Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AJE:

Mine for the Glock annual match this year:

42 - Pocket
30 - Major sub and Heavy Metal
22 - Master Stock and Competition
26 - Sub compact
34 - Unlimited

It was the first and probably last time I shot seven divisons, plus the Gunny.  Had a hell of a blister by the end of it.

I won't bother with Unlimited again unless I get a gun with a dot on it (my 34 is set up for USPSA production).  I may not shoot Subcompact on my next couple matches either.  I need to inventory my ammo, maybe that will make my decision for me.
View Quote
You must have shot Unlimited last. After( 3) 1st place (including MatchMeister) (1) 2nd place and (2) 3rd place and finishing 4th in the Gunny no wonder your finger was sore!!  Your too modest AJE. Congrats. It took me 15 years to make master and I was fortunate (or not) to win (3) in one match. Thanks to share the wealth I've been able to get (2) this year and one random. My wife was fortunate enough in 2014 to win the Glock Girl + the Random pistol twice and one other random. She shoots as a team with two other women ages 63,57,and 78 and they have won the Am/Civ Team numerous times. They call themselves "Glock Grandmas" lol.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:54:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#2]
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 9:40:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:20:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Going to any shoots this weekend?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I just shot my first GSSF indoor league match this past Sunday.  I have been hemming and hawing for the past year or so about getting back into competitive shooting after a more than 10 year break.  It was the Option B course of fire due to range distance.  I know I rushed since I finished my string of fire and still had time.  My goal next month is to slow down a bit and make better shots, but I have no idea how well I shot compared to others, I didn't see any numbers posted.  I do know my score was 456/500 with no mikes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to participate in more GSF events. I’ve been a member but only did a couple events in the past. I just checked to see if some events would be near me... The website is atrocious. It’s not easy to navigate. An overhaul of it is way oversue.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Spartan24:
I want to participate in more GSF events. I’ve been a member but only did a couple events in the past. I just checked to see if some events would be near me... The website is atrocious. It’s not easy to navigate. An overhaul of it is way oversue.
View Quote
You're right there.  With all the $$$ behind Glock, and GSSF being an in house group, you would think there would be more cohesive way to search local events.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#9]
No...  I did load some more ammo for the last couple matches.

I will be at Lexington KY and Atlanta IN in a couple weeks.
View Quote
I'll be in Lexington one of the days. Can't wait!
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone going to Reno? 9 hour drive for me. Will be my last shoot of the year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
You're right there.  With all the $$$ behind Glock, and GSSF being an in house group, you would think there would be more cohesive way to search local events.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spartan24:
I'm surprised GSSF does as well as they do for how little money they actually bring in.

The prizes were just posted for one of the matches I competed in. I did the math on entrance fees, vs. prizes given out.

$6570 in entrance fees

They gave out these prizes:
$2300 in cash prizes
13 pistols prizes, value? Maybe $200 each at glocks cost. So, $2600 Or so.
20 knife, etool, and gift memberships. Figure 20 bucks each at glocks cost, plus they ship all prizes. $400

So, a conservative estimate would be $5300 just in prizes alone. That leaves $1270 to pay for staff, targets, score sheets, etc.

Glock is most likely losing money on these events.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 11:51:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By icrpdmeself:

I'm surprised GSSF does as well as they do for how little money they actually bring in.

The prizes were just posted for one of the matches I competed in. I did the math on entrance fees, vs. prizes given out.

$6570 in entrance fees

They gave out these prizes:
$2300 in cash prizes
13 pistols prizes, value? Maybe $200 each at glocks cost. So, $2600 Or so.
20 knife, etool, and gift memberships. Figure 20 bucks each at glocks cost, plus they ship all prizes. $400

So, a conservative estimate would be $5300 just in prizes alone. That leaves $1270 to pay for staff, targets, score sheets, etc.

Glock is most likely losing money on these events.
View Quote

Years ago the number of prizes was higher. More guns less knives and Etools. We always figure GSSF was advertising and lost money. It does get people shooting and is great for new shooters since it eliminates the gear wars and reloads on the clock.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

Years ago the number of prizes was higher. More guns less knives and Etools. We always figure GSSF was advertising and lost money. It does get people shooting and is great for new shooters since it eliminates the gear wars and reloads on the clock.
View Quote
I figure Glock writes it off as an advertising/promotional venture.
There is no way they make anything on these events directly.
If you figure say 3 paid Glock employees per event, plus associated travel and lodging costs, at best they break even.
It does get more people out to shoot, and encourages sales of additional pistols and magazines.
I also enjoy it for the “no equipment race” aspect. Show up with a totally stock gun and shoot
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Prize gun from April arrived this week
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Just got home from shooting the GSSF match in Lexington, KY. Great match.......

Armorer rebuilt one of my police trade in bargain 22's. Replaced about everything short of the slide, frame and barrel. 22 mags on sale 3/$10.

Great time, well run match in a scenic part of the country..

23 years + shooting GSSF and it's still fun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 7:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By nigla:
Just got home from shooting the GSSF match in Lexington, KY. Great match.......

Armorer rebuilt one of my police trade in bargain 22's. Replaced about everything short of the slide, frame and barrel. 22 mags on sale 3/$10.

Great time, well run match in a scenic part of the country..

