Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:09:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep wishing, and I am not being sarcastic when I say that........That's all I will say......

TXPO
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish the mhs model would be available.

Really just the 17 frame and 19 slide
Keep wishing, and I am not being sarcastic when I say that........That's all I will say......

TXPO
I don't believe you
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I don't believe you
View Quote
Would love to expound on my statement, but I don't get access to the info I have without being tight lipped.  

But, check back with me in about 5-6 months......

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:48:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
8/26/17
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:24:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I will LOL so hard if it turns out to be a single stack .40cal
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:00:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will LOL so hard if it turns out to be a single stack .40cal
View Quote
According to the Glock reps i recently talked to, the .40 is rapidly dying, based on all the LE agencies ordering  G19's and G17's.

I bet it's the Gen 5's
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

According to the Glock reps i recently talked to, the .40 is rapidly dying, based on all the LE agencies ordering  G19's and G17's.

I bet it's the Gen 5's
View Quote
Some casual trolling of the web and other resources shows that there are gen5 SKU's out there, and several retailers have it in their systems.  It's the gen5, and it's coming.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]
dupe, please delete
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:11:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if the slides from the 19 Gen 4s will fit? I just paid a boat load of money to have a slide milled for my RMR.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like they really sped this up.

I recall a while back Glock reps basically stating not to plan on seeing these until next year.  I wonder if they took the old Chicago mindset of "never let a crisis go to waste" and jumped this full steam ahead while Sig is boiling over.

That being said, I can't want to get my hands on a 19 and 17....hell I need a fourth of each anyways
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Local shop / friend told me it's the "new one like the FBI got" or so his rep told him.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wonder if the slides from the 19 Gen 4s will fit? I just paid a boat load of money to have a slide milled for my RMR.
View Quote
Stick with your gen4.  No reason not to.  Unless you are a lefty
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Local shop / friend told me it's the "new one like the FBI got" or so his rep told him.
View Quote
Well I'm sold.  It's all just a ruse.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's not one to bs me for the most part. Usually calls me when new things are on the horizon.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
You said the same thing when the M variants were rumored and they turned out to be quite real...
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Slightly anecdotal evidence that a change is coming, but I received 5 brand new Glocks today-2 17's and 3 19's, and the slide finish closely matched what was on the M models I've handled. Different for sure from the finish we've been seeing.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:15:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stick with your gen4.  No reason not to.  Unless you are a lefty
View Quote
I want the grove-less grip. I had a gen 2 23 for years and switched to the gen4 19 recently. I still like the grip from the gen 2 more.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You said the same thing when the M variants were rumored and they turned out to be quite real...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No they're quite the vaporware.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
LEO's have em.

The 26th is the release of them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

LEO's have em.

View Quote
It's not the M.  It's going to be Gen5.  The M's RSA is too short for anything but 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Supposedly gen5's will only be 9mm
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:07:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's not the M.  It's going to be Gen5.  The M's RSA is too short for anything but 9mm.
View Quote
I thought the M rsa was longer.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#22]
mm.As much as it pains me to bash Glock,

Look at what other gun companies have come out with in the last year, it will probably be a Glock version of that with 1 round less capacity, new parts that don't fit in other models, and probably in 40s&w. Just like the Shield was out for a year and Glock comes out with a 380 when everyone wanted a single stack 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Look at what other gun companies have come out with in the last year, it will probably be a Glock version of that with 1 round less capacity, new parts that don't fit in other models, and probably in 40s&w. Just like the Shield was out for a year and Glock comes out with a 380 when everyone wanted a single stack 9mm.
View Quote
I'm a huge Glock-o-phile, but there is no doubting that Glock's management is retarded and do not listen to the public at all.

Ask for single stack 9 = Give them a single stack .380 ten years later

Ask for no finger grooves = Give them a bunch of stupid colored frames and keep the grooves

Ask for better factory sights = Keep using plastic sights

Ask for forward cocking serrations = Release that shit a couple months before the next generation

Seriously they are worse than Apple
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gen 4 slides will not fit on 17 M lowers( I have tried) , so I highly doubt that they'll fit Gen5's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Gen 4 slides will not fit on 17 M lowers( I have tried) , so I highly doubt that they'll fit Gen5's.
View Quote
Ah fooey, I guess I won't be upgrading to a gen 5 for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 10:01:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LEO's have em.

Splitting hairs here.

M vs 5 is minimal.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:15:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Splitting hairs here.

M vs 5 is minimal.
View Quote
As long as it has the built in magwell, I'm down. Does it?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#28]
With as many LE agencies that have put their hands on them there are suprisingly few pictures out there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:07:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
With as many LE agencies that have put their hands on them there are suprisingly few pictures out there.
View Quote
NDAs like a mofo.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Gimme dat magwell.  

