Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Even though I'm excited for the gen5
(I carry a g19 gen 4 everyday) I almost wish they stopped at the gen 3. because up until that point all the internal parts were the same. So spare parts would be so much easier to stock up on. And if the gen 5 needs different holsters then that might be a deal killer for me. I was actually planning on selling a gen3 g17 just so all my glocks would be gen 4.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 12:19:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't interested in the Gen 4s until I got a sinister son.  And just as I'm about to buy a Gen 4, they announce the Gen 5.  So unless the Gen 4 frame can be cut for the ambi-slide lock, I have to wait longer.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:12:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
(I carry a g19 gen 4 everyday) I almost wish they stopped at the gen 3. because up until that point all the internal parts were the same. So spare parts would be so much easier to stock up on. And if the gen 5 needs different holsters then that might be a deal killer for me. I was actually planning on selling a gen3 g17 just so all my glocks would be gen 4.
View Quote
Can't speak to the gen5 but the 17M fits the same holsters as my gen4 17.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not sure why you are concerned about holsters... If the Gen5 is patterned off the M series the ambi slide-stop will be about the only exterior difference in regards to holsters.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Still not 100% sure why some photos are too big to upload on the new site but here ya go....

Duty issued round is 147gr HST
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Found this.

MHS to be released ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:37:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Found this.

MHS to be released ?
View Quote
Yes. A member has seen / held one. I don't think it will have a safety though.

It's what I'm holding out for as I prefer the 17 grip to all other grips. Just as easy for me to conceal as a 19. (I ccw a 17 when not carrying the 43)
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:59:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's what I'm holding out for as I prefer the 17 grip to all other grips. Just as easy for me to conceal as a 19. (I ccw a 17 when not carrying the 43)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Found this.

MHS to be released ?

I'm in for 2!!   I also want that ammo to go with it.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be going to the release Saturday morning at my local shop. The MHS is a cool gun but the only way my wallet is coming out is if they have something like the 19M.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:24:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Definitely going to buy the gen5 if it is a 17 or 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#12]
What's the finish like? Is it like the old frying pan finish of the Gen 3's?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'll be going to the release Saturday morning at my local shop. The MHS is a cool gun but the only way my wallet is coming out is if they have something like the 19M.
View Quote
From everything I've been told by guys really in the know, the "M" may be exclusive law enforcement model.  Of course if Glock makes a change or two to it so it's not exactly the same it could be sold to everyone.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What's the finish like? Is it like the old frying pan finish of the Gen 3's?
View Quote
Yes... the finish is supposed to be one of the primary changes getting away from the EPA restricted gen4 finish and back to a bulletproof rust preventative
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I am mixed up here. Is the release on Sat the 17M and the MHS model later?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am mixed up here. Is the release on Sat the 17M and the MHS model later?
View Quote
Only Glock knows.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Found this on reddit. Looks pretty legit to me, but I don't know anything about editing photos at all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not a glock guy. I've owned smith and wessons but I'm thoroughly interested in a glock 19 as a new carry gun. The only thing I was wondering is the back of the trigger guard where ppl have an issue with their middle finger did they fix that issue on these new gens if that's what's really coming out?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 6:53:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm not a glock guy. I've owned smith and wessons but I'm thoroughly interested in a glock 19 as a new carry gun. The only thing I was wondering is the back of the trigger guard where ppl have an issue with their middle finger did they fix that issue on these new gens if that's what's really coming out?
View Quote
Trigger guard looks the same sadly. Needs to have an undercut from the factory. @jjcrt263b
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:07:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Trigger guard looks the same sadly. Needs to have an undercut from the factory. @jjcrt263b
View Quote
They really did put a mag cut out in the front of the 19, didn't they
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They really did put a mag cut out in the front of the 19, didn't they
View Quote
That was one of the FBI requirements. To make it easier to grasp a stuck mag. That's just going back to how it was in the Gen 1/2
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks like they rounded/melted the front of the slides just like on 26s/34s.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Looks like they rounded/melted the front of the slides just like on 26s/34s.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:36:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, based on the images floating around - looks like Gen5's are dropping 8/26.  

Looks like I'll be getting one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
I've posted this before, but here's where I'm confused.  There are two "Gen5/M" frames.  One with the flared magwell and cutout, the other a without both.  

Attachment Attached File

You can even count the textured bumps on the front of the frame, the one with mag cutout has a shortened textured patch.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've posted this before, but here's where I'm confused.  There are two "Gen5/M" frames.  One with the flared magwell and cutout, the other a without both.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gen5-288560.JPG

You can even count the textured bumps on the front of the frame, the one with mag cutout has a shortened textured patch.
View Quote
Want the top version
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:09:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Found this on reddit. Looks pretty legit to me, but I don't know anything about editing photos at all.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/396101/Cf73IhH-288387.JPG
View Quote
Fuck yes. I'll finally own a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 9:41:27 PM EDT
[#28]
No front cocking serrations .

