Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2017 2:18:52 PM EDT
Looking to get an RMR for my 19.  I know I want an FDE, but I don't know what size dot, LED, adjustable LED, or dual illumination.  Any input is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:42:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the rm09. Adjustable 1 moa dot. Would have went with rm06 but my lgs only had rm09 and gave me a sweet deal. Mine is adjustable and has an automatic setting. The automatic works decent but there are times were I like to turn it up or down. Weather it be too dim or too bright on auto. As far as dot size I couldn't tell a diff between the 3.25 vs 1 moa dots.
Long story short if funds allow I would def go adjustable.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:17:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the rm06 (3.25) on a gen 4 17 and a rm07 (6.5) on a gen 3 17. I like them both but if I had it to do over I would have got 2 rm06. The 3.25 is a lot easier for me to see close range and distance. If you get one I recommend a sealing plate and buy some batteries the ones they come with don't last long. Also the fact they are parallax free took me a min to get use to, if you draw and have the dot on target you don't need to have it aligned with the sights. If the rmr is zeroed your shot will be on target. It's all preference tho so if you can try before you by that's highly recommended
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#3]
which RMR? the none option. I have had nothing but problems from them
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the rm06 (3.25) on a gen 4 17 and a rm07 (6.5) on a gen 3 17. I like them both but if I had it to do over I would have got 2 rm06. The 3.25 is a lot easier for me to see close range and distance. If you get one I recommend a sealing plate and buy some batteries the ones they come with don't last long. Also the fact they are parallax free took me a min to get use to, if you draw and have the dot on target you don't need to have it aligned with the sights. If the rmr is zeroed your shot will be on target. It's all preference tho so if you can try before you by that's highly recommended
View Quote

The RM07 is the one I was leaning towards, but I like the RM06 also.  I think it is between those 2.  And what is the sealing plate you are talking about?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They make plates that seal the bottom of the RMR.  Some of them have a raised portion to keep the battery seated and reduce the chance of your reticle flickering.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-shfrgbx/products/202/images/1517/afp_blk_4__46833.1477787051.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I'd go with the 06 though IMO the difference between the 09, 06 and 07 is negligible for pistol work.  You can always make the dot brighter if you need it more visible... you can't make the 07 dot smaller.
View Quote

That is the sealing plate in the pic, it holds the battery in place so it doesn't flicker during recoil also makes its more water resistant. What was said about making the dot bigger but not smaller is spot on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They make plates that seal the bottom of the RMR.  Some of them have a raised portion to keep the battery seated and reduce the chance of your reticle flickering.

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-shfrgbx/products/202/images/1517/afp_blk_4__46833.1477787051.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I'd go with the 06 though IMO the difference between the 09, 06 and 07 is negligible for pistol work.  You can always make the dot brighter if you need it more visible... you can't make the 07 dot smaller.
View Quote

Where do I find this plate?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I had problems with my LED dimming and shutting off on my FNX. My research shows this was largely an older LED model issue that has since been remedied. I sold mine off and replaced with a newer one, and it's had none of these issues so far.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
i like the 06. perfect dot size for shooting close in with my .22 pistol.

maybe not the right place to post this but saw some of yall posting issues with rmr sights. my unit is approx 6 months old. have had issues since day 1 with unit shutting off on its own and flickering. called trijicon and the rep said users are tightening down the screws to much when replacing batteries causing the "ramp like metal piece to flatten". he told me to raise up the metal piece to resemble a ramp, install battery then DO NOT tighten the screws to tight, hand tight as not so tight to press the metal ramp down, causing connection issues.

now here is the key......he said buy/install a SONY 2032 BATTERY. order it if you have to. apparently the sony has better contact properties than say the wallgreens energizer i was using. so i pulled up the ramp and put the energizer back in bec that sounded like a load of shit...sony batt no way make a diff. i shot gun with energizer and was better bec i raised the ramp, but was still having issues with shutting off/flickering. i was pissed.....i said fuck it and ordered the sony batt 2032. i checked ramp making sure it was raised, installed sony batt and no more issues as of yet. fired 300 or so rounds thru my .22 pistol last weekend. very surprised it has worked. was just about to send my rmr06 back to trijicon.

interesting, rep said one of their buyers installs the sony batteries in all his units before he sells them to public.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Get the 06.  It's great, especially with my astigmatism.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone EDC a dual illuminated model? Pretty iffy about buying the adjustable model, even for "all its advantages," if so many people have problems with them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone know where to get extra mounting screws for the RMR into a milled slide?  And also, which ones to get?  I like to have spares!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not to hijack the thread but does anyone EDC a dual illuminated model? Pretty iffy about buying the adjustable model, even for "all its advantages," if so many people have problems with them.
View Quote

You won't be able to see your dual illuminated reticle worth a damn in varied lighting scenarios, many of them common indoor lighting scenarios in which you will have no visible reticle at all. If you have a mounted light, if you turn it on, your reticle will vanish. Dual illuminated is great outdoors in sunlight, or in a building with blazing overhead lighting like a store. It's decent in near or total darkness. It's terrible in everything that doesn't fit those descriptions. I would absolutely not use one for a fighting weapon unless you've got co-witnessed irons. I say this as someone who has the most visible one, the RM08-G.

