Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 4:23:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Do these rattle at all when firing?  I have +2 base plates as well as grip extensions for G19 + 17 mags and hate them all because of the rattle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Let me know when they come out with a 10 round mag for the 43...
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do these rattle at all when firing?  I have +2 base plates as well as grip extensions for G19 + 17 mags and hate them all because of the rattle.
View Quote

Mine do not rattle, they may be better than the Glock factory +2 mags. Just got back from the range, both the 12 round Glock factory and Magpul 12 round mags worked perfectly. I shot 250rds today
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I want some G30 mags like that.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have three sitting in my ammo can for rigorous testing this morning when the range opens up. I just got to run 50 rounds through one earlier last week.

I can fit 12, but it's so tight it won't strip the top around reliably.
View Quote

Me too.  A bit disappointed.  Hoping they will get better with use.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Any update on functionality?  Seems the ergonomics of the baseplate on these would be superior to stock.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any update on functionality?  Seems the ergonomics of the baseplate on these would be superior to stock.
View Quote

All of mine have performed flawlessly.

The one that spends the most time in my carry gun can hold 12 rounds without feeding issues.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 12:54:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

10 years until first post.  This must be a record.

Good info on the mags.
View Quote

No shit. Lol

I must have been under a rock! I gotta get down to the store and grab some of these!
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 1:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mine do not rattle, they may be better than the Glock factory +2 mags. Just got back from the range, both the 12 round Glock factory and Magpul 12 round mags worked perfectly. I shot 250rds today
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None of my Magpul mags rattle when full! I was hesitant to forgo having a pile of OEM mags but these are superior at a lower cost as far as I can tell. The all plastic construction, especially at the lips, concerns me a bit but I haven't run into issues yet.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 4:57:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a chance to try mine out last week.  With 12 rounds loaded in the mag it fails to cycle, leaving fired brass in the chamber that has to be cycled manually. Put it in and release the slide so there are only 11 in the mag and it works fine. Hoping it breaks in with some use.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I bought three of the 15rd G19 ones when they came out. My experience has been that they are 100% and as reliable as factory. I will be buying some of these and testing them but if they work as well I will not hesitate to use them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I received the one mag I ordered from 44 mag yesterday. Looks nice and well made. I went ahead and ordered a second. I will use at the range and save my factory mags for carry.
I managed to load 12 rounds in it and plan on leaving it for few days before using to see if it will be easier to load.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]
If these work out, they will transform your G26 from an awkward pistol with the finger hanging off or blocky extension sticking out into a svelte new firearm. These things are hot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I picked up three of these to try in my new to me  19 cut to 26 .....
Ran through them 3 times each today not a hicup no issue loading mine.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up two from 44mag.  I put about 200 rounds through the pair with zero issues. Mix of both FMJ and JHP.  I was only loading 11 rounds at a time.  

No rattles.  These did make the grip nicer.

However, I did see a lot of flex of the feeding lips.  

I do not regret buying these but I think I will stick with 10 round factory Glock mags for self defense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I picked up two from 44mag.  I put about 200 rounds through the pair with zero issues. Mix of both FMJ and JHP.  I was only loading 11 rounds at a time.  

No rattles.  These did make the grip nicer.

However, I did see a lot of flex of the feeding lips.  

I do not regret buying these but I think I will stick with 10 round factory Glock mags for self defense.
View Quote

By now, yours should easily take the 12th round if you have a maglula.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Let me know when they come out with a 10 round mag for the 43...
View Quote

Word is ETS is working on them.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:08:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a Glock 26 and have shot it a lot over many years with factory mags that are flawless.  

This thread makes me LOL.  

Just like the other thread with the CP 9mm mags.  Colt and Metalform make mags that run, but people insist on saving a few pennies to buy mags that are questionable.  

I bet you run retreads on your sports car too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:02:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I have a Glock 26 and have shot it a lot over many years with factory mags that are flawless.  

This thread makes me LOL.  

Just like the other thread with the CP 9mm mags.  Colt and Metalform make mags that run, but people insist on saving a few pennies to buy mags that are questionable.  

I bet you run retreads on your sports car too.
View Quote
Nobody said anything about factory mags not being flawless 

Extra rounds in your carry gun are never a bad thing. 

Why do you hate freedom?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
When will these be available? I'll try one for my 26!
View Quote

$15 shipped from 44mag.com
Edit: My bad i see its been covered.
Get a 21rd while at it
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes. We have 6, 9, and 12 round mags coming for the G43 and the G42. They are due to start shipping in a couple of weeks.
View Quote
Really... Hmmm. I want.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes. We have 6, 9, and 12 round mags coming for the G43 and the G42. They are due to start shipping in a couple of weeks.
View Quote

I got to handle the 12rd magazine at SHOT and it was great (as was that nifty 3d printed magazine loader!) Excited for the 9rd as well.

Will the 9rd be a straight stick magazine, or will it have more of like an extended baseplate/ finger support? I'd personally rather have the finger support/full size grip with a 9rd magazine over a straight stick mag configuration. Sort of like a 9mm commander sized grip if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:16:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Factory mags with Pearce extenders have been fragile as hell in my experience. I dropped one, and the extender slid halfway off. (Yes it was installed correctly..) the second time my other G26 mag with the same setup fell, and the bottom flew off, and ejected rounds everywhere.
View Quote

This.

I pulled all of the Pearce extensions off of my G27 magazines.  Over the years, they were just barely attached to the magazine.  Even when new, they looked like they were about to pop off.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#26]
I tried mines yesterday. They worked flawlessly. With 11 and 12 round in the mag it's not as smooth as the factory mag at full capacity to load a round in the chamber.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:15:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dont get why people look for aftermarket mags, when glock mags are everywhere.

Why even take a chance of them not working  as good as real glock mags. I could see if glock mags weren't available.
View Quote

At least on my G19, the magpuls always drop free and the larger baseplate makes mag changes easier.  Both things are great for matches.  I would still carry the factory mags for serious duty.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Does anyone have the height of the G26 with the Magpul 12rd mag inserted, or a comparison picture of it next to the G19?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Been working with my mag more since its initial trip and it was still causing malfunctions. I pulled it apart and hit the "post" on the bottom of the follower with a file, removing maybe 1/8" of material. Loaded it to capacity and inserted into my G26, chambered a round and topped off the mag and it worked perfectly four times in a row. If you are still having issues with yours you may want to give that a try.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone getting finger pinch with the Magpuls like I do with the factory and Pearce extensions?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Does anyone have the height of the G26 with the Magpul 12rd mag inserted, or a comparison picture of it next to the G19?
View Quote
Here you go:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:55:54 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll stick with the factory mags with a Pierce or similar extension. That being said I still think it's great to have competition in the Glock market with a lower price point to boot.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top