Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2017 11:48:01 PM EDT
Looking to maybe add the "gill" looking slide top serrations from ATEI. Without getting into a debate on whether you press check or not, or whether press checking is *** or not,

How well do these work 'grabbing' the meat of your hand in the web between your thumb and index finger? Not a huge fan aesthetically of the side serrations. Wondering if only the top with offer enough purchase to press check, along with its other 'primary' function.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several guns (Glocks and M&Ps) that Doug at ATEi has worked his magic on. In my opinion if you want serrations for press checks the side serrations are the best option bar none. If you don't like them cosmetically Doug now offers them around the factory engraving so the words will stay and the serrations are around them. I had my factory engraving cut through for the most purchase on the serrations and the looks don't bother me as I did it strictly for press checks and the do that phenomenally.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have several guns (Glocks and M&Ps) that Doug at ATEi has worked his magic on. In my opinion if you want serrations for press checks the side serrations are the best option bar none. If you don't like them cosmetically Doug now offers them around the factory engraving so the words will stay and the serrations are around them. I had my factory engraving cut through for the most purchase on the serrations and the looks don't bother me as I did it strictly for press checks and the do that phenomenally.
View Quote
I second this. The side serrations make a huge difference, especially when cut to full depth (i.e. Not milled down to remove height and the remaining factory engraving) they give you the bite that is needed to really be able to easily manipulate the slide. To me the top serrations are less important for a press check and more for a one handed rack, which is also basically made irrelevant by the addition of an RMR. Racking the slide off the RMR housing is very easy and effective.

But those top serrations sure are pretty. I'd say if your going to do any of it, get all of it. You certainly won't regret it once you get it paid for.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top