Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2017 8:49:38 PM EDT
I'm really considering getting a 43 for CCW. I currently have and use a 19 and 26 as my CCWs. However after a full day, the 26, and especially the 19 really get uncomfortable. They are still doable, I just want something that feels better. I have a GSSF coupon coming and am really considering the 43. Those that have had or currently do have, what are your likes about it? Dislikes? Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it.

Wife and I have sequential serial number 43s.

I carry mine in a GCode appendix holster. Disappears under just a tshirt.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
DELETE, THANKS
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#3]
DELETE
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Do it, and get a Streamlight TLR-6.  Now you have 7 rounds of 9mm +P and a light in a package the size of a .380.

I've had mine about a year and carry it every day.  My wife has a 42 that I really like as well, practically zero recoil.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I picked up one used tonite.  Thankfully it has the newest connector in it.  Did a trigger polish on it and it's sweet now!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
OP what belt and holster are you wearing?

I have a G43 w/ a TLR-6 but have not started carrying it yet.  Still want to vet it and shoot it more.  If you want a smaller side arm and you like the G43 go for it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I like mine, no regrets.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:19:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I too can carry my G19 without too much issue, but it does start to weigh down after awhile The G43 at just over 20 oz fully loaded, is a pleasure to carry. I carry at 2 - 2:30 o'clock in a OSW holster with untucked shirt or sweat shirt with zero printing and I forget it's there. After a bit of practice, I can shoot it near as well as my G19.

Believe me, I've tried just about every carry gun and holster combo out there. From full sized 1911 to Sig P238 and SW 642. The G43 is the best trade off in fire power vs carry ease I've found.  Go for it. Maybe get the TALO version if you can find one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Do it.  I have three 43s.  One to carry, one to shoot the Hell out of, one spare/wife gun.

They are actually the only handguns I own right now.

I have tested mine extensively with Gold Dot 124 standard and +p, and HST 147 standard and +p.  They run 100% with that ammo.  

I shoot mine well out to 15-20 yards depending on lighting.  It's a handful, splits are slower than with a 19 or 17, but it's substantially smaller.  

I carry mine AIWB in a JM Custom.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Sold mine and got a Walther PPS M2. Like it much better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, I Mexican carry one in the small of my back quite often in a Glock-tec holster. I have pretty large hands and surprised how well I can shoot it. I ended up buying one for my daughter last year as well.
The Pearce +1 is a must and I also added a Ghost connector.  Love it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]
How does the G43 compare to a Kahr PM9?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 12:35:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Had a PM9 about 8-9 years ago and sold it because I just couldn't shoot it well. It hurt my hand and shots were all over the place. I also had feed issues which were common at the time, but I think Kahr may have fixed that. The PM9 and G43 are about the same size, but for some reason I can get a better grip on the G43 ergo I shoot it better. Of course there are those that will report just the opposite.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 1:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP what belt and holster are you wearing?

I have a G43 w/ a TLR-6 but have not started carrying it yet.  Still want to vet it and shoot it more.  If you want a smaller side arm and you like the G43 go for it.
View Quote

My current setup is a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. My belt is a Wilderness riggers belt. I switched from the 19 to the 26 mainly because the half inch on the butt extra that the 19 has was wearing holes in my shirts from rubbing when sitting and what not. I still carry the 19, but prefer my 26. The 43 I figured is pretty much dimensionally similar to the 26 in height and length. However in weight and width is the savings. None the less, I am pretty certain I will be using my coupon for one. If I don't like it, it'll go into the back for a rainy day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How does the G43 compare to a Kahr PM9?
View Quote

Similar in size but much different triggers.  Sold my pm9 long ago due its propensity to drop mags.

My 43 had night sights installed and the icing was the $50 flat trigger shoe which made a huge difference in the feel of trigger.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm very happy with mine.  It conceals well.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#17]
It's quite torque-y and jumpy.
Try it next to a Shield before you buy.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I like it a LOT more than the G26. It's not exactly comfortable to shoot, but it's not horrible either.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:48:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure you will like it, but I would say go shoot 1 first.

