Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2017 3:42:32 PM EDT
I posted this in GD, but its hard to keep anyone's attention in there.  Hopefully you guys can appreciate it.

The technical name is "Elite Earth" which intrigued me enough to take a chance on this color scheme.  Figured what the heck, at worst it would just be a brown Glock--works for me. But after I got it home and was taking pics, it struck me how many different colors it looked like. Gray, Green, Tan, FDE...
The pics show a broad color spectrum (to my eye, anyways) depending on the background and lighting. I'm digging it!
These pics are all the same gun, even though it doesn't look like it.  It's a good companion to my Gray framed Gen4 19.

ETA:  Learned that "Elite" was the type of Cerakote and "Earth" was the color, according to their (cerakote's) site
Item number/SKU on the Glock box was "UG1950203EA"

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, love how many different shades it appears under different lights and backgrounds...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 4:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I like  
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:04:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Missed the GD thread.  Did you do it yourself or send it off somewhere?

Looks very cool.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I really dig that.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:07:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I like that color, as it is different and not something you always see. Are the frames cerakoted as well or are they like the 320 frames and are colored like that through and through.[center][/center
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The whole thing is cerakoted--frame and slide. The backstraps are still black.

It wasn't done at the factory, but I didn't send it off anywhere either. It's one of the special color runs from a supplier from what I'm gathering.

Gotta figure out which trigger to put in--I've had a ghost 3.5 before in a RTF 17, and it was great. But I'm eyeing a Zev fulcrum, or one of the new CMC units.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:02:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a ZEV fulcrum in my 34 and love it. I only use it for recreation but plan on using it for competition. The trigger pull is light and super smooth with the additional striker springs and supplied trigger connector(although it states for competition use only).
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Double tap sorry
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks good, who did the cericoat job?
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 9:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Love me some USA stamped Glocks.. of any color!
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good, who did the cericoat job?
View Quote
I don't know who did the work--it came in the box this way
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:08:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like  
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:01:17 PM EDT
[#15]
It looks amazing. I'm wondering if "Elite Earth" is a custom mix from the place you got it from. Cerakote doesn't list that color in their new Elite series.

**I found it, but damn if it doesn't look like a mix of colors. I can see the different browns contrasting and appearing shades different depending upon lighting and backgrounds. It's really impressive seeing that appear green as well. Almost like seeing a car painted with that pear paint where it's blue / purple /black / dark cherry, all depending upon the lighting. **
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:00:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Glock seems to be doing a lot of "out of the box" cerakote.  Saw one yesterday that had the grey frame but the slide looked like titanium cerakote.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 6:21:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tell you guys what.

We're having a deal on all FDE work in the group buy section. I'm about to place our weekly order and if you guys are interested, perhaps I can put a bug in someones ear about doing work for you guys in this color and also get you our discount. It's close enough to FDE, right?

How many would be interested in it? Just need to determine if we need a full gallon.
View Quote
How much would it cost for full coverage on the gun? This cerakoted model was for sale in an email I got from grabagun for $549. I paid a little more from my local dealer, but not enough to sweat it.  I'm curious to see what it would cost to have some of my other black guns (rifles & handguns) done in that color.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tell you guys what.

We're having a deal on all FDE work in the group buy section. I'm about to place our weekly order and if you guys are interested, perhaps I can put a bug in someones ear about doing work for you guys in this color and also get you our discount. It's close enough to FDE, right?

How many would be interested in it? Just need to determine if we need a full gallon.
View Quote
You might as well get the gallon.  Always be ready.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 8:43:44 PM EDT
[#21]
That's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 12:53:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Wow, that color does change. I'm colorblind as fuck and I see it.

That is a badass color. Nice Glock bro
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Oddly enough, the Elite colors haven't been as popular as we had expected and we're sitting on a ton of it already.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might as well get the gallon.  Always be ready.
Oddly enough, the Elite colors haven't been as popular as we had expected and we're sitting on a ton of it already.
They aren't really marketing it that much.  I saw 1 e-mail and maybe a banner ad or two.  Maybe they are banking on applicators like yourself doing the leg work.  Everyone is just used to their normal colors.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They aren't really marketing it that much.  I saw 1 e-mail and maybe a banner ad or two.  Maybe they are banking on applicators like yourself doing the leg work.  Everyone is just used to their normal colors.
View Quote
I wonder why?  From what I saw from the "Elite" coating, it's more durable.  Maybe it's really new?  Or maybe they don't want to cannibalize the sales of the current product that they have ample supply of.  Doesn't make sense to me if you have a better product, why not make people aware of it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 3:18:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wow, that color does change. I'm colorblind as fuck and I see it.

That is a badass color. Nice Glock bro
View Quote
Thanks--

From my GD thread, it was pointed out that it's most likely my camera that's highlighting the different color attributes in relation to the light and the background.

Regardless, it looks different to my eyes depending on the above conditions.  I think the camera just accentuates it.  

I really love this pistol though.  It's my first cerakoted gun, and I really like the texture of it, too.  Almost like a silicon feel to it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
I got one too, it really is a cool chameleon.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top