Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 5:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Sick; you sir rock that an awesome looking stack there congrats. Zev is nice but $$$
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#2]
What’s the most reliable comp that will run 115 grain? I have heard that the agency arms single port (only top ported) will run 115 with factory recoil.    I was running a primary stealth comp, but even with a 15 lb recoil it would not run 115.  Is rather not go lower than a 15lb spring.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:
What’s the most reliable comp that will run 115 grain? I have heard that the agency arms single port (only top ported) will run 115 with factory recoil.    I was running a primary stealth comp, but even with a 15 lb recoil it would not run 115.  Is rather not go lower than a 15lb spring.
View Quote
Its fun and ammo dependent. I shoot bulk 115gr through my KKM with literally no issues to date.

Wont know until you give it a shot imo
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:
Its fun and ammo dependent. I shoot bulk 115gr through my KKM with literally no issues to date.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fish1856:
Originally Posted By Patchgunner:

I also run the KKM with Magtech or S&B 115 (whichever is cheaper that day), no issues with OEM RSA.
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Also run a KKM with a stock RSA and ismi 15lb spring. No issues with either.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Glock 40 Fauxland

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you like the comped 10mm? Always thought a comp on a G20 would do well...
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

How do you like the comped 10mm? Always thought a comp on a G20 would do well...
View Quote
Barrel just arrived, I'll know tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 1:34:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By heisman01:
http://i.imgur.com/xfxQ1tol.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/xfxQ1tol.jpg

Another jagerwerks 10mm in OD everything
View Quote
Finally, someone with good taste shooting 10mm!

I'm thinking of turning my G20 gen 4 into a Roland Special. What compensator, recoil spring, and ammo combination are you using? Has the extra recoil of 10mm caused any problems with your red dot?
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:14:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Rudukai13:

View Quote
Well I ran a few hundred rounds through the comped barrel and its a winner. I had to polish the feed ramp and chanber some to get reliable feeding of non RN projectiles. I shot a hundred or so of Sig and my 1300FPS loads and muzzle flip was greatly reduced.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 2:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Needed to shoot the trashcan gun a bit today so I broke out the Fauxland as well.

Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:38:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silverknife1] [#13]
maybe a slightly long shot, but I have a pic request.
ordering a holster, builder wants an "exact pic" of the gun, but I dont quite have one. long story short, built a Roland/fauxland on a g20, and I have everything but the rmr milled on it.
hoping I have the holster before I leave for hunting, but there is no way ill have the rmr done by then, let alone that done + a pic+ holster build time. so im hoping one of you fine people can help out!

Basically id like this+an x300u-a. went through the whole thread, didnt see one. appreciate the help!

KKM barrel and comp, suppressor sights, plus of course the milled (not MOS) rmr that I dont have installed yet.

Originally Posted By becks83:

I'm thinking of turning my G20 gen 4 into a Roland Special. What compensator, recoil spring, and ammo combination are you using? Has the extra recoil of 10mm caused any problems with your red dot?
View Quote
works great, 100%reliable so far, though I only have a couple mags through it. headed out soon to get rifles zeroed and put this through its paces. 22lb recoil spring, Kkm barrel and comp, no comment on RDS, as you'll note above, dont have that done yet. will be getting a type 2 rmr soon(probably Black Friday) and sending it off to be milled so itll be ready for next hunting season. it'll be my xmas present to my self I guess
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Not sure if this will help, it's the only one I have on my phone with the light attached. The holster unused was one I picked up used that was made for a comped g21 with X300. Dont know the brand though.

2018-09-20_05-32-04 by mattnewman98, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By mattn03:
Not sure if this will help, it's the only one I have on my phone with the light attached. The holster unused was one I picked up used that was made for a comped g21 with X300. Dont know the brand though.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1890/29874809707_4878b95991_b.jpg2018-09-20_05-32-04 by mattnewman98, on Flickr
View Quote
cool thanks, I will crop it and rotate it and hopefully that meets their requirements. Appreciate the help!
are you the guy I bought the barrel and comp from? sure looks like the same gun and thats where I stole the pic I posted lol
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By heisman01:
http://i.imgur.com/xfxQ1tol.jpg" target="_blank">http://i.imgur.com/xfxQ1tol.jpg

Another jagerwerks 10mm in OD everything

Thanks, stock everything. I want to get rid of the LW comp and throw on a ARC since they make a 40 cal one now. As far as ammo I run sig, underwood, and I roll my own thats hitting around 1250-1275 fps with a 200grn or 220 grn round nose.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:57:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By silverknife1:

cool thanks, I will crop it and rotate it and hopefully that meets their requirements. Appreciate the help!
are you the guy I bought the barrel and comp from? sure looks like the same gun and thats where I stole the pic I posted lol
View Quote
Yep. That's my old gun
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 9:29:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: silverknife1] [#18]
Originally Posted By mattn03:

Yep. That's my old gun
View Quote
Nice
Glad we made a deal its freaking awesome!

