Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2017 1:54:14 AM EDT
Bought a G19 with a stippled lower years ago. Wonder if Glock would take it and give me a new one for a nominal fee?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Probably. They don't recycle the trade-ins, they just destroy them.

Your stippled frame will likely just be considered an especially-badly-abused return.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes for $100.

I've done it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:09:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's see the bad frame.  You can easily fix bad stippling with spade bit in the $8 wood burning kit from Harbor Freight.  I've done it.  You just smooth it all down flat and start over.  I took a butchered gen2 17 frame and made it into something really functional and much better looking.

The copper bit in the middle is what you use
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
upgraded my stippled gen2 19 frame to a Gen 3 19 frame last week.  Cost me $100 + $6 in GA Sales tax (did the deal in person).
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it was the Glock Store had stripped lowers 50 bucks each it you bought 4 & you could mix & match.

Key two words here guys "I think"
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 10:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
upgraded my stippled gen2 19 frame to a Gen 3 19 frame last week.  Cost me $100 + $6 in GA Sales tax (did the deal in person).
View Quote
If the Glock 19 Gen-3 frame has all the parts in it, that was a great deal. I paid $75 for a stripped Glock 19 Gen-3 frame on GunBroker, + shipping, + FFL fee + lower parts kit + locking-block, which was not included in the lower parts kit (which I was not aware of). I think I ended up with well over $150 in the completed G19 G-3 lower. 

I also noticed that the Glock Store website, (in California), had the stripped frames for $75, but they charge a mandatory $40 flat-rate next-day shipping fee to your FFL, which doesn't include the FFL fee. 

I will admit I enjoyed assembling the Glock 19 lower, which I had never done before, but have come to the conclusion that buying the complete pistol is more economical than buying parts separately and building a complete pistol. But where is the fun in that?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I also noticed that the Glock Store website, (in California), had the stripped frames for $75, but they charge a mandatory $40 flat-rate next-day shipping fee to your FFL
View Quote
 F'ing gougers
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:30:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yes for $100.

I've done it.
View Quote
Hmm, this makes the stippled 34 on the EE much more appealing now...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:11:45 AM EDT
[#9]
that is good to know thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#10]
I called Glock last month. I took a butchered gen 2 23 in trade and it ate my hand. They said not a problem til they found out I'm from MA. Since dealers can't sell them here they will only replace the frame under warranty. I asked what part of the frame I should hit with a hammer. She laughed and said have a nice day. I cleaned it up immensely but still not happy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top