Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 5:12:49 PM EDT
I'm starting to build a competition Glock gen 2 for USPSA; this will only be used for competition.  Has anyone found a combo of a great trigger and springs that doesn't get light strikes?

Not worried about price if someone makes a good trigger for this purpose
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#1]
DK triggers is what you seek.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I've also read that the vanek trigger is good how do the two compare?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Zev Fulcrum in my G34 G4.

I really like it a lot and never a lite strike.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:57:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've also read that the vanek trigger is good how do the two compare?
View Quote

I like my DK and haven't tried a Vanek but over on Enos most seem to prefer DK.  Though his customer service can be spotty (he has a regular job also).

Truthfully it's Glock trigger, how good can it be?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like my DK and haven't tried a Vanek but over on Enos most seem to prefer DK.  Though his customer service can be spotty (he has a regular job also).
View Quote

Having another job isn't an excuse for intentionally ignoring/not responding to emails.  And that was my experience with his "customer service".
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 1:29:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I went round and round on this issue after after getting to try a few out, I settled on the ZEV Fulcrum Ultimate kit and used the heavier spring that it comes with. 3.5# I believe.

My second choice was the Vanek Classic.

The ZEV is comfortable to me and I just connected with it. 500 rounds so far, not a hiccup
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:25:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I use the Zev kit as well in both a G17.3 and G34.3 with collectively over 16k rounds fired and have only had a handful of FTF's that could have very well been ammo related.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
First off, what division are you shooting? Alot of the aftermarket triggers wilk put you in Limited.

The parts that cause light strikes will sole pertain to the striker and striker spring.

I've found that I get acceptable reliability with a 4.5lb spring on the factory striker. If the channel gets dirty you may get some light strikes. As you get well into 5 figure round counts, you may get some light strikes as the spring weakens.  If you use federal primers, this shouldn't be an issue.

With a 4lb striker spring, I get excellent reliability using an extended striker. I accedently bought 5000 CCI 550 (magnum small pistol.) This setup had no issues with them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 12:24:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Agency trigger
Zev +1 trigger return spring
Glock minus connector
Frank proctors special spring (striker spring)
Maritime cups
Zev extended striker

Over 15k rounds in 2 guns no ftf
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 10:20:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm one to never modify my Glock's but wanted to experiment with my Glock 17 gen 4 that I use for USPSA competition.  My goal was to try a flat faced trigger as I hate the safety tab that sticks out and hurts your finger and lower the trigger pull.  I'm cheap and wanted to do this as cost effectively as possible but keep the gun 100% reliable.  I don't like to tinker and don't have the time to play to make my gun run.

So here is what I tried.  
Overwatch Precision DAT trigger.
ZEV Starter Spring Kit. - Lighter striker spring, heaver trigger spring, lighter firing pin spring, race connector.

After putting all these parts in I had some issues with light primmer strikes at the first match.  Put the stock striker spring back in and have zero issues since. I know a lighter striker would make the lighter striker spring work but I'm happy with what I have now and have a 100% reliable gun.

The Overwatch trigger is really nice. Can't say for certain it does anything better but does seems to have a much shorter take up and a much cleaner break. the feel of the flat face is much better then the standard Glock trigger.  The lighter springs make for a lighter trigger pull. All this together have solved some of my issues with shooting left and low. I'm more centered and not low anymore.  Upgrade was well worth the money to try and I'm totally happy with my Glock 17 now.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#11]
For years I've used a Lone Wolf connector, RP plunger spring and 6# trigger spring and have been able to get it down to around 3# with some light polishing. IMO that combination feels really smooth and light and most importantly, it lights off everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top