BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

well, you're right...thought I saw an early shot of the MHS pistols, and the muzzle end of the dustcover matched the slide's bevel...hmmmm....
View Quote
Doesn't apprear to.

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Visual comparison post on my site, just the slide/barrel...

Internal description tomorrow

vdmsr.com
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 5:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
The LE price at GT has me thinking about dumping my one of my other 19s...
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Couldn't help myself.  I was able to shoot a brand new G5 G17 Saturday at a local IDPA match, and decided I had to have one.  No, I don't think it is a giant leap forward in handguns, but it was enough to make me want to part with some money.  I honestly couldn't care less about the finger grooves on the 17--they always fit me just fine.  But the grooves on the 19 always seemed to scrunch my fingers together, so the G5 G19 felt really good in my hands compared to a G3/4 19.

I threw on a set of Dawsons that I had laying around, and I'm going to shoot it at a USPSA match this weekend.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Just ran the first 300 rounds through mine.....in the rain. No malfunctions as expected, no brass to face, consistent ejection even with the crappiest ammo I could find. Trigger is smooth with a clean break, no excessive snap and over travel like other Glocks I own.

Overall I'd agree that it's an improvement on an already great pistol. Very pleased with what just became my new carry gun.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:07:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

well, you're right...thought I saw an early shot of the MHS pistols, and the muzzle end of the dustcover matched the slide's bevel...hmmmm....
Doesn't apprear to.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Glock-MHS-19-Pistol-9mm-TFB-1-copy-768x548.jpg
I just want some of those FDE mags.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 9:12:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is an image of a USA G19M that is USA MADE! Well at least the frame is. You can see the GA mold on the frame. Does anyone have a USA Gen 5? Also anyone have a extended slide stop.

Link Posted: 8/30/2017 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#8]
My apologies if this was mentioned before, but it looks like the finally went to a smooth trigger on the Gen 5 G19. I'm curious what changed that allows them to do that. As I understand it, some kind of import regulation for the compact G19 required them to put a grooved "sporting" trigger on it. Great to see that change.

I'm very tempted to get a new 19, but I think I'll wait 6-12 months to see if they consider filling in that cutout. I'm not a huge fan of the finger grooves - I'd prefer not too have them, but they're not that uncomfortable for me on my Gen 3.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, smooth trigger.... if it's made in the US the import rules do not apply.

Slide does not say USA or Austria.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Here is an image of a USA G19M that is USA MADE! Well at least the frame is. You can see the GA mold on the frame. Does anyone have a USA Gen 5? Also anyone have a extended slide stop.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/tom051876/D2BAB763-E48E-4AC4-AF6F-C4747C130010_zpskv4vwsab.jpg
View Quote
That's interesting--looks like a competition style ambi slide stop.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:38:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj19/tom051876/D2BAB763-E48E-4AC4-AF6F-C4747C130010_zpskv4vwsab.jpg
View Quote
The Glock plant is about 7-1/2 miles from my house..............and is right behind my aunt and uncle's house. Now if the local funshop will get some in
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I got to handle a 17 and 19 today. I didn't even notice the lack of finger grooves. After a couple of minutes, I went "Oh yeah". The cutout on the 19 definitely bothered me. In a nutshell for me, they are a Gen 4 with a nicer trigger.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:11:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Rainy day in the pit

Attachment Attached File

200 rounds fired (total to date 300) zero issues.

Some impromptu accuracy testing at 10 yards. 10 shot groups

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Took mine out and put some rounds through it. I was shooting in a really sandy area and found that just a little bit of sand can cause a malfunction. Inserted the mag and had a fail to feed. Tried tapping the slide to no avail. Ended up using the rear sight to rack it off of my boot. Good thing I got the trijicon hd sights installed.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I noticed my g19.5 doesn't "click" when inserted into my incog. Anybody else have holster issues? I'm thinking it has to do with the ambi slide stop (which I hate)
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:11:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I noticed my g19.5 doesn't "click" when inserted into my incog. Anybody else have holster issues? I'm thinking it has to do with the ambi slide stop (which I hate)
View Quote
I don't have a Gen5 yet, but I noticed Bravo Concealment came out with DOS Torsion holsters specifically for the 19.5 and 17.5
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Fondled the 19.5 and 17.5 at the Austin GT. As a lefty, I popped a semi when I read the slide release was going to be ambi. Feels very good without the finger grooves (more so on the 19). Pretty much like the frames I've had modded. Trigger feels better but not by much IMO. The Gen5 (and P10C for that matter) makes my FNS-9 obsolete now. I'm all in for the slide release alone.

One of my future projects will be to take one of my 19.4s, throw a Gen5 frame and end plate on it, and have the slide milled to be compatible with the ambi slide release. See if I can have a 19.4.5 Is it financially smart? Probably not. But ya know...when in Rome.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#18]
the g29 gen 4 is how they should have done the front. the coating when wet is slippery than a eel. the magwell flare makes grabbing a mag impossible. and the front grip cutout is garbage. need to fill that in.

very disappointed in the gen 5 , they need a gen 6 out now to fix all the failures.

I wonder if Gastain even checked on the gun before releasing it or if he was to busy fitting his ex in divorce court. it sure shows. maybe he wants his company to flop now because of her
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, it appears that Glock has addressed the issue with the ring on the front of the slide with the Gen5s.  Comparing the two, the Gen5 is noticeably thicker.  

I do remember reading more Gen4 rings breaking than the Gen3 ever did.