I am a Glock guy... but honestly, The G42/G43's I don't like at all.

I bought a Shield for my small CCW gun and LOVE IT!  It's the only S&W I like more than it's Glock "counterpart".

You can't really go wrong with either the G43 or the Shield.  It just depends on which one you like / shoot better.  

When looking for a small CCW 9mm, I always tell people to go shoot both the G43 and the Shield and pick which one they like better.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I have and compete with multiple glocks. 26 19 17 34. Bought a 43 and couldn't shoot it very well at all!  So I sold it. Wanted something in that general size though so I looked at everything I could find locally. I enddd up with a kahr cw9.  I love it!!! For Ccw.  Once you get used to the trigger it is a great gun to shoot and carry.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Shoot one first. 
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:04:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My current setup is a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe. My belt is a Wilderness riggers belt. I switched from the 19 to the 26 mainly because the half inch on the butt extra that the 19 has was wearing holes in my shirts from rubbing when sitting and what not. I still carry the 19, but prefer my 26. The 43 I figured is pretty much dimensionally similar to the 26 in height and length. However in weight and width is the savings. None the less, I am pretty certain I will be using my coupon for one. If I don't like it, it'll go into the back for a rainy day.
View Quote

For me the G43 is very small compared to my hands but I am still able to shoot it well with some adjusting.  I undercut the trigger guard by rounding the edges of the trigger guard which really helped with the grip and my fat knuckles.  Good sights are a must for the 43 I wanted something a bit taller than the stock so I got Heinie Edge pro straight 8 night sights which also helped me shoot it much better because of the height and the width of the front sight.  Adding the TLR-6 added some weight I wanted in the pistol as I felt the pistol was to light and it gave me a weapon light plus a laser for point and shoot up close is fun.  As far as the trigger I sanded the face of my serrated trigger and smoothed out the hard edges and it feel like a G17 smooth face trigger shoe.  Swapped the Glock heavy connector with the factory "-" connector, added a lighter striker block spring, and cleaned up the trigger now it comes in right at 5-5.2# on my gauge.  I have a G-Code INCOG Eclipse for a holster which I am still working with to get it just the way I like it still a work in progress as I want to shoot the pistol more and get more miles on it before I carry it.  Magazines I have a few with Pearce +1 extensions and the Vickers Tango Down +2 extensions which I really like.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:05:01 AM EDT
[#23]
I am a Glock Fanboy, I normally carry a Glock 19.  I bought the 43 and was crowing about it to my brother who has a S&W Shield.  So, we went out to to shoot.

I had to admit, the Shield felt better to shoot, and I shot it better.  The 43 seemed "whippy".  I sold it and bought the Shield.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:23:24 AM EDT
[#24]
My wife has a Shield, and I have a G43.  The Shield might shoot a little softer, but I HATE the way the grip is shaped.  It's narrower at the back than the front, so to me it feels really awkward.  My wife prefers the smoother grip texture on the Shield (anything with the slightest amount of texture hurts her hands) and hates the "trigger dingus" safety on Glocks.  Both are great guns if you remove personal preferences from the equation, so you can't go wrong with whichever you prefer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Love my 43. Best carry gun I have owned in 10 years. perfect size and cal for everyday carry.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I like mine.  I like the size and feel.  I Think it shoots pretty nice for a small gun.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm very happy with mine.  It conceals well.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 12:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
You can't really go wrong with either the G43 or the Shield.  It just depends on which one you like / shoot better.
View Quote

I couldn't agree more. Both are great pistols, and I wouldn't consider buying one or the other without shooting them both side by side first. I rented both a couple times, and I went to the extent of buying a couple G43 mags and Pearce +1 and Vickers +2 extensions to see how the 43 felt with them. While I shot both of them about equally, I noticed the same thing that TheJeanyus said about the Shield grip. To me, it felt too narrow in width but too long front to back - it just didn't fit my hand well. The G43 felt much more comfortable in my hands, and since my primary is a G19, the function is very consistent and familiar.

