Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Okay, well I decided to put these on my Glock 19. I'll be installing them in the morning. I have a feeling that a set of Trijicon HD XRs will be going for sale here soon.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd suggest waiting as there will be a green front available soon....
View Quote
The chartreuse pro glo?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 10:12:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I got them installed on my Glock 19 and I'm really liking these. Like all the other Ameriglo Glock sights I've owned, these did not need to be fitted at all. My pictures do not do these sights any justice. They are lower profile than the Trijicon HD/HD XRs and they are not sharp at all.

FBI sights installed
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I got them installed on my Glock 19 and I'm really liking these. Like all the other Ameriglo Glock sights I've owned, these did not need to be fitted at all. My pictures do not do these sights any justice. They are lower profile than the Trijicon HD/HD XRs and they are not sharp at all.

FBI sights installed
View Quote
They look good! Maybe just a hair right of center though.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I currently have a 10-8 fiber optic front sight post (.125 wide) and a Sevingy rear sight (.150 wide notch) on my G19. I like the set-up, but the the orange dot on the Ameriglo front sight may be a tad bit easier to pick up under speed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:14:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for posting those up. I have been looking at getting some sights but my weird vision is making it hard to choose. The bright orange on these look like they would work decent for me to.see.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They look good! Maybe just a hair right of center though.
View Quote
Thanks. It's about where I need it. I still need to shoot it and check my POI first before i make any adjustments. If I do, the rear sight will probably go right a little more.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for posting those up. I have been looking at getting some sights but my weird vision is making it hard to choose. The bright orange on these look like they would work decent for me to.see.
View Quote
I think the orange front sight has won me over. They are like construction worker safety orange. I like the Ameriglo lime green pro glos and the yellow Trijicon HDs, but I like the FBI sights the best.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think the orange front sight has won me over. They are like construction worker safety orange. I like the Ameriglo lime green pro glos and the yellow Trujicon HDs, but I like the FBI sights the best.
View Quote
Will the FBI sights come in green, too?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Will the FBI sights come in green, too?
View Quote
They're supposed to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 8:45:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I may have to try a set. I have a new Glock coming
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Here is a pic of my set-up, albeit the fiber optic is a lot brighter in sunlight.

Attachment Attached File

And here is the OP's set-up for a comparison.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 4:48:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here is a pic of my set-up, albeit the fiber optic is a lot brighter in sunlight.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/IMG_1664-276381.JPG

And here is the OP's set-up for a comparison.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/22392/IMG_1665-276383.JPG
View Quote
Thanks. Like I posted earlier, pics don't do it justice. I'll have to take some outdoor pics at the range.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 6:32:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they make them for the 43 I'll have a set. 
View Quote
I'm sure they will.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 8:04:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for the heads up on these sights. Called and ordered. $99 plus $10 shipping to Alaska.

Cant wait to try them out.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 12:58:53 AM EDT
[#17]
NP. I'm hooked and I'll be getting another set.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
They are more like Trijicon HD XRs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These seem similar to the Vickers sights by Wilson.
They are more like Trijicon HD XRs.
Not familiar with the trijicon XR's

Have looked  before at the Wilson's, and wondered if the U notch would be pretty cool or not. Thanks for posting pics, and being such a great help.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#19]
What's the deal with the tab on the slide cover plate?

Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's the deal with the tab on the slide cover plate?
View Quote
I believe it's a momentary safety. You push it in while you are holstering your Glock and it works as a safety in case something gets caught between the trigger. Not really needed, IMO.

ETA: Been LE & Mil for 8 years. I've cleared leather God knows how many times. I guess I could see an issue if you wear baggy clothing, perhaps.

It's called a Striker Control Device. https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not familiar with the trijicon XR's

Have looked  before at the Wilson's, and wondered if the U notch would be pretty cool or not. Thanks for posting pics, and being such a great help.
View Quote
NP. After training with both U-notch and square notch, I feel that U-notch is faster, but YMMV. Some argue that square notch lends to better accuracy. Try em both and see what you like better. Ameriglo sells both the FBI and Bold sights, so you have options.

Pic of Trijicon HD XR on M&P.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:34:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

NP. After training with both U-notch and square notch, I feel that U-notch is faster, but YMMV. Some argue that square notch lends to better accuracy. Try em both and see what you like better. Ameriglo sells both the FBI and Bold sights, so you have options.