Arggg!
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:20:07 PM EDT
[#29]
About damn time! Will take a 19 to add to the many others I have.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/396101/Cf73IhH-288387.JPG
View Quote
Underwhelmed but will still pick up a 19.  DLC is a (+), magwell flare (+), cut rifling is a (-), no finger grooves (-) for me, ambi release is neither + or - for me.... so its basically a wash for me... which means I will be buying one .  I still don't know why they couldn't just throw some type of front serrations on them.  Whatever
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Arggg!
View Quote
They are saving that for the "2019 Summer Special"

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:26:49 PM EDT
[#32]
If people start dumping there Gen 4s for these, I'd love to snap some up. And I think that mag cutout would be very uncomfortable on a 19.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If people start dumping there Gen 4s for these, I'd love to snap some up. And I think that mag cutout would be very uncomfortable on a 19.
View Quote
It was on my 23. During my first range session it started to hurt my pinky so much I had developed a flinch by the end and was shooting wildly to the left. When I got home I worked on the sharp edge with file and some sand paper. The next time I shot it it was more comfortable and the flinch went away.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It was on my 23. During my first range session it started to hurt my pinky so much I had developed a flinch by the end and was shooting wildly to the left. When I got home I worked on the sharp edge with file and some sand paper. The next time I shot it it was more comfortable and the flinch went away.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Agreed. I had to do the same thing on my Gen 2 19 and 23. Non-issue on the 17 and 22, though. At least for me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Got on the waiting list for a 19!

I am assuming, but don't know.... but gen 4 mags will work in the M models correct?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#36]
The half-moon mag cutout at the bottom of the grip on Gen2 models was terribly uncomfortable in the hands. Unless you hold the gun in the '70's "cup and saucer" method.

And front serations are great if you are trying to grab someone's gun, dangerous if you are trying to retain your weapon. If you are constantly doing Hollywood style press-checks, yet cannot grip the slide due to too much lotion on your hands, then front serations are great...
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:03:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Arggg!
View Quote
Should be standard from now on all Glocks.  Also I wish they would round the front of the slide like the M.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

And front serations are great if you are trying to grab someone's gun, dangerous if you are trying to retain your weapon. If you are constantly doing Hollywood style press-checks, yet cannot grip the slide due to too much lotion on your hands, then front serations are great...
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The half-moon mag cutout at the bottom of the grip on Gen2 models was terribly uncomfortable in the hands. Unless you hold the gun in the '70's "cup and saucer" method.

View Quote
You take the award for most retarded comment of the day. Congrats. It's obvious you have no clue about anything you're talking about.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:41:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You need to seek formal Pistol training from a QUALIFIED instructor
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Is it too early to start Gen4 vs Gen5 threads?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's old is new again.

Pearce Grip Enhancer Magazine Base Pad Glock Compact, Full Size

Fills the cut-out in the lower front strap of the frame adding gripping surface. For use on new-style, full metal lined, drop-free magazines. Does not alter capacity. Fits all Glock compact and full size handguns. Polymer. Black.

Technical Information

Fits:
Glock models 17, 18, 19, 22, 23, 24, 25, and 31

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm excited. I was wanting another g17 and was going to hunt down a summer special but, no finger grooves > front cocking serrations, at least for me.

That said, are they still doing melonite then dlc on top? Or just straight up dlc? Probably the latter I'm guessing. Breaking some of the parts compatibility is annoying but sounds like it'll only be what? Barrel, RSA, slide catch, and locking block? Only one of those that'll need regular replacement is the RSA most likely so I guess it's not all bad.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd wager ndlc is going to stand for "nano diamond-like carbon" finish/coating
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/271151/gen5-288560.JPG

View Quote
The local funshop has a Glock similar to the top one...........I think its a special edition one, possibly with the name of Arfcom's favorite specwar instructor............I think it has the lip on the front, but has the finger grooves. Nice gun, but comes with a premium price, and I want one with no finger grooves

And I wouldn't mind one with the safety, just because it's different
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I am assuming, but don't know.... but gen 4 mags will work in the M models correct?
View Quote
Yes, the Gen5/M series runs fine with previous generation magazines, Magpul Mags, ETS mags and my cheap Korean 50rd drum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#48]
just got an email from Glock, Gen 5 will be available Aug 30..... no FG's, flared magwell, ambi slide release
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#49]
This is a special time in the history of GLOCK.  On August 30, GLOCK, Inc. will be announcing the launch of our new G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols.  Because you are a member of GLOCK ID, we wanted you to hear the news first, from us, before the general public finds out.

The G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols were inspired by the GLOCK M pistols used by the FBI and include many features the GLOCK community has been asking for.  There are over 20 design changes which differentiate our Gen5 pistols from their Gen4 predecessors, including a flared mag-well, a new nDLC finish, the GLOCK Marksman Barrel, ambidextrous slide stop levers, and a grip which has no finger grooves.

These pistols will be available at your favorite GLOCK dealer beginning August 30.  We hope you will go in to see them and try them.

Thank you for your continued support.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:24:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Here we are.

Gen 5 article
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top