Sucks as I just got a Gen4 slide milled for an RMR.  But even if it lasts "only" 30,000 rounds, it's still a good bit of service/life.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well, it appears that Glock has addressed the issue with the ring on the front of the slide with the Gen5s.  Comparing the two, the Gen5 is noticeably thicker.  

I do remember reading more Gen4 rings breaking than the Gen3 ever did.

Sucks as I just got a Gen4 slide milled for an RMR.  But even if it lasts "only" 30,000 rounds, it's still a good bit of service/life.
View Quote
In almost 30 years of shooting Glocks, I've never seen a ring break on any generation and I don't know anybody it's happened to. Google turned up almost nothing. The Henderson thread is the only place I've seen it mentioned really.

Rings break, slides crack, breech faces push out. None of this is new or unique to Gen 4s.   

Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Was really excited to get a gen 5 but didn't realize they had that front half moon cutout. I'll have to hold one to see, but even then it looks Off.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I really like that gun minus the safety.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I really like that gun minus the safety.
View Quote
Yeah, that is a buzz kill. 
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:43:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my Gen 5 G17 on Friday.

I ran the FBI Q twice today just to put it (and myself) through the paces. Zero stoppages and I passed both attempts.

One of the two mags that came with my Gen 3 wouldn't drop free. Magpul mags ran flawlessly, as did the new factory mags.

Love the new grip texture and lack of finger grooves. The trigger seems to be crisper with less over travel than previous Glocks I've owned. I usually install Ghost 3.5lb triggers in Glocks but I'm temped to keep this one stock.

The stock sights don't bother me but I've got Dawson adjustable sights on the way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 6:48:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OTD price?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just picked mine up.
OTD price?
Mine was $599 plus tax and NICS. Standard sights and three mags.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:36:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't apprear to.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Glock-MHS-19-Pistol-9mm-TFB-1-copy-768x548.jpg
Am I the only one that wants one of these, I don't even care about the  external safety....& I hate safety's on other pistols, so much I won't buy one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Visual comparison post on my site, just the slide/barrel...

http://i.imgur.com/ppr7uAJ.jpg

Internal description tomorrow

vdmsr.com
View Quote
Vman which one do you like better?
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The LE price at GT has me thinking about dumping my one of my other 19s...
View Quote
Don't dump....add.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:41:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
What an odd rule.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 8:46:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

19 Gen 5 slide WILL fit on a 19 Gen 4 frame with NO modification.

19 Gen 4 slide WILL NOT fir on a 19 Gen 5 frame unless you modify/switch out parts.

Gen 5 frame now has a metal tab by the connector that sticks up. Unless you have the new Gen 5 slide end plate that has a bigger cutout for the new addition, it will not fit.

You can swap slide end plates and they both work just fine.

Easy solution seems to be just get the Gen 5 slide end plate and you can use Gen 4 slides that you already have.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/FullSizeRender-293648.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/IMG_1988-293649.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/IMG_1989-293650.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202402/FullSizeRender2-293651.JPG
View Quote
Have you shot the gen4 frame/gen5 slide combo yet
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:43:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 11:25:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I saw a Austria gen 5 19 in LGS with a smooth face trigger so they figured out some way around it
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 12:02:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Am I the only one that wants one of these, I don't even care about the  external safety....& I hate safety's on other pistols, so much I won't buy one.
View Quote
No,  I want one and I would like the external manual safety
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No you're not alone, I want one badly...

[b]Quoted:
I would not hold your breath.  Glock has been pretty adamant that they will not produce a variant with a manual safety unless its a large contract requirement.

I would bet money the civilian MHS release will be sans the manual safety, which would be my preference personally.

Either way I will buy one
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 5:51:20 AM EDT
[#36]
The MHS is cool, but I have no use for the safety or the short slide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:00:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Ran several mags thru a buddies blue label Gen 5, 17 today.   Does anyone know why the sights are taller and if Gen4 back sights will regulate?   Glock used to keep the front sights the same but these have to be a Millimeter taller.    

Sights were standard plastic not Ameriglos.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:01:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I have XL hands (2XL for some gloves) and I shot the new 19 Gen 5 with no issues from the cutout on the front strap.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So how are the gen 5 grips for people that actually like the finger grooves on the gen 4?
View Quote
My hands fit the finger grooves fine. I didn't notice hardly any difference on the 17, I prefer the feel of a Gen 4 19 over the new one however.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So how are the gen 5 grips for people that actually like the finger grooves on the gen 4?
View Quote
Awesome. I've never minded the finger grooves but I definitely prefer the Gen5.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Anyone know if the floor plates or extended slide stops are available?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anyone know if the floor plates or extended slide stops are available?
View Quote
Floor plates and followers yes ext slide stop no. Call Glock and ask for a parts list.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Check this pic. Real Austrian G17.5 with nitroproof on the barrel hood. Would be cool to get a Austrian proofed one.

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I got to handle a 17 and 19 today. I didn't even notice the lack of finger grooves. After a couple of minutes, I went "Oh yeah". The cutout on the 19 definitely bothered me. In a nutshell for me, they are a Gen 4 with a nicer trigger.
View Quote
Just curious, do you think the cutout on the 17 would bother you during firing?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:14:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/24/2017 3:51:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just curious, do you think the cutout on the 17 would bother you during firing?
View Quote
I didn't notice the cutout on the 17 at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#47]
I really like the 17 a lot. Seems like a lot of nice subtle improvements over the G4.

The 19 I didn't like at all. The flared mag well was very uncomfortable and cumbersome in the smaller frame I felt. Kinda surprised. But I'll be keeping my Vickers G3 19.

But that 17 however is begging for a threaded barrel and some suppressor sights for me
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top