Picked up my Blue Label G43 with factory night sights yesterday. Can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow! The one thing I'm going to attempt to change is to swap out the trigger shoe for a smooth one. Since the 42 trigger bar is slightly shorter, I'm going to have to see if I can remove the trigger pin and actually swap the smooth trigger shoe over to the 43 bar without breaking the shoe. I think if I drill a small hole on the closed end of the hole for the pin, I can push it out with a thin rod or wire, without compromising the structure of the shoe.

I'll probably end up trying out the Vickers mag release eventually too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I carry one all over for work, its so much nicer to carry than a double stack on a plane. Planeshave such narrow seats now it can be very uncomfortable with a double stack. I shoot mine very well and find it easier to shoot than any full sized .40 cal handgun. I can hit a tq15 target everytime at 50 yards and can put 60 out of 60 rounds in the 5 ring 80 percent of the time during qual, 1.5-25 yards. Its very capable, just depends on how competent the shooter is.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 6:15:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a 42 and a 43 - I had the 42 first and I still prefer it over the 43.

I absolutely hated my 43 when I got it, it's grown on me, but it's a different kind of pistol.

The 42 is smaller, more accurate, has less recoil, and allows much faster follow ups.  

The 42 and 43 may look dimensionally similar on paper but they feel much different in your hand.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 7:13:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Do it.

Wife and I have sequential serial number 43s.

View Quote
As do me and my wife. 
Although hers is ceracoated blue&flat aluminum. 
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:44:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I like my 43. I carry it IWB and even under a tight t-shirt it disappears.

I shot a Shield from S&W's custom shop. Their worked trigger is way better than a box stock 43.

If shooting both the Shield and the 43 to see which you prefer keep in mind comparing the Shield with the 8 round mag against the 43 with a 6 round magazine is not an apples to apples comparison.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do it

View Quote

This^^^
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I recently went through this and went with a no safety Shield---$80 less--more shots on tap--metal sights and just plain felt better --sealed the deal. And this comes from an owner of 3 G19's and a G20
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#35]
I somewhat like mine.
I just got it a week and a half ago. It shoots better for me than my shield does. However, it doesnt like my carry ammo. Ive been using Federal HST 124 gr and Ive had 4 ftf's in 48 rounds. Not good.
Hopefully its just a mag issue.
Anyway,  Im going to try switching back to Hornady Critical defense and see how that runs. It may do better since it has more of a conical shape than the hollow point HST's. Kinda sucks because I prefer my carry guns to run anything I put through them. As for now, I don't trust my life with this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#36]
If you have large hands, the SHIELD is a good value--but the grip is long front to back and it feels heavier and thicker than my G43 (with +2 mag)...kinda like how a P320 feels chunkier than a G19.

The G43 is my favorite carry 9mm.  I carry it more than anything (even my RM380).  That said, I have put on talon grip tape, new sights, TT +2 mag-bases, Agency trigger, a Ghost PRO 3.5 connector, and undercut the trigger-guard.  People always comment on how the trigger is the best they've ever felt on a semi-auto (which is saying a lot compared to how it came, with a gritty 6.5# pull).

I actually have tried to oust my 8+1 G43 from my #1 IWB carry spot a few times--most recently with a 320SC because I liked the idea of 12+1 with such a small grip; however, so far I haven't found a holster that makes it feel any better than a G19 (since it's thick).
For me it's just the perfect size with the TTI +2 base.  Lightweight and super thin.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:38:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I somewhat like mine.
I just got it a week and a half ago. It shoots better for me than my shield does. However, it doesnt like my carry ammo. Ive been using Federal HST 124 gr and Ive had 4 ftf's in 48 rounds. Not good.
Hopefully its just a mag issue.
View Quote

There's an ongoing thread on M4C where the OP has been listing all the different types of ammo that he's tested through his G43, over 5,000 rounds so far. He's tested 147 gr HST without, but not 124. One thing of note that came up in the discussion was that another poster had experienced issues with Gold Dots occasionally failing to feed. A few people suggested it might be related to the overall length of the round being slightly longer, so that might be something to try measuring to compare with other ammo that's worked fine. I tested a rental G43 with some 124 gr +P Gold Dots, and the last round hung up on the feed ramp in one mag. However, I was using a Pearce +1 extension with the factory mag spring, and I suspect the spring may have been a little too weak with the +1 extension. I'm going to test a bunch of 147 gr Gold Dots next time I'm at the range to ensure they work reliably.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Doooo it
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:03:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I have a 42 and a 43 - I had the 42 first and I still prefer it over the 43.

