen 4s would run fine with the 200/190 combo.  

With a 245/250 they still shoot a touch high with certain ammo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I was never a fan of the GLOCK branded Meprolights.

The sighting surface of the rear sight was angled and glossy; seemed to catch glare at any angle in AZ sunlight.

The OEM nights sights on the 17Gen5 we have, while still made by Mepro, are distinctly different that the old OEM Mepro's.

The rear sighting surface is vertical and the overall design of the sight set is more contemporary, wider notch.

They should serve any one who likes three dots sights well.

I am waiting on a BOLD sighted 19Gen5, which are supposed to arrive today.
View Quote
That's good to know!
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Ameriglo officially designated the FBI sights as GL-846 if you want the actual model number.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Mine arrived and I installed them and oh boy... I am very pleased. I would like an second G19 set up the same way.

I would like to see these sights on a my HK USPc and Walther PPS too. The Trijicon HD's have been perfected by Ameriglo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Mine arrived and I installed them and oh boy... I am very pleased. I would like an second G19 set up the same way.

I would like to see these sights on a my HK USPc and Walther PPS too. The Trijicon HD's have been perfected by Ameriglo.
View Quote
When did you order? I'm still waiting.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
When did you order? I'm still waiting.
View Quote
I ordered on the 23rd and they arrived Tuesday. Did the install last night. Haven't hit the range yet though.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top