Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:29:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
I've decided my new G19 slide will be going to ATEI as soon as I test fire it and make sure it works. I was wondering, are the top serrations useful for anything? My reading suggests that they are meant for racking the slide off of clothing, but this seems moot for a pistol with a red dot. 

Also, has anyone gone for the universal cut instead of the fitted cut and regretted it? I want to do the universal cut because I'm not sure I want to keep my current RMR forever. I already broke it once, and intend to eventually upgrade to the type 2 as funds allow. 

Finally, I think I've decided I want to try the compensator route. Not sure if I want to go with KKM or something else with the TBRC comp. Does the TBRC comp perform the same as the KKM?
View Quote
Front and top cocking serrations really help with tracking a gun with a red dot. the traditional over the top rack doesn't work as well with the red dot in the way and with practice, clearing malfunctions the same way you do a press check is easy with the added serrations.

I've owned both the KKM and the TBRC. To me, using fiochhi 124gr, I thought the KKM worked much better. Sold the TBRC.
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 3:40:33 AM EDT
[#2]
H by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/22/2017 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Any tips on how to get rid of the glare when you turn up the intensity. When I get 3rd from brightest on it the glares pretty bad. The dot turns into a cross.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been giving a comp a lot of thought lately but one question for those with experience with them ? Why not get a micro comp that's so much smaller than that huge comp ? Wouldn't that be better ?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I had some flats milled on the barrel, just behind the threads, for the set screws in the comp and installed a Freya magwell. Pretty much done now.

Link Posted: 9/23/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:37:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:

How much did that cost you?
View Quote
$15 locally. How did you fare with those stuck set screws- any luck?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 9:21:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#8]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe tbrc can help you with it
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 9:28:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bmo419] [#10]
Got to fondle and put a few rounds on a real Roland Special at a handgun class Saturday. Love the enhanced serrations that ATEI does. Going to have to get those added when I send off my G17 slide for an RMR cut. Gun just wants to shoot fast too with that KKM comp . Wish I’d left the TBRC comp on my gun for the class so I could’ve compared them directly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 5:40:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jupiter7] [#11]
Rmrs back at cabelas 6.5MOA adjustable

$349 before any discount

Rmr @ cabelas

ETA: the auto adjusting models also back in stock $290
Auto RMR @ Cabelas
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Jupiter7:
Rmrs back at cabelas 6.5MOA adjustable

$349 before any discount

Rmr @ cabelas

ETA: the auto adjusting models also back in stock $290
Auto RMR @ Cabelas
View Quote
Thanks there douchbag. LOL. My credit card and my wife are sick of people like you. Just bought the $290 rmr01 and now the rmr07. Gonna sell the rmr01 if I like the adjustable model and 6.5 dot better. If not I'm selling it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Did anyone's KKM barrel come rusty? The barrel threads have a fair bit of reddish discoloration - am I seeing rust or some sort of anti-seize? It's hard to imagine rust given that these barrels are hardly lingering on the shelf.

I'll take a closer look tonight if no one else has seen this phenomenon.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Lhotse:
Did anyone's KKM barrel come rusty? The barrel threads have a fair bit of reddish discoloration - am I seeing rust or some sort of anti-seize? It's hard to imagine rust given that these barrels are hardly lingering on the shelf.

I'll take a closer look tonight if no one else has seen this phenomenon.
View Quote
The red coppery stuff is anti-seize, mine has some too. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I was wondering if anyone has gone with a "universal" or "general" RMR cut rather than a fitted one. I already broke one RMR, and am worried that if I break it again and have to have it replaced, it might not fit right if I get the fitted cut. I'm also not sure I'm going to keep my current type 1 RM06. I kind of want a bigger dot, and want a type 2 that is supposedly more robust. Either way I'm going with ATEI. I intend to ship it off as soon as I make a decision on this. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 4:38:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#16]
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 5:30:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#17]

Does ATEI still cut for ATOM?

IIRC They do have a service for altering the pocket for a unexamined fit if need be
View Quote
Yeah, that's what I'm considering. I'm not sure I want to be married to a particular RMR. They claim that you can lose zero if the RMR takes a hit. I'm wondering if anyone has had that happen on universal cut slide before, such as this service, another service, unity atom, suarez, MOS, whatever that is comparable. 

ETA: Also placed an order for a KKM comp. 
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 6:18:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:

The red coppery stuff is anti-seize, mine has some too. 
View Quote
Thanks! I was hoping that was the case but didn't have enough time or light to be sure. Big relief!
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Any body have a picture with an atei slide with agency frame work? I'm 99% sure that's what my gen 4 will be
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, that's what I'm considering. I'm not sure I want to be married to a particular RMR. They claim that you can lose zero if the RMR takes a hit. I'm wondering if anyone has had that happen on universal cut slide before, such as this service, another service, unity atom, suarez, MOS, whatever that is comparable. 

ETA: Also placed an order for a KKM comp. 
View Quote
The KKM combo is fantastic. I did the TBRC first, sold it after getting a smoking deal on the KKM.

I definitely prefer the KKM. Makes shooting 9mm like a toy. Super easy to track your red dot as well.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Shipped off my slide to ATEI this morning. 
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I know this has probably been covered here, but I don't want to try to dig through a 20 page thread.

My KKM barrel and comp will be arriving in a few weeks.