23 years + shooting GSSF and it's still fun.
View Quote
I just got back as well, good match.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:02:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#19]
My membership packet came yesterday.  This was a bit unexpected.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
My membership packet came yesterday.  This was a bit unexpected. https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/31717/20181021_202502-712938.jpg
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 6:38:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Nothing, just didn't expect a pelican box.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 5:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARx3] [#22]
I shot there today too.   I hardly waited to shoot at all (other than the guys I came with).

I've never shot a Glock M setup that short before...  I don't think I saw my sights at all
View Quote
Well I'm going to have to try not seeing my sights if it will get me the same results. MatchMeister (overall winner) and 1st in every division you entered. Great shooting again. I was working on shooting Major Sub clean at Louisville but I left 2 plates standing. This was after shooting a personal best on the plates in UL 13.63 with one run almost under 3 seconds. At 63 I really appreciate the "share the wealth" for those days I remember to do most everything just right. Even my worst day shooting is  better than my best day when I was working lol  It looks like there were some pretty salty amateur shooters there also. One or two will probably make master in one match.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 8:40:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Schedule for next year has been posted.

Turns out that I made master in Mobile Alabama last month. Not sure how many I will do next year. It gets more difficult to win now...

Really want to find some Run and Gun type competitions, like Cola Warrior. Not much to be found in the Northwest.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 11:51:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Got 2 pistol prize certs yesterday.
Also bumped to master.
Too bad the G45 and the gen5 MOS 17/19 aren't available yet for pistol prizes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:12:37 PM EDT
[#26]

Turns out that I made master in Mobile Alabama last month. Not sure how many I will do next year. It gets more difficult to win now...

Really want to find some Run and Gun type competitions, like Cola Warrior. Not much to be found in the Northwest.
View Quote
No USPSA competitions around you?
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Can you use red dots in unlimited?
Very cool their hocked up with cmp.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 9:47:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zirk208] [#29]

View Quote
There's are GSSF matches in Dundee, OR; Boise, ID; Port Townsend, WA; Albany, OR; and Missoula, MT.  All of which may depend on if you are in eastern or western Oregon and how far you care to travel.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got my GSSF awards from last year. Port Townsend WA, Kaysville UT, and Mobile Alabama.

Haven't done any this year, yet.

Now that I'm considered master, not sure if I will.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I bought a 19 frame and built the “upper” with a Brownells slide. It’s no race gun by any means, but it’s a 17 length slide. Would I have to shoot Unlimited with it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:37:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 11:45:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking forward to shooting my first match at the end of June. A couple buddies and I are going to try it, and I am excited its getting me out to shoot more!
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 10:49:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I shot my first match yesterday with my 42 which is also my first Glock. Scored a 221/250
First target looked good. The second, not so much.
I thought it was fun and will be going back.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:19:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Shot my first GSSF match this morning. I had a blast! I’ll be back for sure.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:54:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DeltaAir423] [#37]
I know it's only C class, but it's cool for only my second series.

Link Posted: 4/28/2019 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 7:57:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mark5pt56] [#39]
Go to them and have fun. Sometimes you are lucky, even if you shoot poorly. I shot one in northern Va. shot the worst ever but won two pistols on random. Payed the dealer 75 up charge and had two G34's! --Don't forget the 1099 though
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 10:57:31 AM EDT
[#40]
In! Ours is in 5 days. No practice so far.

Well, almost none.

So we can use a stock G19 for Amateur Civilian and a modified(connector, springs) G17 for Amateur Competition?

And my wife can use the modified G17 for the ladies division?

Or do I need to jump up to Unlimited to use my competition gun?

We will have almost no time to work on this, thankfully I have ammo loaded.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 11:15:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ORjeepguy] [#41]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
In! Ours is in 5 days. No practice so far.

Well, almost none.

So we can use a stock G19 for Amateur Civilian and a modified(connector, springs) G17 for Amateur Competition?

And my wife can use the modified G17 for the ladies division?

Or do I need to jump up to Unlimited to use my competition gun?

We will have almost no time to work on this, thankfully I have ammo loaded.
View Quote
As I recall, modified guns can only be shot in Unlimited. Including red dots.
The rules are posted on their website.

Eta:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 1:02:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife and I have talked about doing this for a while now.  Unfortunately, we just have a 42 and newly acquired 43x.

I want a 19 and 34 but those are in the future.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GhostFish:
My wife and I have talked about doing this for a while now.  Unfortunately, we just have a 42 and newly acquired 43x.

View Quote
Try to find a police trade in 17. I have shot my 17 and 34 back to back. Most of the time my scores are better with the 17.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GhostFish:

View Quote
Join GSSF and start shooting the matches. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Does anyone know if we can pay with check or card at the match?
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
Does anyone know if we can pay with check or card at the match?
View Quote
yes on card, do not know about check.
Link Posted: 6/2/2019 10:08:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: flinch08] [#48]
Originally Posted By RenegadeX:

yes on card, do not know about check.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 11:18:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Well, that was fun.

Should have practiced with the pistol after changing it back to stock. Should have also taken it a little more seriously. My wife was stressed about shooting so I just went with the flow and kept everything casual, shot waaaay too fast at the longer targets. We had to get really creative to find the time to do this so not feeling bad about lack of practice.

Depending on who all shot probably 4th or 5th place in Civilian.

Wife rocked the plates. Was very proud.

If we prepared well for next year she could probably win and I would very much be in the top three.

No regrats. 😀
Link Posted: 6/4/2019 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone know about how long after the Final results are posted do you get the free pistol certificate?  I got lucky in the random draw, certainly not by skill  
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top