Speaking of which, for those interested, range update:
My set up from two posts above runs fine with weak to average loads. Sig 180 fmj, 200 gr Jhp and some ppu 180 jhp (which are pussy cat loads) all ran great. Ppu was noticeably less powerful. Ran about 100-125 ish rounds of those ammos through it.

Underwood 220 hard cast did not run. Roughly 50% failure to feed.quit after 1 mag for obvious reasons.

I am certain however that the increase in gas through the comp and my heavy recoil spring were the cause. I am 100% positive a lighter spring will get it going again. When it failed to cycle, I could see the scratches on the case where it just didn’t quite cycle far enough. No fte were experienced. Only ftf

Eta: the underwood 220 DOES run with the 22lb spring and NO compensator
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#19]
what 1/2x28 comps are recommended? id get the KKM barrel/comp combo if i didnt already have a KKM barrel in 1/2x28 and not the crazy thread pitch they use for their comp.

would prefer something that doesnt have a set screw that mangles the threads
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By SurtrsFire:
what 1/2x28 comps are recommended? id get the KKM barrel/comp combo if i didnt already have a KKM barrel in 1/2x28 and not the crazy thread pitch they use for their comp.

would prefer something that doesnt have a set screw that mangles the threads
View Quote
https://archonmfg.com
I think these are cool. Don’t have one personally, but Know a guy that has one, like it. Built to match glocks too, but will clamp on to anything 1/2x28
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Parker Mountain Machine makes comps that use shims and rockset to secure the comp on the barrel. Here's their new dedicated 19X/Gen 5 comp, but they also have flat interface comps as well.

Just need to save up and send the slide and FDE RMR off to Jagerworks for optics pocket milling.
20180922_103443 by B A, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:35:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Parker Mountain Machine makes comps that use shims and rockset to secure the comp on the barrel. Here's their new dedicated 19X/Gen 5 comp, but they also have flat interface comps as well.

Just need to save up and send the slide and FDE RMR off to Jagerworks for optics pocket milling.
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1912/43967124425_486db12264_k.jpg20180922_103443 by B A, on Flickr
View Quote
Looks interesting. Almost looks like a bobby carver comp where it mates with the crowned muzzle.

How effective is it without side ports? Looks like the top may be big enough for a casing to fall in it? I actually saw that happen on a guys video on IG. Blew the comp apart.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Lucky_Day:

Looks interesting. Almost looks like a bobby carver comp where it mates with the crowned muzzle.

How effective is it without side ports? Looks like the top may be big enough for a casing to fall in it? I actually saw that happen on a guys video on IG. Blew the comp apart.
View Quote
Just got the barrel today, earlier pic was a mockup. Haven't shot it yet, unsure of performance. Top port is nowhere near big enough for a casing to fall in so that's not a worry.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#24]
How exactly does the PMM comp stay attached?  Is rock set required?  I like the fit for my G19.5 as the KKM and TBRC comps get caught on my safariland DO holster. It gets caught on the notch behind the comp due to the tapered end of the slide. This would solve that problem, but I would like to be able to remove the comp to install a surpressor from time to time. Also, I believe I saw an email from PPM regarding this comp and some problems they had to fix on it. Any update?
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By mikecash:
How exactly does the PMM comp stay attached?  Is rock set required?  I like the fit for my G19.5 as the KKM and TBRC comps get caught on my safariland DO holster. It gets caught on the notch behind the comp due to the tapered end of the slide. This would solve that problem, but I would like to be able to remove the comp to install a surpressor from time to time. Also, I believe I saw an email from PPM regarding this comp and some problems they had to fix on it. Any update?
View Quote
It secures with shims and rockset. I tried it out in my safariland DO yesterday and it has zero hangup. I did have to cut down the dust cover support post in the bottom to allow it to clear however.

Do you have a screen capture of the email? I never received anything except tracking and the invoice when I ordered.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#26]

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1912/43967124425_486db12264_k.jpg20180922_103443 by B A, on Flickr
View Quote
Looks like they mimicked the agency comp.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 1:47:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucky_Day] [#28]
Quick potato pic.

Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:26:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

A can of 1250fps goodness awaits.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Yeet-Cannon] [#31]
Anyone get in on the new Mayhem Syndicate MK2 comp pre-orders?

I have the original "Cali comp", but hate the roll pin attachment.

Excited to get the new MK2 version I pre-ordered.

Pic thread -

Link Posted: 9/29/2018 7:00:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lucky_Day] [#32]
How well do those mayhem’s actually comp?

ETA - I saw the detent pin attachment method. That’s pretty slick. I need to test out some lights other than the uboat because that’s really the only reason I’m comping the gun. If an inforce or something worked ok as a light compromise then the mayhem becomes more enticing.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#33]
How well do those mayhem’s actually comp?

ETA - I saw the detent pin attachment method. That’s pretty slick. I need to test out some lights other than the uboat because that’s really the only reason I’m comping the gun. If an inforce or something worked ok as a light compromise then the mayhem becomes more enticing.
View Quote
It comps better than my buddies TBRCI V3 full size comp. He agrees. He too, got in on the MK2 pre-order.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:15:37 PM EDT
[#34]
We’re the mayhem comps hard to get hand on? Like they release them in short production batches?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

Chip, you need to comp that
View Quote
Meh.  Shoots fine without a comp.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]

It secures with shims and rockset. I tried it out in my safariland DO yesterday and it has zero hangup. I did have to cut down the dust cover support post in the bottom to allow it to clear however.

Do you have a screen capture of the email? I never received anything except tracking and the invoice when I ordered.
View Quote
Sorry, but no I can not seem to find the email from PMM now. I hope it is gtg as it looks like a great solution. Glad to hear it works well with the DO holster.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#38]
We’re the mayhem comps hard to get hand on? Like they release them in short production batches?
View Quote
They're a pre-order only thing, unless you can get them from the 2nd hand market.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
They only take orders during certain periods and then have 3-4 month wait. I have an extra one in the equiptment exchange if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 8:14:43 PM EDT
[#40]
The front of my slide between the slide and the comp keeps getting hung up in the locking lever on my Safariland 6354DO. Is there a way to mod it where it’ll still engage the slide to lock in the holster but not keep getting hung up on the comp?
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By ehudbengera:
The front of my slide between the slide and the comp keeps getting hung up in the locking lever on my Safariland 6354DO. Is there a way to mod it where it’ll still engage the slide to lock in the holster but not keep getting hung up on the comp?
View Quote
I think that is what the PPM Comp is designed to do, well that and look good on the tappered slides.  I have not been able to come up with any work around a with other comps. If someone else has a solution I too am interested.
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 10:26:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone tested the Agency 417 using a front sight attached to the comp? Is this a "juice worth the squeeze" feature if you're only shooting irons?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 2:17:24 AM EDT
[#43]
I think that is what the PPM Comp is designed to do, well that and look good on the tappered slides.  I have not been able to come up with any work around a with other comps. If someone else has a solution I too am interested.
View All Quotes
So I ended up just growing some balls and breaking out the dremel. A slight trim and now it works just fine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Has anyone tested the Agency 417 using a front sight attached to the comp? Is this a "juice worth the squeeze" feature if you're only shooting irons?
View Quote
I did. It’s a 17 so it already had a longer sight radius so I don’t notice a difference but it wasn’t hard to do and it looks cool.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#45]

So I ended up just growing some balls and breaking out the dremel. A slight trim and now it works just fine.
View Quote
Any chance you could share a picture of the area you trimmed down?  Also, does the holster still retain the firearm well?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:18:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Any chance you could share a picture of the area you trimmed down?  Also, does the holster still retain the firearm well?  Thanks
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

On the right side at the bottom is a sharp right edge that sticks out further than everything else. Hit it slightly to knock the edge down, very little material removed. Still locks securely.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 3:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikecash] [#47]
Thanks. I’ll take a look at mine today and see if I can get the same results.

UPDATE:  I had to take a lot more off and from both sides, but it still retains the firearm and no longer gets hung up on the draw.

Thanks for the motivation to hack that thing up.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 12:15:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GreenSuiter] [#48]

Still on the hunt for the elusive Freya....might say screw it and throw something larger on.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:
https://imageshack.com/i/plYhWzkLj

Still on the hunt for the elusive Freya....might say screw it and throw something larger on.
View Quote
I've used a Magpul on my duty G19 for nearly a year with total satisfaction.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By GreenSuiter:
https://imageshack.com/i/plYhWzkLj

View Quote
I own the agency and the freya. I think the agency is slightly better anyways.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top