Pic of Trijicon HD XR on M&P.
View Quote
I agree about the U shape. I have a set on my G43 Talo and I find getting the sights lined up to be faster then my other guns that have Trijicons (Novak) and my G30 (Truglow)
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:31:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I believe it's a momentary safety. You push it in while you are holstering your Glock and it works as a safety in case something gets caught between the trigger. Not really needed, IMO.

ETA: Been LE & Mil for 8 years. I've cleared leather God knows how many times. I guess I could see an issue if you wear baggy clothing, perhaps.

It's called a Striker Control Device. https://taudevgroup.myshopify.com/products/striker-control-device
View Quote
Many who carry appendix style use it.  If you have and ad and blow your junk off probably not a good day.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 9:06:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Many who carry appendix style use it.  If you have and ad and blow your junk off probably not a good day.
View Quote
That's not a bad day, that's a bad rest of your entire life.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#25]
If they are anything like the i-Dot Pros I had ( blocky rear with sharp edges) I'll pass. Fed probably got another lowest bider contract for these.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 4:39:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I'd like it better if they squared off the paint on the front sight.  Like they do on the CAP sights.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Aren't these just Ameriglo Spartan Sights?
Only real difference seems to be serrations on the rear.

For Glock 42/43 Btw https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Spartan-Tactical-Operator-Orange/dp/B00QZC7SDE
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:27:38 PM EDT
[#28]
I see there are other significant differences, but you all realize that Trijicon narrowed the HD front sight this year, right? Been out since at least Feb. IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If they are anything like the i-Dot Pros I had ( blocky rear with sharp edges) I'll pass. Fed probably got another lowest bider contract for these.
View Quote
These are not sharp at all. I think these are nicer sights than Trijicon HD/HD XR sights and I own both. The rear sight on the Trijicon HD/HD XR is sharp. I think you get a lot of sight for the money with the FBI sights  and Trijicon HDs are overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Aren't these just Ameriglo Spartan Sights?
Only real difference seems to be serrations on the rear.

For Glock 42/43 Btw https://www.amazon.com/AmeriGlo-Spartan-Tactical-Operator-Orange/dp/B00QZC7SDE
View Quote
No, Spartans have a square notch. The FBI sights have a U-notch and are serrated.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I see there are other significant differences, but you all realize that Trijicon narrowed the HD front sight this year, right? Been out since at least Feb. IIRC.
View Quote
Yep. I have the HD XRs (had on my G19) and the Ameriglo FBI sights kick the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's my comparison of the Trijicon HD, Ameriglo FBI, and Trijicon HD XR. The HDs are on my Shield, FBIs on G19, And HD XRs on my G22.

Comparison pics
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here's my comparison of the Trijicon HD, Ameriglo FBI, and Trijicon HD XR. The HDs are on my Shield, FBIs on G19, And HD XRs on my G22.

Comparison pics
View Quote
Very useful, I prefer the shorter sights. I'll have to give these a shot
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Very useful, I prefer the shorter sights. I'll have to give these a shot
View Quote
Thanks. You won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:52:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No, Spartans have a square notch. The FBI sights have a U-notch and are serrated.
View Quote
Ah I totally missed that. Sorry

Personally I'm using Truglo Tritium Pros

Really awesome for the price. They have a U Notch, Serrations, and the rear sights are almost like the FBI Rear. It doesn't have a white outline in the rear. The front sight pops out too, but it would of been great if it was orange or yellow. The rear also uses a screw.

Also has a ledge for 1 handed manipulations and is either melonited/nitrided.

I've had Ameriglo IDOT Pros rust on me before.

IMO Great Deal for $70, but I might try these newer Ameriglos on my G26 (If I keep it).

It looks like Ameriglo stepped up their game. The rear sight looks nicely machined. My IDOT Pro rear looked rough in comparison. They look lower profile too.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ah I totally missed that. Sorry

Personally I'm using Truglo Tritium Pros

Really awesome for the price. They have a U Notch, Serrations, and the rear sights are almost like the FBI Rear. It doesn't have a white outline in the rear. The front sight pops out too, but it would of been great if it was orange or yellow. The rear also uses a screw.

http://www.glockstore.com/assets/images/products/TruGlo-Tritium-Pro-Night-Sights_main-01.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000
http://i.imgur.com/twpXqYr.jpg?1

Also has a ledge for 1 handed manipulations and is either melonited/nitrided.

