Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 3:22:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#1]
Holster updates?

I'm still using and loving the Bawidamann AIWB.  Best I've run across for IWB/AIWB so far.  Gets daily use and I'd recommend it highly.
TR's ebay offering I sold... gun butt wouldn't tuck without a claw/wing type attachment.... put Raven's Claw on it and I'd likely have liked it more.
Raven VG-3... nice, but needs the claw.  Doesn't tuck the butt well for me.
Still waiting on Nickydex.com for his AIWB... ordered in May. He was unresponsive to emails and messages through the website, finally responded via facebook but I'm still out 130$ at this point... I have high hopes, but I'm not a fan of custom leather wait times for plastic.  Hoping he comes through soon, I have a couple classes upcoming I'd love to try his holster with.  Already had a couple of classes I used the Bawidamann for.  Hopes were high, but fading fast now.

Just ordered a LAS Concealment kydex holster... it's setup like the TRex Sidecar so AIWB with a mag carrier attached.  Looking forward to seeing how that works for me.

OWB?... Raven Concealment's holster continues to be my choice for low profile OWB.

Anyone tried any others that have input?...  I've wanted to try a 'Sidecar' type for a while now, if I'm lucky I'll have the LAS rig to try around Halloween.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 1:25:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: assaultdog0351] [#2]
Roland special package contest up at millionthacog.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:57:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
Looks like TRBRci is making a compact variant of their comp!

Made sure to order a bunch already.  I've got about 5K rounds through my V2 MicroComp, 3K through my V3 Micro Comp... definitely interested to give this a try

https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/22582332_1761359620603012_998898222116110336_n.jpg
https://instagram.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t51.2885-15/e35/22582350_364354597321314_631755149114605568_n.jpg

Pricing will be similar to the standard Micro comp!
View Quote
How's it compare to the KKM? Size and performance wise?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm interested in starting a Roland Special, but I can't decide which gen Glock 19 to go with.  I'm leaning towards the Gen 5 Glock 19 as it seems to have the best trigger in the stock form.  I plan to use ATEI for the work along with a KKM barrel and comp.  I believe the Gen 4 barrels will work in the Gen 5.  Any input would be great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By mikecash:
I'm interested in starting a Roland Special, but I can't decide which gen Glock 19 to go with.  I'm leaning towards the Gen 5 Glock 19 as it seems to have the best trigger in the stock form.  I plan to use ATEI for the work along with a KKM barrel and comp.  I believe the Gen 4 barrels will work in the Gen 5.  Any input would be great.
View Quote
If you aren't partial to finger grooves, the front half circle cutout in the grip doesn't bother you, and the ambi slide catch doesn't bother you, go gen 5.

People with smaller hands have their fingers landing in the half circle cutout, which is sharp, so I can understand that being uncomfortable. I've also read of a few people cutting off the ambi slide catch. Neither bothered me thankfully, but everyone has different hands so I'd handle one beforehand if possible.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:22:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks. I handled one the other day and did not mind the front cut. I plan to have a full stipple job with finger groves removed if I go gen 3 or 4 anyway so I think gen 5 is the best plan. I would go with the KKM barrel and use the stock magwell. If there is anything else I maybe overlooking let me know.
Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:56:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:
Holster updates?

I'm still using and loving the Bawidamann AIWB.  Best I've run across for IWB/AIWB so far.  Gets daily use and I'd recommend it highly.
TR's ebay offering I sold... gun butt wouldn't tuck without a claw/wing type attachment.... put Raven's Claw on it and I'd likely have liked it more.
Raven VG-3... nice, but needs the claw.  Doesn't tuck the butt well for me.
Still waiting on Nickydex.com for his AIWB... ordered in May. He was unresponsive to emails and messages through the website, finally responded via facebook but I'm still out 130$ at this point... I have high hopes, but I'm not a fan of custom leather wait times for plastic.  Hoping he comes through soon, I have a couple classes upcoming I'd love to try his holster with.  Already had a couple of classes I used the Bawidamann for.  Hopes were high, but fading fast now.

Just ordered a LAS Concealment kydex holster... it's setup like the TRex Sidecar so AIWB with a mag carrier attached.  Looking forward to seeing how that works for me.

OWB?... Raven Concealment's holster continues to be my choice for low profile OWB.

