Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2017 12:12:26 AM EDT
To make a long story short, I have a 2nd gen 19.  It has a small chip out of the bottom of the grip.  Magpul is getting close to shipping their magwell's for 19's. 

Their choice is 3rd or 4th generation.  I called and talked to tech. support and asked if the 3rd would fit a 2nd gen.

I received a call back and the person said no it wouldn't fit. 

After a few moments he finally admitted that no one at Magpul had ever checked so they just put 3rd and 4th gens. in their descriptions.

Does anyone know if the 3rd generation magwells will fit 2nd generation pistols?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:36:53 PM EDT
[#1]
No reason they wouldn't. A gen 2 is slightly smaller on the outside dimensions on the sides and has the cutout in the front. Otherwise the bottom is the same. You may have a slight gap on each side and you will probably have a hold in the front where the cutout peeks through.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
It's like a $19-25 part.  Take a shot at it, if it fits...great.  if not, sell it for $15 and drive on.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Any word or update does anyone know to when they're going to release it? I was going to wait for it since the price was too perfect but ended up getting an SI one for a well below MSRP price that I couldn't pass up, even though it's slightly used (gonna get abused anyhow so).
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Wish they would hurry up and launch them...
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any word or update does anyone know to when they're going to release it? I was going to wait for it since the price was too perfect but ended up getting an SI one for a well below MSRP price that I couldn't pass up, even though it's slightly used (gonna get abused anyhow so).
View Quote
They already have.  A few members here have already posted pictures a few pages back.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:45:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

They already have.  A few members here have already posted pictures a few pages back.
View Quote
None for the 19 yet though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

None for the 19 yet though.
View Quote
Whoops - my bad.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Whoops - my bad.
View Quote
Ya the 19 is what I was waiting for..under $30 can't be beat. Couldn't come to terms spending close to $100 or even beyond $70 for a magwell upgrade piece. But luckily scored an SI for about $50, so half off. But still looking forward to the Magpul one which once it's released will pick up since it should work on a 23 once I pick one of those up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top