Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 8:05:04 PM EDT
I tried finding info. on the forum and could not find much on google and am needing help from the members here. I bought a ZEV slide for a G34 and was wanting to know if there are any options, other than a Trijicon rmr, for it. I am only using this pistol for my own enjoyment and serves no other role. I would like to get a Trijicon rmr but cannot afford/justify something like that. Anyone have any ideas what other sights fit the ZEV slides? Any help would be more than appreciated,thanks.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I called about the Delta point pro on Zev slides and I was told by Zev that they are cut for RMR sights only (Delta point was a custom option but pricey though).  I think you're out of luck on that one unless something else shares the same footprint and screw locations as an RMR?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Zev slides are milled for RMR's only.  You could add the cover plate and just use irons for now, or sell the Zev slide and have your original slide milled for the optic of your choice.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have RMRs on mine.  I wait until skmeone runs a 20% off sale site wide and buy them at a reduced price.  I got mine for around $425.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 10:54:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have RMRs on mine.  I wait until skmeone runs a 20% off sale site wide and buy them at a reduced price.  I got mine for around $425.
View Quote
That's a good price for an RMR, especially if it's an 06/07.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:10:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the head's up on that. Is there a website for skmeone?
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The websites that run RMR sales that I have used were galls.com and preppergunshop.com

Both had 25-30% off optics.  I also got a Trijicon MRO with tall mount for $425.

I have an RM01 led that stays on and auto adjusts brightness, a 1 MOA led RMR, and a 9 MOA dual illumination model with green dot.   I like them all, but prefer the dual illumination as there are no batteries to worry about and it's less expensive.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have any preferences to size or model? I know it is a relative term.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:17:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry double tap
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#9]
The 3.25 MOA dot size for carry or standard shooting.  1 MOA for competition or accuracy shooting, and 6-9 MOA for rifles, shotguns, or close quarters work.

I prefer the always on model RM01, and also like the dual illumination with green triangle or green dot.  Don't get amber as it is hard to see in sunlight when shooting from shade.  Green stands out much better.

Quoted:
Does anyone have any preferences to size or model? I know it is a relative term.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#10]
You could get an airsoft rmr clone and it will fit

You can afford the zev slide and not the rmr? I was going to go zev and got a complete mos glock for slide cost and my rmr cheap on amazon

Zev slides are pricey
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:30:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The only reason I was able to get the ZEV slide was that I sold the oem slide/barrel which pretty much covered the cost of the ZEV slide. I had a barrel already and the rmr is more of an after thought. It's not that I can't afford it but to justify the cost of it. The ones I originally looked at were around $550.00-600.00 or more, which is a lot for just a hobby gun/occasional shooter. $425.00 is better but didn't know about other options as it is all new to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Think of it as a rental fee.  Buy it, shoot it for a while, and then sell it later and move on to something else.  It's not $500.  It's about $150 and then you get to buy something else for $350 later with the same $$.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep in mind that if you do add an RMR to your Zev slide, you should make sure you have suppressor height sights on there.  Otherwise you won't be able to see your iron sights through the RMR as the factory height slides sit too low.   Many Zev slides that come with all the internals include .300 height co-witness sights that work great.  But if your slide didn't come with sights, as many of the $500 ones don't, you will need to buy the suppressor height sights.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I wound up trading with another member here for some sights that are the correct height for cowitness,(one of those things the other member mentioned to me and glad I listened). I guess all in all, it will cost me regardless for the sight. I thought about just getting a standard slide and sending it off to get milled, refinished and have  a spot for an optic on it but the ZEV slide already had everything I wanted and it didn't hurt I got a great deal on it from USATAC(shameless reference but just trying to pass on a good deal to other members).
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't forget about the trigger.  Stock Glock triggers leave much to be desired.  ZEV slides usually come with the nice striker already, and adding a Zev Fulcrum trigger makes it amazing.   If your striker is polished stainless color, it already is upgraded to Zev's and you don't need the Ultimate Fulcrum trigger, just the standard as the only difference is the ultimate comes with the new striker.   Usually Zev slides have the striker already, so it saves you about $75.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:38:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I wound up trading with another member here for some sights that are the correct height for cowitness,(one of those things the other member mentioned to me and glad I listened). I guess all in all, it will cost me regardless for the sight. I thought about just getting a standard slide and sending it off to get milled, refinished and have  a spot for an optic on it but the ZEV slide already had everything I wanted and it didn't hurt I got a great deal on it from USATAC(shameless reference but just trying to pass on a good deal to other members).
View Quote
I also ordered from USATAC a month or so ago. The first order went through flawlessly.  Had such a great experience, I ordered my prizefighter slide, got a tracking number the following day just like the first order.  Only to track it and say it's been delivered 2 days later to an address in California. I called USATAC and they said they gave me the wrong tracking and they they don't actually have the slide in stock and it will be back ordered through zev and dropped shipped directly from them.  Took 3 additional weeks but it finally came in.  Overall just happy to get the slide in. Then I made the mistake of giving them a 3rd chance, I ordered sights and mag releases. They "shipped" within 2 days. Tracking never moved, just said "picked up" from USPS for 2 weeks. I called but no one picked up. I emailed, and got the same response each time, "I'll get you an answer ASAP" but never following back up. Finally I emailed them a couple days ago, asking if maybe they can look into the order b/c it hasn't "moved" since they "shipped" it weeks prior and they never followed up on my previous answer.  Their response to me, "To save you from your anxiety, we will cancel your order" and I am waiting for the money to actually be refunded since my account didn't show any movement. I sent the "refund" email to my credit card company and told them to handle it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:49:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The 3.25 MOA dot size for carry or standard shooting.  1 MOA for competition or accuracy shooting, and 6-9 MOA for rifles, shotguns, or close quarters work.

I prefer the always on model RM01, and also like the dual illumination with green triangle or green dot.  Don't get amber as it is hard to see in sunlight when shooting from shade.  Green stands out much better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
You need to look at them yourself, it's all personal preference, I don't agree with any of this.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 12:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
^^^You are right but I will have plenty of time to research it while saving up for one. Thanks guys for the info..
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You need to look at them yourself, it's all personal preference, I don't agree with any of this.
View Quote
I too do not agree with this and I own probably 9 RMR's of various models. And have shot them as primary optics on a rifle, secondary on a rifle, and cowitness and non cowitness on pistols
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 7:51:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Preppergunshop has the sale on RMRs again.  Add it to your cart and it will take off over $120.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Preppergunshop has the sale on RMRs again.  Add it to your cart and it will take off over $120.
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up, but dang, I don't need another one.  Bought one from Dsg arms a week ago during the 15% off sale and it came to be the same price.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Do you have to sign in to get the discount and are there any ones in particular that get it?
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Do you have to sign in to get the discount and are there any ones in particular that get it?
View Quote
When I went to the website it was the RMR06 and 07 that had a "sale" sign on the item. When added to cart, it reads 600+ bucks, but when you look at the total of your order at the bottom, it takes off 132 bucks or so, which puts it at around 469.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top