I've had Ameriglo IDOT Pros rust on me before.

IMO Great Deal for $70, but I might try these newer Ameriglos on my G26 (If I keep it).

It looks like Ameriglo stepped up their game. The rear sight looks nicely machined. My IDOT Pro rear looked rough in comparison. They look lower profile too.
View Quote
I didn't know those existed and they look nice. I considered the Truglo TFX Pros, since they are similar in concept to HDs and FBI sights. I still may try the TFX Pros when I get my G17 or I'll get another set of FBI sights. I'm fond of thinner front sights, like on the Ameriglo FBI and Trijicon HD XRs.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:08:20 PM EDT
[#37]
My Ameriglo sights came in today.  I have been running Trijicon HD's on my glocks for quite a while and really like the setup.  The HD's have always worked well, but I have never been a huge fan of u cuts on sights.  This is the Bold rear sight, same as the FBI spec sight, but with the square notch.   I have always been a fan of Ameriglo, and these are another home run.  Yellow/green fronts work better for my old eyes also.  

Now if they will hurry up and make these for the APX I will be set.  :) Pardon the fuzz, been carrying it around the shop...

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My Ameriglo sights came in today.  I have been running Trijicon HD's on my glocks for quite a while and really like the setup.  The HD's have always worked well, but I have never been a huge fan of u cuts on sights.  This is the Bold rear sight, same as the FBI spec sight, but with the square notch.   I have always been a fan of Ameriglo, and these are another home run.  Yellow/green fronts work better for my old eyes also.  

Now if they will hurry up and make these for the APX I will be set.  :) Pardon the fuzz, been carrying it around the shop...

http://i.imgur.com/TQ3sgtu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/FwN1qe8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rxafHyb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MXtZLw6.jpg

TXPO
View Quote
Nice! Is the front sight the .140 pro glo or is it the new thinner .125 FBI/Bold style?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Check out Ameri-Glo Spartan Tactical sights. They're very similar. Just not serrated on the rear sight
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:47:32 PM EDT
[#40]
TheAmeriglo Spartan Tactical sights are out for the M&P line.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:09:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Good to hear and see.  I need some sights for a pile of G42s and G43s and have been waiting on these to come out for a while.  I love Trijicon HDs and use them on basically everything, but the sharp rear on Glock variants has kept them off of the G42/43s due to pocket clearing and AIWB comfort with anything less than full guard.  Hoping these might do the trick as they have all of the features I like.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:59:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Check out Ameri-Glo Spartan Tactical sights. They're very similar. Just not serrated on the rear sight
View Quote
I've seen em. They're old. The FBI and Bold sights are improvements on the Spartan sights.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nice! Is the front sight the .140 pro glo or is it the new thinner .125 FBI/Bold style?
View Quote
It is the FBI spec .125 style but with green/yellow insert instead of the orange.  

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It is the FBI spec .125 style but with green/yellow insert instead of the orange.  

TXPO
View Quote
Hey, thanks! I think the next one I get, I'll try the green front sight.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#45]
So these FBI sights aren't for sale yet?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:01:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

These are not sharp at all. I think these are nicer sights than Trijicon HD/HD XR sights and I own both. The rear sight on the Trijicon HD/HD XR is sharp. I think you get a lot of sight for the money with the FBI sights  and Trijicon HDs are overpriced.
View Quote
Yeah these look terrific. I love my HDs but my complaints would be the sharpness and price. I do like the little bit extra height on the HDs but I can happily use either one, just have to get used to the lower profile again.

FBI did a great job spec'n these out and the Glock M
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So these FBI sights aren't for sale yet?
View Quote
You gotta call to order them. They aren't on the website. See my first post for the number. Ameriglo released both the FBI and Bold series sights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Just phoned in my order. $99 + $10 shipping; should have them here by Thursday. I'm pumped
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Just phoned in my order. $99 + $10 shipping; should have them here by Thursday. I'm pumped
View Quote
Hell yeah! Did you go with the FBI or Bold sights? I'm thinking of getting Bold sights next to try them out.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Hell yeah! Did you go with the FBI or Bold sights? I'm thinking of getting Bold sights next to try them out.
View Quote
I went with the FBI ones. My triji HDs are orange and have a U rear and I like that. Thought I should be consistent too.
The real question is do I get a new G19 for these or replace the triji ones on my goto g19... Oh and I want these on my HK USPc too!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top