Anyone tried any others that have input?...  I've wanted to try a 'Sidecar' type for a while now, if I'm lucky I'll have the LAS rig to try around Halloween.
View Quote
Been using a NicKydex holster and love it. Rotate between it and a CNC Keroman V2. I just got a Bawidamann holster. The fit is horrible. I contacted Bawidamann by email a couple days ago. Haven't heard anything back yet. I bought it second hand, so I don't know if they will do anything or not.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Comp?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Comp?
Not yet. This is a standard Glock 19 KKM.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Comp?
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:49:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 12:57:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone have comparison pictures of the different sized comps in one place?  
Anyone have pictures of holsters, particularly safariland?

I'm really debating a 26 comped version...
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Clark also did my most recent slide. I had the enhanced with full top serrations. Love it. For a universal cut, the RMR fit so tight I didn't need screws to hold it in place.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot a Glock 43 with a comp tonight and I am a convert.  Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:24:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blessed1] [#19]

What threaded barrel and comp are you going to go with?
View Quote
KKM fanboy here so I'll stick with them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:27:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:

Clark also did my most recent slide. I had the enhanced with full top serrations. Love it. For a universal cut, the RMR fit so tight I didn't need screws to hold it in place.
View Quote
Yes sir! Very happy with Clarks work and half the price of ATEi.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Blessed1:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fish1856:

Who is Clark's company again?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#22]
FYI I got my backordered barrel/comp in from KKM today. Took about three weeks. 
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:02:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Inquisitive_Spaniard] [#23]
I'm not keen on the model#'s. That said, i wanna build a glock that has a g19 size frame and a g17 slide but in 357 sig.

Would one of these brakes be worth my time?

@TCBA_Joe
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 5:10:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#24]
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Moses_J:

Who is Clark's company again?
View Quote
CNC Holsters.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 12:16:55 AM EDT
[#26]

CNC Holsters.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote
His holsters are pretty awesome too. He's taken a lot of my money, but for the first time, I'm really content with all of my carry options.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:48:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#28]
Do the comps make the report noticeably louder?

buddy had a ported m&p and the report was a lot sharper when shooting 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:58:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#29]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 8:10:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#31]
I don't think so.

And a comp works much differently than porting.

I've fired my carry comp from retention as well and not noticed any significant concussion.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Do the comps make the report noticeably louder?

buddy had a ported m&p and the report was a lot sharper when shooting 
I don't think so.

And a comp works much differently than porting.

I've fired my carry comp from retention as well and not noticed any significant concussion.
I would agree with that.  Muzzle blast isn't really an issue either.
I've fired from 'half-hip' type quickdraw multiple times (i.e. draw till muzzle just clears holster, lock elbow into hip gun fired from hip)  Noise and blast have been non-issues with the KKM Comp and TBRC micro-comp I have.
At the indoor range, the report actually seems quieter than my un-comped glock with the same loads.... the comp seemingly directs some of the noise/blast downrange.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:24:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Hmmm. I think I need to shoot one. 
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 1:58:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmmm. I think I need to shoot one. 
View Quote
Resist the urge unless you want to spend the dollars.

After shooting one, I built one on a G19 MOS.  I then built up a G43... waiting on the slidecut for the Shield RMS now...  Looking at my last spare RMR and my G29 and thinking about doing a 10mm version.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:07:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 9:49:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UH60Mgamecock] [#35]
If anyone cares, TBRCI reads this thread for feedback and has crazy good customer service
View Quote
Cool. I’ll shoot

Hey guys, trying to get my 19 to run properly.

Zev Trigger
SilencerCo barrel
Your comp
15lb ISMI spring (up from 13l
No other mods

Tried 115, 124, and 147 ammo. Getting regular stovepipes, failure to eject and failures to extract. Any ideas?

I don’t want to drop $50 on an extractor if I don’t have to.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:38:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm still convinced that much of the issues are related to Glocks crap extractor design.
View Quote
I'm about half convinced of that.

Also.. pretty convinced that comped Glocks like to be run wet.  Much wetter than a stock gun.
I have ended up treating my Fauxland and Fauxlandito like my Sigs... greased rails and about double the oil I would generally use on a Glock.
The more rounds down range, the less grease/oil they need, but they still seem to prefer to be run wet.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:40:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#38]
Originally Posted By hawkeye180:
I shot a Glock 43 with a comp tonight and I am a convert.  Stay tuned.
View Quote
I'm getting set to send my 43 slide out to be milled... got a Shield RMS to drop on it.
Silerenco barrel and TBRCI micro comp on it already.

