Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did it catch on overseas?
View Quote
Mexico would be a good market for it.  To bad the one gun store is all the way in Mexico City.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Illegal in Mexico.  

380 is the most they can have.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mexico would be a good market for it.  To bad the one gun store is all the way in Mexico City.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did it catch on overseas?
.45 Caliber Projectiles are verboten.

.38 Caliber or less. Hence the popular with of .38 Super.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Illegal in Mexico.  

View Quote
Not true.

.38 Super is legal in Mexico. So is .38 S&W Special for revolvers. The restrictions is they cannot own "military calibers". The Mexican Government placed a restrictions on anything over .38 and of course listed specific cartridges like 9x19mm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Illegal in Mexico.  

View Quote
Not true.

.38 Super is legal in Mexico. So is .38 S&W Special for revolvers. The restrictions is they cannot own "military calibers". The Mexican Government placed a restrictions on anything over .38 and of course listed specific cartridges like 9x19mm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#6]
38 Super is not legal in Mexico anymore.

The gobierno decided that it was too much since it was more powerful than the 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some police agencies wanted 45.

But some (females especially) couldn't handle the larger size 45acp pistols grip size.

So, they made a 45 cartridge that fit into the smaller frame pistols.
View Quote
this

the local state police use it around here.  its for the womenz  
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
38 Super is not legal in Mexico anymore.

The gobierno decided that it was too much since it was more powerful than the 9mm.
View Quote
News to me. Last I spoke with my contacts down there they still have their .38 Super 1911s. Maybe it is a grandfathered thing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Well sure they still have 'em.  They may be grandfathered in some way, but they've been outlawed for about 50 years.  

I know of full auto ARs, AKs, Glocks, Beretta 92s, shitload of 1911s in ACP and Super.

Lotsa guns in Mexico.  None of 'em legal to leave the house and no real legal way to shoot 'em.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well sure they still have 'em.  They may be grandfathered in some way, but they've been outlawed for about 50 years.  

I know of full auto ARs, AKs, Glocks, Beretta 92s, shitload of 1911s in ACP and Super.

Lotsa guns in Mexico.  None of 'em legal to leave the house and no real legal way to shoot 'em.
View Quote
Much of the world is like that. Go to Europe and plently of folks have shit stashed in attics and basements. A lot of it was done by the war vets themselves. I bet you there are a shit ton of guns floating around in European homes where the current homeowners don't even know what's in their crawl spaces and walls.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top