Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2017 9:02:38 PM EDT
got a rugged obsidian in NFA jail.

Looking to get a threaded barrel  for it for the g19.

I would prefer reliability over all the fancy stuff, match barrels with super tight chambers and all arent too important to me if it compromises its feeding ability.

so what do you suggest? price is not a problem.

ive heard good things about KKM and blacklist.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
If price is no problem go KKM. I like my SiCo
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a threaded Zev barrel for my G19 Glock and it is awesome.  It is very accurate, comes in black, chrome, and bronze.   Looks great, tight lockup, and you can get them for a good price from DSGarms most weeks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife has a PSA barrel in her 19, no problems.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put my first 100rds (reloads) through my new Silencerco barrel.  No issues whatsoever.  It's plenty accurate too.  I'm very satisfied with it so far.  They're still on sale at Brownells for $149.99 fwiw.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Hope this helps, Barrel Race

I had a factory glock threaded barrel, multiple zev barrels, and a black list barrel.

I would say the zev barrels looked the best, but accuracy wise, they are more accurate than I am.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:36:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hope this helps, Barrel Race

I had a factory glock threaded barrel, multiple zev barrels, and a black list barrel.

I would say the zev barrels looked the best, but accuracy wise, they are more accurate than I am.
View Quote
thanks for the link.

i seriously doubt i will gain any accuracy from a barrel, like you said, they are more accurate than i am.

Mostly looking for reliability above all else i guess
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#7]
just picked up an ATI barrel.  Pretty impressed with the fit & finish -- no range session yet though.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

Go bronze, dimpled.... just saying.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Lone Wolf Barrel with a Gemtech Tundra attached.  It seems to do great with a few hundred rounds through it
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:48:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Storm Lake barrel dropped right in, reliable from get go and noticeable accuracy increase from stock barrel.  With a 45 osprey, my g19 runs very well with no alterations except the barrel.  Bought the black coated barrel on sale, and like others the finish wears off the inside in stages.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just put my first 100rds (reloads) through my new Silencerco barrel.  No issues whatsoever.  It's plenty accurate too.  I'm very satisfied with it so far.  They're still on sale at Brownells for $149.99 fwiw.
View Quote
Been looking for a threaded barrel and I decided to FO on the SiCo G19 barrell (1/2x28) from Brownells.

Use the promo code LDD and not only does it take another $10 off (dropping the price to $139.99), but you also get free shipping (- $7.95)

So its another ~$17.95 off.

;-)
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:55:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I am going against the grain and recommending a factory barrel.  I've noticed there are two types (at least) with one having fewer threads than the other.  They both work fine.  The threads are left-handed though so something to keep in mind.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:17:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm kind of shocked that no one has suggested this - get a factory barrel.
I had a glock 19. I had paid 475 for it. I sold it for 450 and bought a factory new threaded 19 for 490 with suppressor sights online. Not only is this likely the most economical route - it gives you a factory setup. Yes it has weird euro threads. No big deal. You'll like have a second piston.
Honestly, any way you go, you're going to love this. I own a lot of guns. My suppressed G19 is my favorite.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:27:45 PM EDT
[#15]
I have Gemtech threaded barrels in my 3rd Gen glock 19 and 17. No problems. Accuracy seems to be the same as the factory barrels. I thought I read they are actually made by Lone Wolf for Gemtech. Not sure it it's true, but I do like them. They are black and they either don't have a logo, or its on the bottom out of sight, can't remember which. I use them with my SWR Trident 9 or AAC Tirant 9. 100% with both with all kinds of different loose ammo.

James
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 1:07:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Silencer Loft
I got a threaded barrel for my G19 from them, liked it so much got one for my G17, btw they are only $99.00 and both work great.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 5:46:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Silencer Loft
I got a threaded barrel for my G19 from them, liked it so much got one for my G17, btw they are only $99.00 and both work great.
View Quote
I don't see any threaded Glock bbls on their website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top