Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 5/29/2017 12:33:17 PM EDT
simple question.

figured someone here might know something...
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock is going to play out the FS Glocks first, then make a MOS FS model, then release the carbine, then the M followed by the Gen5.  Each release will come after they have sufficiently milked the market like they did with the 42/43 release.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:39:56 PM EDT
[#2]
From another thread.

Quoted:
April 18 I had the Glock LE sales guy in my office. He told me federal orders will be filled first. Then LE agency orders. As an agency, if we ordered guns, it would be at least the middle of 2018.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going with what Edgecrusher said
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 1:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm going with what Edgecrusher said
View Quote
Yeah....sounds right.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 4:40:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait, I thought the 1911 was coming before the 5?!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet they could speed things up if the would just stop making the Gen 3.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The factory guys were here in April. They told me the same thing. Mid to Late 2018 at the earliest. And that was for agencies. Individual officers and everyone else might be later. They have contract obligations to meet first before they release any to anyone else. 
View Quote
My rep said essentially the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Glock is going to play out the FS Glocks first, then make a MOS FS model, then release the carbine, then the M followed by the Gen5.  Each release will come after they have sufficiently milked the market like they did with the 42/43 release.
View Quote
Exactly this.  Glock uses the Apple marketing method, when do you release the iPhone 8?  When 95% of the population owns an iPhone 7 of course.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 3:40:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 8:53:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I agree.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree.
It is not that simple.  They have contractual obligations to continue to support and deliver gen 3 guns.  Furthermore, the generation 3 guns are the only pistols available in CA. The handgun roster effectively froze which new models of pistols that could be sold in 2008. So not only are they they only Glocks available, the only competition for poly striker fired guns is from SW SD9/40VE, and Springfield XD gen 1 pistols. even the M&P is gone because SW allowed it to expire without renewal.

No one would walk away from a market 50 million strong that they own.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 3:35:55 AM EDT
[#12]
It will probably be "debuted" at SHOT 2018, with actual dealer delivery sometime late 1st Qtr or into 2 Qtr 2018 according to my Glock contact

The Gen 3 has contractoral obligations in addition to being grandfathered into certain states
Link Posted: 7/5/2017 8:07:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I went with new L/E package Smith 2.0 40 cal 3 mags ,night sights  sku 11519 , Glock can keep the M gun none for me . I have a gen 3 G19 night sights and 10 mags Iam good to go .
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#14]
A relative of mine working in the GA Glock office...not going to give a name or hint. But, according to my relative the M model will be agency only purchase. Not even a blue label for first respondents or individual officer purchase, let a lone LGS purchases. Seems the M model is agency purchase only. To be honest, the M model is nothing more than a M&P if you ask me...Save a few dollars and just get an M&P, you'll be just as happy and just as good if not better weapon with all the issues the M model has produced over the last year.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A relative of mine working in the GA Glock office...not going to give a name or hint. But, according to my relative the M model will be agency only purchase. Not even a blue label for first respondents or individual officer purchase, let a lone LGS purchases. Seems the M model is agency purchase only. To be honest, the M model is nothing more than a M&P if you ask me...Save a few dollars and just get an M&P, you'll be just as happy and just as good if not better weapon with all the issues the M model has produced over the last year.
View Quote
I was kind of thinking that as well.  After getting a 2.0 9mm it does have pretty much all same features as the M model.  And has turned out to be a damn fine pistol in my opinion.  Maybe that's what the "M" in M2.0 stands for.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:37:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Like others have said.......for as much as I like the pistols they produce......the way they market their stuff is Apple style.  

Therefore, I don't really ever expect them to give me what I want when it's available......I expect them to throw 4 other iterations of pieces or parts of what I want.....hoping I'll buy those while I impatiently wait for the thing I really want.

What they don't realize is that I know their game, and I'm still on Gen3 guns.  I can wait.  I will wait.  I didn't buy a G42.  I did buy a 43.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do not know if I would go that far.  Several reps have already said they are not selling them to the public yet it would probably be 2018 before they would release to the public because they are fulfilling orders to agency's.  Glock is strange in how they release items but I cannot foresee Glock skipping the opportunity to make money selling something so many people want.  They may not release the "M" but I could see them making a Gen5 with the M features (ambi slide stop, no finger grooves, and rounded pig nose) coupled with the new front serrations and then follow it up with a Gen5 MOS.  I can foresee them keeping the M designation for LEO and then just calling the public Glock the Gen5.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:09:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The factory guys were here in April. They told me the same thing. Mid to Late 2018 at the earliest. And that was for agencies. Individual officers and everyone else might be later. They have contract obligations to meet first before they release any to anyone else. 
View Quote
What's the size of your agency & how prevalent is SIG / S&W in your area?
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 12:45:41 PM EDT
[#19]
So   M features + MHS features +MOS +FS = Gen 5 in 2018 ?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I may or may not have one at my house right now
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:24:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
So is there like a media blackout on them or something?
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

So is there like a media blackout on them or something?
View Quote
Non-disclosure agreements
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:26:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
at least tell us when the NDA ends
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:21:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Since SWAT magazine has had a story and pics I would think the NDA is no longer enforceable ?  Also while watching a rerun of Gun Stories with Joe Mantegna the other night on Outdoor Channel he mentioned the show would be doing a segment on the FBI's new 17M and their ballistic testing in the fall.  Now that the media has it why bother with an NDA ?
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 12:57:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Glocks "mode of operandi" (operation) has always been to supply Gov/LE FIRST. This garners interest in their guns when the masses see
gov/LE using their guns.

