Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/28/2017 10:00:22 AM EDT
I think that most of us already heard about the 17s and 19s with forward slide serrations, but it's good to see OD making a comeback. I might need an OD 43 to keep the black one company.

This morning marks the opening of the 2017 NRA Annual Meeting, which is being held in Atlanta.  To mark this occasion GLOCK will be announcing a special production run of pistols for the summer.  Because you are a member of the GLOCK Sport Shooting Foundation, we wanted you to hear the news first, from us, before the general public finds out.

The Summer Specials feature a number of pistols and features the GLOCK community has been asking for.  These include G17 Gen4 and G19 Gen4 pistols with front serrations, steel sights, and extended controls. Our Summer Specials also include a return of the G17L and the G24, as well as the introduction of Gen4 editions of the G17C and G19C.  We are also producing the G17 Gen4, G19 Gen4, G42, and G43 with factory-installed night sights.  In addition to these pistols, we are producing a series of pistols with Olive Drab frames: the G43; G26 in Gen3 and Gen4 models; and the G17, G19, and G34 in Gen3, Gen4, and Gen4 MOS configurations.

These pistols will be available at your favorite GLOCK dealer beginning in June and throughout the summer.  We hope you will go in to see them and try them.

Thank you for your continued support.        

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Was hoping to see a Gen 5.

Notices these are still the 3 pin frame guns unlike what we seen a few months back with the supposed gen 5 guns back to 2 pins.

Also noticed the 17L & 24 on their. I wonder if those are now a standard production model. And available for the LE discount program?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd like to see a gen4 17L.  That would be cool, these are still gen3 though.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Lipseys website updated with a bunch of stuff as well.  Rebuilt Gen 2's, grey and fde RTF2 guns, etc.  Going to be a good summer for the cats that like the older guns!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:15:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yet they won't get rid of the f'n finger grooves.  

Pure brilliance
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Disappointing. They know everyone is waiting for the M / Gen 5 models. 
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Exactly what I came to post.  I originally had 2 pistols rumored to be out in 2017 that I was highly anticipating.  Now, only one.  And it's not a glock.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:46:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I think the Glock community has taken off more than their far share of fingers grooves, you would think at some point they would stop putting finger grooves on their pistol.

"The Summer Specials feature a number of pistols and features the GLOCK community has been asking for."
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Talking to one of the reps at the show today, he said "We wanted to bring the "M" models to the show but they just weren't ready for the civilian market yet. But you be seeing them soon."  He paused and added "Actually very soon"

FWIW
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#9]
OD 19 in my future
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Will the OD look like the babyshit brown OD of the Gen 3 guns, or like the Battlefield Green that we saw with the Gen 4s?

I want a Battlefield Green MOS 17 or 34 in the worst possible way.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
So variations on what they already have with nothing truly new.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
The "M" models are for an unspecified client.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#13]
such innovation
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 3:55:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Talking to one of the reps at the show today, he said "We wanted to bring the "M" models to the show but they just weren't ready for the civilian market yet. But you be seeing them soon."  He paused and added "Actually very soon"

FWIW
View Quote
AH thats disappointing. I was holding out for one. I realize not everyone is as psyched on the new generation, but being a lefty, the ambi slide stop is really a big deal for me. Particularly in IDPA for example.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:05:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The forward serrations on the one in front look slanted.  Optical illusion?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#16]
I might get a few more OD. But, I'm not gonna shell out for some dam front serrations.

I want the freakin "M" models.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Great! New interesting Glock models. Really interesting ones (G24).

Just what I can't have in California, because Glock has not submitted anything from the Gen 4 lineup to the California Department of Justice for drop and other safety testing, nor do they have loaded chamber indicators.

It stinks living on the left coast with only ten round magazines. Doubles magazine changes on most local USPSA stages.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:54:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah I was waiting myself.

A 19C Gen 4 and 34 Gen 4 OD is cool though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess I'll get an OD 17 to pair with my FDE 17.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:25:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Are these compensated Gen 4 Glocks available with the front serrations?

I see one or the other in the above photos, but not both.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just what I can't have in California, because Glock has not submitted anything from the Gen 4 lineup to the California Department of Justice for drop and other safety testing, nor do they have loaded chamber indicators.
View Quote
My Gen 3 and later Glocks have loaded chamber indicators. Does CA require it to have some sort of visual : color indicator like HK or something?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
such innovation
View Quote
Yep...& all 9mm.....that's racist yo!
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:06:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Not interested in the FSS. Hope they won't become standard. Was hoping for a G4 17L.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Great! New interesting Glock models. Really interesting ones (G24).

