Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2017 12:05:16 PM EDT
I see two versions of the Gen 4 Glock 40 being offered.
One is the Glock PG4030101MOS & the other is the PG4030103MOS.
They show both show up for the same price so what's the difference between them?
Why choose one over the other?
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
One for free states the other for behind enemy lines.  10 vs. 15
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info! I'm glad I live in a free state!
Any thoughts on what a fair price for a new 40 should be?
I saw one today at my LGS for $659. Seems like a good price.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen black framed G40's go for up to 799. That is over priced, to me me anyway.

I would say 650'ish-to 700 for NON-MOS verson.

For the G40 MOS: 675-750.

The G40 is a nice pistol. I've got a grey framed MOS version and absolutely
love it. It's never had a hiccup or failed to go bang. It has the factory adjustable
iron sights. I have a RMR (Trijicon) ordered.

Anyhow, I shoot the G40 as well as I shoot my G21's. Until I got the G40,
I was most accurate with my G21SF and gen 4.

My biggest issue with 10mm is the cost of ammo since I don't roll my own.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the info! I'm glad I live in a free state!
Any thoughts on what a fair price for a new 40 should be?
I saw one today at my LGS for $659. Seems like a good price.
View Quote
For a G40 MOS, 659$ isn't a bad price at all... best I've seen locally advertised was 699$.  Frequently I've seen asking prices of 729$ on the 40 MOS.

Are you Blue Label eligible?  You should be able to get it under 659$ if so but it would likely take a bit of time to locate one in your region.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My biggest issue with 10mm is the cost of ammo since I don't roll my own.
View Quote
That is just plain crazy talk.
Initial outlay is a couple of hundred bucks for a decent package... it obviously goes up the fancier you get.

You can get rolling with an 'okay' setup in an O-Frame from Lee for cheap.  (I'd suggest only going single stage with Lee... their turrets and progressives are a bit wonky).
Stepping up to a good progressive isn't cheap, but in the long run a good single stage is great to have around.

I load all my handgun rounds as well as 5.56 and 7.62 on a Dillon now, but I have an O-Frame from Lee that I use for non-5.56/7.62 rifle rounds.... if I do my part, my Lee is capable of making 'Match Grade' rifle rounds.

I've probably spent 4 or 5 grand saving money on reloading just in equipment costs by now.  But with factory pricing on .45-70, .375H&H, .416Rigby, .44Rem Mag and other rounds being so crazy high, I probably have actually saved money.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:15:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I fo'd! With 3% cash discount it came to $640. They also included 1 month free use of their range.
Nice deal!
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
To get optimal performance out of the cartridge and be able to shoot without a second mortgage the only way to fly is to set up to reload. I still use a tried and true rugged easy to operate single state press for all my reloading roughly 1k a month loaded. Go to gun shows and find a used press powder measure and scale - usually can get started for well under $150 bucks. You will easily save that much in the first 500 rounds loaded.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
To get optimal performance out of the cartridge and be able to shoot without a second mortgage the only way to fly is to set up to reload. I still use a tried and true rugged easy to operate single state press for all my reloading roughly 1k a month loaded. Go to gun shows and find a used press powder measure and scale - usually can get started for well under $150 bucks. You will easily save that much in the first 500 rounds loaded.
View Quote
I need to find somebody I trust, who knows reloading and go to a gun show so I can get the stuff.

My problem is since I'm new at reloading, I don't know (yet), what I'm looking at. That's just the beginning.
Then, there is operating said equipment. etc etc.

I know I can get books for recipes and so forth. And the types powder etc etc. Then, prep of the casing; washer etc etc
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I need to find somebody I trust, who knows reloading and go to a gun show so I can get the stuff.

My problem is since I'm new at reloading, I don't know (yet), what I'm looking at. That's just the beginning.
Then, there is operating said equipment. etc etc.

I know I can get books for recipes and so forth. And the types powder etc etc. Then, prep of the casing; washer etc etc
View Quote
Hop on Amazon and buy a couple of loading manuals.  The 9th edition Hornady manual is cheap as they recently put out the 10th.  The Lee manual is piss cheap and has a ton of loads (as well as general reloading info). I end up buying all the new manuals as they come out, but the prior editions get sold cheap and the info is still good... it's just not the most current.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a G35 G4 MOS with the 10rd mags for $487 from Buds.  I live in a free state but at that price I won't argue.  Buds price is $700 something but I make an offer of that price and it got accepted.  Found that deal on slickguns.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 7:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Thats a steal for a 40 mos, they also don't make a non MOS model in the 40 but i wish they did.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thats a steal for a 40 mos, they also don't make a non MOS model in the 40 but i wish they did.
View Quote
Yep. Already have a G4 20 and 29. If they offered the 40 with no MOS, I'd have one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Just bought my gen 4 G40 (black frame) from a local gun shop, sticker price was $699 and I was trading in another Glock on it so he dropped $30 off the sticker price. I felt he would have done better on an outright purchase.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#14]
in S.A, T.X we have a SAXET gun show 1st of every month, i have seen them go for $580 plus tax for the mos.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Thats below the dealer cost I see, so someone must be getting a good volume deal from glock. Picking my 40 up tomorrow for 699+tax
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top