This is how they first started marketing and continue to this day. Get the Gov/LE using them and the azzes of the masses will follow and
open their wallets. They do make a buck from these contracts, but not near the margin they get with individual sales.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Glocks "mode of operandi" (operation) has always been to supply Gov/LE FIRST. This garners interest in their guns when the masses see
gov/LE using their guns.

This is how they first started marketing and continue to this day. Get the Gov/LE using them and the azzes of the masses will follow and
open their wallets. They do make a buck from these contracts, but not near the margin they get with individual sales.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So   M features + MHS features +MOS +FS = Gen 5 in 2018 ?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:16:03 AM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208978/IMG-0471-254258.JPG
So true lol
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#31]
8/26/17
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Are the 19M's going to be part of the release?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 3:22:29 PM EDT
[#33]
I can't believe photos haven't been leaked out yet.  Yeah I know about NDA's but they usually don't work.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Are the 19M's going to be part of the release?
View Quote
they are the release. 17 and 19
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I can't believe photos haven't been leaked out yet.  Yeah I know about NDA's but they usually don't work.
View Quote
there are pictures all over the Internet
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 8:11:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Of the Gen 5?  Or just the M?  Is the M for 100% certain the exact gun as the gen 5?
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#37]
A guy on glocktalk just preordered a gen5 last week and was told he'd get it in September.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Of the Gen 5?  Or just the M?  Is the M for 100% certain the exact gun as the gen 5?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn't sound like the 5 is going to be exactly like the M.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 2:56:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Doesn't sound like the 5 is going to be exactly like the M.
View Quote
I hope they are different.

The ambi slide stop is a negative to me, and a large percentage of lefties won't even use them.

I would like to see the Gen5 be basically a "M" variant without the ambi slide-stop and add front serrations.

I would also love to see a MHS size offering (17 frame with 19 slide)... Just because
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 6:37:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I hope they are different.

The ambi slide stop is a negative to me, and a large percentage of lefties won't even use them.

I would like to see the Gen5 be basically a "M" variant without the ambi slide-stop and add front serrations.

I would also love to see a MHS size offering (17 frame with 19 slide)... Just because
View Quote
What's your aversion to the ambi slide stop?  Have you shot one of the 17M pistols yet?
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 7:01:45 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What's your aversion to the ambi slide stop?  Have you shot one of the 17M pistols yet?
View Quote
No I have not.  My agency went to the 17.4 before the M variants were a thing.

As for the slide stop, I have no use for it personally and find it aesthetically displeasing.  Most of the lefties I know have trained on right-handed handguns for so long they don't even reverse the magazine release, much less have any use for the lefty slide stop.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No I have not.  My agency went to the 17.4 before the M variants were a thing.

As for the slide stop, I have no use for it personally and find it aesthetically displeasing.  Most of the lefties I know have trained on right-handed handguns for so long they don't even reverse the magazine release, much less have any use for the lefty slide stop.

YMMV
View Quote
The ambi mag catch is a $10 part swap if its a bother to you.  

Don't know how much one handed and off hand only injured/disabled shooter operation training you've done and how much direct training you've done with lefties with smaller hands that don't have significant hand strength, but adding that ambi slide stop will help in those situations quite a bit.  I think more folks will take advantage of the mag release as the instructors get used to asking more often as new employees join your agency.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:14:28 AM EDT
[#43]
I wish the mhs model would be available.

Really just the 17 frame and 19 slide
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
8/26/17
View Quote
Very important date...:)

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I wish the mhs model would be available.

Really just the 17 frame and 19 slide
View Quote
Keep wishing, and I am not being sarcastic when I say that........That's all I will say......

TXPO
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Don't know how much one handed and off hand only injured/disabled shooter operation training you've done and how much direct training you've done with lefties with smaller hands that don't have significant hand strength, but adding that ambi slide stop will help in those situations quite a bit.  I think more folks will take advantage of the mag release as the instructors get used to asking more often as new employees join your agency.
View Quote
This.

I'm a rightly with plenty of Glocks waiting to be replaced with Gen 5s. Left handed only manipulations are very difficult with the stock slide stop. Extended slide stops cause/prevent slide lock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 4:15:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Very important date...:)

TXPO
View Quote
That date coincides with the NRA CCW show in Milwaukee I believe......
Link Posted: 8/15/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm a rightly with plenty of Glocks waiting to be replaced with Gen 5s. Left handed only manipulations are very difficult with the stock slide stop. Extended slide stops cause/prevent slide lock.
View Quote
I never use the slide stop unless I'm locking the slide back without a magazine inserted.  The "slingshot" method of releasing the slide is much more reliable and does not require the user to manipulate their grip on the pistol.  (Gross motor skills > Fine motor skills) For one handed drills I use my belt.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 12:07:03 AM EDT
[#49]
What was old is new again.

It only took them 20 years to figure out we did not like finger grooves and they forgot about the undercut.

I'll take them another 20 year to figure out the undercut, but the gen 6 will include fingure grooves.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 4:20:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I never use the slide stop unless I'm locking the slide back without a magazine inserted.  The "slingshot" method of releasing the slide is much more reliable and does not require the user to manipulate their grip on the pistol.  (Gross motor skills > Fine motor skills) For one handed drills I use my belt.
View Quote
Brruuuhhhhhhhh

Manipulating the slide stop shouldn't require compromising your master grip on the pistol. This can be done via the addition of an extended slide stop or pressing the slide stop with your support hand thumb.  Don't by into the Gross/Fine skill hype.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top