It stinks living on the left coast with only ten round magazines. Doubles magazine changes on most local USPSA stages.
View Quote
As I heard it, gen 3 is only being kept alive for CA market. No plans to submit new gens to CADOJ. But...you never know. CA is still a big market.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As I heard it, gen 3 is only being kept alive for CA market. No plans to submit new gens to CADOJ. But...you never know. CA is still a big market.
View Quote
They have contracts for Gen 3 pistols for SOCOM, I don't think they are going anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They have contracts for Gen 3 pistols for SOCOM, I don't think they are going anywhere.
View Quote
why wouldn't high speed operators want the gen 4's?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:why wouldn't high speed operators want the gen 4's?
View Quote
It's more of a question of what does the G4 have to offer that would justify the administrative and logistical ass-pain that would be required to negotiate a new contract or to change an existing one.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's more of a question of what does the G4 have to offer that would justify the administrative and logistical ass-pain that would be required to negotiate a new contract or to change an existing one.  

~Augee
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:why wouldn't high speed operators want the gen 4's?

~Augee
Gen 4s were in existence long before that selection was made. The units involved made a choice of the Gen 3, or else that's what Glock offered them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yet they won't get rid of the f'n finger grooves.  

Pure brilliance
View Quote
I like them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I like them.
View Quote
^there is a glock mod among us!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Gen 4s were in existence long before that selection was made. The units involved made a choice of the Gen 3, or else that's what Glock offered them.
View Quote
You're just talking about the most recent contract. Glocks have been in the SOCOM inventory since before the introduction of the Gen 4. You're suggesting that they should add a second variant of a pistol that's already in the inventory that does not maintain commonality of parts. The Gen 3s work fine, and they probably saw no reason to add that additional complication to the sustainment system.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So variations on what they already have with nothing truly new.
View Quote
Are you somehow surprised? Every single Glock made is just a variation of the original G17
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You're just talking about the most recent contract. Glocks have been in the SOCOM inventory since before the introduction of the Gen 4. You're suggesting that they should add a second variant of a pistol that's already in the inventory that does not maintain commonality of parts. The Gen 3s work fine, and they probably saw no reason to add that additional complication to the sustainment system.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.

To which contract are your referring?  

Glocks have been in service long before the change to Gen. 4 was made.  We're talking about old news here, the "shiny object" of some public announcements of stuff that had already been happening anyways and some recent contract awards and expansions is just that.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I want a gen 3 factory FS, OD green with factory threaded barrel
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Outstanding! I have a terrible feeling that a OD Green 17 + 19 will be added into the fold. I unfortunately missed out on the first and second runs of the OD green offerings.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Wow, that looks awful.
View All Quotes
Just doesn't look right to me either.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'd like to see a gen4 17L.  That would be cool, these are still gen3 though.
View Quote
I would buy a Gen 4 17L in OD right now if they made it. 
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Kinda like upgrading your Glock with pin stripes. To each his own I guess.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:33:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know if the green models will be available at any dealer or are they a distributor special? If they are available at any dealer does anyone know if the greens will be available with their blue label program?
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#43]
My local Blue Label dealer told me two days ago that Glock does not offer any colored pistols through the Blue Label program (I'd heard that hear before also). I believe most Glock dealers can order them from a distributor, but the question is how much yours will charge. I'm sure others know better how it works.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:24:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Would like a wolf grey color
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#45]
I feel like Glock is starting to fall behind the times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:14:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I like that they put the 34 release on the FS 19/17
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:01:53 PM EDT
[#47]
That's just the Glock factory extended slide locking lever. It's not specific to any model, but it is interesting to see on these models. Not sure how often they've included it on factory pistols before.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:19:21 PM EDT
[#48]
A 19C and 17C will be added to my safe no doubt.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:41:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoke with Glock, they won't even sell one via Blue Label.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:39:17 AM EDT
[#50]
FCS suck. 

I'm a big fan of OD though. 

It it is pretty boring waiting for Glock to come up with something, but then I realize that I'm really happy with my Gen4's and I don't care as much anymore. I've never been one to jump on a new bandwagon anyway. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top