Had an RMR on it with a DD mount, but the Shield will fit the slide much better and sit much lower.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:46:33 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 8:55:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#40]

Is the 43 wide enough for the RMR? I've only ever seen them mounted on Balor mounts.
View Quote
The Dueck Defense mount fit the dovetail, but the mount/RMR overhung both sides about 1/10".  So... Kinda.
I used it enough that 'proof of concept' made me look into smaller optics... I had a Jpoint (still do on an 870) that I used for a while on a 1911.  Found that Brownells would give dealer pricing on the Shield RMS, so ordered one up.

The Shield RMS has a different screw pattern and has a smaller enough footprint that it will fit.  From what I can see, it will overhang by a mm or so on either side.  I'll put something to cover the edge on the slide like a sliver of moleskine of something.  Found 2 places that will do the mill work within a few minutes of searching.  Now trying to decide if I want to try to find a local shop, or send it out... and if so Suarez or Mapleleaf?

Last hurdle in building a Rolandito will be trigger work... trying to decide if I'm going wholehog and get an Overwatch for it as well.
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Didn't think to ask in this thread but you guys might be the experts.  

Holster recommendations for the following for range/2 gun with 1.5 inch belt / OWB?

G17 MOS 
Delta Point Pro
Ameriglo GL-507 Supressor Sights
TLR1-HL
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#42]

Holster recommendations for the following for range/2 gun with 1.5 inch belt / OWB?

G17 MOS 
Delta Point Pro
TLR1-HL
View Quote
For retenion, Safariland's new red dot ALS holsters work extremely well. Outside of that, Raven for a kydex OWB concealment style
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 1:48:07 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm having trouble keeping my tbrci Glock 43 comp on my barrel. I've
cleaned the threads, I used blue loctite the first time because a friend
used that and we've put 500 rounds through it and his has stayed on.  
I've now bought red loctite, and I'm going to clean the threads and
degrease the threads, apply the red loctite and let that cure.  
Is there anything I'm missing?
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#44]

G17 MOS 
Delta Point Pro
TLR1-HL
View Quote
Trex Arms or M3Tactical
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 5:10:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Going to 2nd M3. Really well made holsters, no super long wait time. I got my AIWB rig in like 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#46]
The roland really is the perfect gun IMO. Concealable, accurate, fun as shit to shoot, the red dot makes distance shooting a breeze and the system works so well together when you use the intended parts.

I've got 500 rounds through my roland this week alone. Everyone on the range is fascinated by it and wants to shoot it. My parts as follows using a gen 4 19 as the base gun:

Slide cut by CNC holsters. I have the enhanced front and top serrations (clark did a fantastic job. Hes just as good as ATEi, jagerwerks)
RMR type 2 3.25moa dot
KKM barrel and compensator
Stock RSA
Raven Freya magwell
medium beavertail backstrap cut to work with magwell
Finger grooves removed, trigger guard undercut
Overwatch Precision Tac Trigger w/np3 bar
Overwatch Precision NP3 minus connector
Wolff 6lb trigger return spring
Surefire x300u - 600 lumens

I'll have to grab photos later, but it is hands down my favorite pistol to shoot. Followed closely by my p320 and then my g34.

Also, let it be known that I have zero, yes zero, malfunctions with my roland.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 3:58:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheGunslinger] [#48]
I'm planning a comprehensive review of as many of the plug and play comps I can get my hands on. Plug and play meaning standard threaded comp, not the proprietary barrel and comp packages such as the KKM and Mayhem. 

So far I have:
TBRC Micro V3
Arc Division Sparc
Lone wolf Alpha Wolf
Primary Machine Stealth
Carver Custom Decelerator
Suarez Kompensator
HK Parts Micro Comp
KE Arms 2 Port Enhanced

Am I missing any?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 10:04:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#49]
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 3:23:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By hawkeye180:
I'm having trouble keeping my tbrci Glock 43 comp on my barrel. I've
cleaned the threads, I used blue loctite the first time because a friend
used that and we've put 500 rounds through it and his has stayed on.  
I've now bought red loctite, and I'm going to clean the threads and
degrease the threads, apply the red loctite and let that cure.  
Is there anything I'm missing?
View Quote
After applying the blue loctite to clean threads,  let the gun sit a few days before shooting.

I had to use a vise and wrench to get the micro comp off my 43.. silenco barrel
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top