If you're getting an RMR for home or self defense, get an LED model.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 3MOA & a 10MOA I like the 10 the best, I think a 6 or 7 MOA would be perfect.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 11:47:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I love my 06. It's piggybacked on a TA31 Acog with .300 BDC and haven't had a SINGLE problem.
For $500 though, I wish it had a shake & wake feature.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:15:30 AM EDT
[#17]
06 is just right. G40MOS used for hunting and fun range time. Usable at spitting distance and good for actual hunting range groups.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You won't be able to see your dual illuminated reticle worth a damn in varied lighting scenarios, many of them common indoor lighting scenarios in which you will have no visible reticle at all. If you have a mounted light, if you turn it on, your reticle will vanish. Dual illuminated is great outdoors in sunlight, or in a building with blazing overhead lighting like a store. It's decent in near or total darkness. It's terrible in everything that doesn't fit those descriptions. I would absolutely not use one for a fighting weapon unless you've got co-witnessed irons. I say this as someone who has the most visible one, the RM08-G.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I have had no problems with the dual illuminated one in various lighting conditions. Including using a wml
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I disagree. I have had no problems with the dual illuminated one in various lighting conditions. Including using a wml
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have the mother of all out of spec tritium lamps then. Mine may look like this outside:

Attachment Attached File

But from indoors to outdoors looks like this:

Attachment Attached File

And with a weaponlight indoors looks like this:

Attachment Attached File

Trijicon support says that level of washout is normal for those lighting conditions on the dual illuminated model.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've used two and both had bad reticle washout when there was a change in lighting condition.  The fiber optic overpowers it.  I bought the 06 and it works well for me, I don't think I could do any bigger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You must have the mother of all out of spec tritium lamps then. Mine may look like this outside:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08outside-150501.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08outsidefrominside-150502.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08weaponlight-150503.JPG

Trijicon support says that level of washout is normal for those lighting conditions on the dual illuminated model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08outside-150501.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08outsidefrominside-150502.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/99075/rm08weaponlight-150503.JPG

Maybe idk.

With a wml on white walls inside or birch trees outside it does wash out. Assuming it would on a white t-shirt as well. But then the irons show up really well.

Durring daylight, indoors aiming outdoors, etc I don't have any issues.

There might be better models but I do like that I'll never need batreries
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:03:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe idk.

With a wml on white walls inside or birch trees outside it does wash out. Assuming it would on a white t-shirt as well. But then the irons show up really well.

View Quote

Hmm... 2 or 3 $2 batteries or a tritium recharge....  

Indoors to out, adjustable. Now the Acog, that has a lil problem with that scenario. Oh, no batteries...
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:08:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Maybe idk.

View Quote

No batteries FTW. Triangle reticle is also perfect for shotgunning if you zero the tip at a distance for slugs and put it on top of the target for buck up close. I posted a generally negative review on it, but I ended up feeling like keeping it. I use it on a shotgun, not a pistol, but with the Scalarworks mount it co-witnesses with irons perfectly and I've also got a laser mounted. It works amazingly outdoors and pretty well in the dark of night... pretty much every other lighting scenario where it washes out, it's easy to use the irons or laser or both.

Still wish it didn't wash out so badly in the majority of home defense scenarios though, but oh well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have a 3MOA & a 10MOA I like the 10 the best, I think a 6 or 7 MOA would be perfect.
View Quote

I have a 7 MOA and a 9 MOA, and like the 7 best of the two.  I think I would really like a 6 MOA and also think that'd be about perfect.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Rm07 on my g19. I am happy with the size of the dot. I considered the dual illumination model but did not want the reticle to wash out and I really didn't care for the triangle.  Mine flickered some too when new. I did have a plate but it was not a raised one like pictured above. I called trijicon. They recommended the Sony 2032 and 9 to 11 in-lb torque in the screws. ( not in manual) Got the bats for $9 for 20 on amazon. I then bent the positive term out a little bit. Also before installing the battery I put 3 or 4 small pieces of tape on the bottom to force more interference fit. Also I put a very small piece of rubber behind the posiive terminal to reinforce it. 400 rds after and it has not shutoff. Not sure which one really did it but they all would help. The aimpoint micro has a much better battery terminal contact setup.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had reservations about getting a RM06 because of my astigmatism and previous experience with red dot sights, ie Aimpoint T1 and Eotech.

Thanks for posting this. Looks like I'll be getting one mounted to my G19.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I've had reservations about getting a RM06 because of my astigmatism and previous experience with red dot sights, ie Aimpoint T1 and Eotech.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even the Trijicon MRO was bad for me, but for some reason the RMR isn't as streaky to me.  It isn't a precise dot, but it is very useable within 25 yards.  With my eyes it's like having a 5 MOA dot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#28]
None. I went through 6 of them. 3 kept shutting off. The dot kept growing the more I shot it on 2 of them(Grew from 4 to 20 MOA in 50 rounds) and you couldn't see the dot on the last one. Never again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top