I absolutely hated my 43 when I got it, it's grown on me, but it's a different kind of pistol.

The 42 is smaller, more accurate, has less recoil, and allows much faster follow ups.  

The 42 and 43 may look dimensionally similar on paper but they feel much different in your hand.
View Quote
I have the same opinion. I love shooting the 42.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:15:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Summer =42

Everything else = 19
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Summer =4243
Winter = G17
Everything else = 19
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Made a video today showing the size difference in a G43 and a Taurus TCP (Keltec P3AT, Ruger LCP clone)

feel free to embed if you can please!
G43 vs TCP
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 4:56:02 PM EDT
[#43]
what is your carry method?     Quality holsters and really good belts can help.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#44]
As it came I wasn't a fan of the trigger and sights. New trigger, sights, and Talon grip tape it's nice. Feels good in my hand for a small gun. The trigger is too heavy for me though, I'll be putting a ghost connector in to get the trigger down to around 5#. Not everyone likes the way it feels in hand, be sure to check one out before you buy. I don't see how anyone could like the trigger and sights, so you'll likely have to be OK with spending some money upgrading both. I got it instead of the Shield because of the smaller size of the Glock and that the Shield is prone to rust easily.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I like mine, no regrets.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#46]
I have no complaints about mine at all. Been carrying it for about a year now and have fallen asleep with it on using my Aliengear Cloak Tuck 3.0.

I would fo on it and not think twice. You will not regret it, I can tell you that. 
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#47]
I got my coupon and one of the local blue label dealers had a single 43 left. As an added bonus it had night sights. I snapped it up! Just got home and am getting used to it. I like but there is a few things I wish I could change with it. I'd like a lighter trigger pull, a smooth trigger (rather than the serrated factory one), extended slide release, and a plus one or two mag extension. Tomorrow a range session is in order. I already ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 and mag carrier.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:06:13 AM EDT
[#48]
Ghost connector and a glock 17 trigger shoe can be added!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Man I hate hearing about people changing out parts right away without giving the gun a chance. You lose something when you lighten triggers ect... its usually reliability, i would never run a modified gun at work because my life depends on it, now for play thats something else... wont cause problems 99% of the time but that 1% tends to pop up at the worse time.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I basically limit myself to replacing factory Glock parts with the Vickers version. I just swapped out the slide lock and mag release on my G43 today and really like the feel of the Vickers parts. They really make things easier to manipulate. I'm going to test them, of course, but I'm more comfortable changing parts like these that would be really hard to screw up in terms of function and reliability, compared to an aftermarket trigger. The changes are subtle, and most of the part is identical to the factory version where it counts.

Quoted:
Ghost connector and a glock 17 trigger shoe can be added!
View Quote
I removed the smooth trigger from a G42 trigger bar the other day. I couldn't figure out a way to remove the pin without punching it through the blind side of the trigger, which I was hoping to avoid. I may actually try melting the old grooved trigger and dripping the plastic into the hole on the smooth trigger to fill it back in after mounting the shoe and inserting the pin on the G43 trigger bar. Epoxy might also also work to fill it. I want to make sure the pin doesn't walk back and forth, and I also don't want to collect dirt and gunk in there.

I talked to Glock customer service a couple days ago about a different topic, and then I asked about whether there was any way to get a smooth trigger shoe by itself (not already mounted on the trigger bar). He said a lot of people ask about that, but they can't even get them themselves - they are shipped from Austria already attached to the trigger bar. I wonder if Glock sells the G43 trigger bar in Europe with the smooth trigger...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top