Don't care about the rest of it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:11:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't understand why they went back to a two pin frame.
View Quote
Thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:33:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I thought someone stated it was to make room for the ambi slide release, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a huge Glock-o-phile, but there is no doubting that Glock's management is retarded and do not listen to the public at all.

Ask for no finger grooves = Give them a bunch of stupid colored frames and keep the grooves

Ask for forward cocking serrations = Release that shit a couple months before the next generation

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
I am surprised they don't crunch the numbers and figure out how much money they could be making or how much they are losing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thinking the same thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thinking the same thing.
not needed for 9 Milly.  .40 cal made 3 pins necessary.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm on of those weirdos whose fingers fall perfectly into the grooves.  They really help me control the muzzle during recoil so I kinda hate to see them go.   I could use another 19 so I'll probably pick up one but I can't really see this "M/gen5" thing as too much of an improvement unless you are a lefty or have larger fingers that are cramped by the grooves.  Hopefully there is something to it other than what has been speculated.  Oh well... maybe there are some internal changes that will help something
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#37]
I will definitely pick up a Gen5 19 but I won't be getting one right away.  I will wait about year to make sure any bugs are worked out first...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:51:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I will definitely pick up a Gen5 19 but I won't be getting one right away.  I will wait about year to make sure any bugs are worked out first...
View Quote
Yojimbo is smart
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm going to look at them and decide between the gen 5 and the FS model..... kinda like those serrations, but not the finger grooves
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Was considering a Gen 4 26, but will wait for the Gen 5 26, preferably w/ MOS.  If KelTec will introduce a SUB-2000 that takes 320 mags, someone will make a 320 AR mag block/lower, and SIG doesn't FUBAR the 320 trigger trying to fix it, I might go 320, particularly if I have to wait forever for a Gen 5 26.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bet they could speed things up if the would just stop making the Gen 3.
I agree.
And the gen4
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I thought the M rsa was longer.
View Quote
It is....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I can post a pic of mine if need be...
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I can post a pic of mine if need be...
View Quote
Do it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#45]
So if they have the polygonal to to the cut rifling do you think this was a cost cutting measure, a performance enhancing measure, or because people bitched about not being able to use cast bullets in their Glocks?  I kinda was into the polygonal barrels
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So if they have the polygonal to to the cut rifling do you think this was a cost cutting measure, a performance enhancing measure, or because people bitched about not being able to use cast bullets in their Glocks?  I kinda was into the polygonal barrels
View Quote
It was a FBI contract requirement, which will now carry over into the new models.

They have already paid for the tooling, so might as well use it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It was a FBI contract requirement, which will now carry over into the new models.

They have already paid for the tooling, so might as well use it.
View Quote
Makes sense... RIP polygonal barrels , you'll be missed.  

Thanks for a well informed answer despite the fact that my sentence structure in that post was horrendous
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#48]
The way I understand it the barrel was requested by FBI to improve accuracy (BS) and to allow for easier identification of rounds fired. The poly angle rifling is notoriously difficult to match fired bullets to barrels.

I tried to upload a pic but the file is too big...

I'll try again tomorrow.

My review:

I T&E the G17M several months ( approx 300 rounds) back and was issued mine yesterday. I put around 250-300 rounds through it so far. We have the FBI contract Ameriglo sights with orange ring around front tritium. The trigger pull is more like a G43 and the reset is a bit longer than the gen 3-4 guns. Magwell is really nice. I don't care for the ambi slide lock but it hasn't gotten in the way. All in all it's ok.... I'd take a G17.4 over the M but not a big deal.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The way I understand it the barrel was requested by FBI to improve accuracy (BS) and to allow for easier identification of rounds fired. The poly angle rifling is notoriously difficult to match fired bullets to barrels.

I tried to upload a pic but the file is too big...

I'll try again tomorrow.

My review:

I T&E the G17M several months ( approx 300 rounds) back and was issued mine yesterday. I put around 250-300 rounds through it so far. We have the FBI contract Ameriglo sights with orange ring around front tritium. The trigger pull is more like a G43 and the reset is a bit longer than the gen 3-4 guns. Magwell is really nice. I don't care for the ambi slide lock but it hasn't gotten in the way. All in all it's ok.... I'd take a G17.4 over the M but not a big deal.
View Quote
Depending on what you're allowed to say - how does the grooveless grip feel?  Can you tell any difference from an internal standpoint?

The ambi-slide release is gonna be nice as a lefty....
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Grip profile (no finger grooves) is like the gen 1-2 G17 with a gen4 texture.

The finger grooves always fit me perfect but I understand a lot of guys they didn't work for
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top