Is there any change I need to make to my recoil spring for it to function properly? Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 11:18:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Pony151515:
I know this has probably been covered here, but I don't want to try to dig through a 20 page thread.

My KKM barrel and comp will be arriving in a few weeks.

Is there any change I need to make to my recoil spring for it to function properly? Thanks!
View Quote
Shoot it and find out. Too many variables for a straight answer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Over 600 rounds this past weekend at a Kyle Defoor class. No cleaning, and 3 drops of ALG purple lube, zero malfunctions the entire time. 
2017-10-04_12-51-28 by B A, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone is interested, Brownells is selling in-house Gen 3 slides for 17s and 19s.

SSD Press Release

Brownells Link

They have different options, but the top serated optics version is very similar to the ATEI Roland slide and runs $230, while the ATEI slide work for an OEM slide runs over $400.

I don't want to discount the all reputed work ATEI does, but this seems like a really good option for Gen 3 owners.

https://cdn-us-cf2.yottaa.net/53ff2f503c881650e20004fa/www.brownells.com/v~13.59/userdocs/products/p_078200001_2.jpg?yocs=l_&yoloc=us
View Quote
You need to be careful considering these slides. I know on it's face, the edges of the slide are not chamfered like standard glock slides which can lead to issues fitting in certain holsters. The "bosses" are also not really bosses per se as much as they are where the thread screws in. Fellas in the know have reported them to be more prone to breaking because of that.

If it's a defensive gun, buy once cry once. Alternatively, jagerwerks and CNC holsters do quality cuts at a cheaper rate than ATEi without sacrificing quality.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:29:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paulie771] [#27]
Originally Posted By Fish1856:
You need to be careful considering these slides. I know on it's face, the edges of the slide are not chamfered like standard glock slides which can lead to issues fitting in certain holsters. The "bosses" are also not really bosses per se as much as they are where the thread screws in. Fellas in the know have reported them to be more prone to breaking because of that.

If it's a defensive gun, buy once cry once. Alternatively, jagerwerks and CNC holsters do quality cuts at a cheaper rate than ATEi without sacrificing quality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Fish1856:
If anyone is interested, Brownells is selling in-house Gen 3 slides for 17s and 19s.

SSD Press Release

Brownells Link

They have different options, but the top serated optics version is very similar to the ATEI Roland slide and runs $230, while the ATEI slide work for an OEM slide runs over $400.

I don't want to discount the all reputed work ATEI does, but this seems like a really good option for Gen 3 owners.

https://cdn-us-cf2.yottaa.net/53ff2f503c881650e20004fa/www.brownells.com/v~13.59/userdocs/products/p_078200001_2.jpg?yocs=l_&yoloc=us

I own the 19 w/ RMR cut and put my SilencerCo threaded barrel w/ a TBRCi comp on it and haven’t had any issues at all so far, albeit with a low round count not even worth mentioning. The only thing that I’m not a huge fan of is that they went to a smaller 4-40 screw vs the 6-32 everyone else seems to use, but it could be due to the issue you mentioned. The slide serrations are very nicely done and it took an OEM slide kit without issue. I have shot it with my RMR yet as that slide is off getting work done. As soon as I get it back I’ll mount it on this slide and take some pics.

If nothing else, they are a good option to compete with Midway’s Swenson slides for Polymer80 sterile builds.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
Did you get a time frame? I'm at about 9 weeks and counting.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Paulie771:

I own the 19 w/ RMR cut and put my SilencerCo threaded barrel w/ a TBRCi comp on it and haven’t had any issues at all so far, albeit with a low round count not even worth mentioning. The only thing that I’m not a huge fan of is that they went to a smaller 4-40 screw vs the 6-32 everyone else seems to use, but it could be due to the issue you mentioned. The slide serrations are very nicely done and it took an OEM slide kit without issue. I have shot it with my RMR yet as that slide is off getting work done. As soon as I get it back I’ll mount it on this slide and take some pics.

If nothing else, they are a good option to compete with Midway’s Swenson slides for Polymer80 sterile builds.
View Quote
Right, not saying they certainly won't work. Just saying that I don't think they're to the quality of an OEM slide being milled by a quality shop is all.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:51:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#30]
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
View All Quotes
I sent mine via Weapon Outfitters last week and I was quoted somewhere in the 6 week range.

9 weeks doesn’t sound great.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

Depending on finish, current wait is at about 6 weeks or so!
View Quote
You're who I bundled with. Good things take time and I was wondering if I was about the average wait.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 11:54:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#34]

You're who I bundled with. Good things take time and I was wondering if I was about the average wait.
View Quote
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but what's the advantage with bundling it like this as opposed to sending it directly to ATEI? As I'm getting all my parts together, I was planning on sending it directly, but may send it through Weapon Outfitters just because they have all the options I want and I like supporting those who take the time to post
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:37:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher] [#35]
Originally Posted By TSpork:
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but what's the advantage with bundling it like this as opposed to sending it directly to ATEI? As I'm getting all my parts together, I was planning on sending it directly, but may send it through Weapon Outfitters just because they have all the options I want and I like supporting those who take the time to post
View All Quotes

I caught a good sale and all the options I wanted so that's why I chose them. I ordered aug1 and about a week later he notified me "hey since we already have the slide here we can do this additional work and it'll be x dollars" which I did. They've been super responsive everytime I've had a question. I asked for one update mid September and got an immediate answer. I understand custom work takes time so I'm not going to constantly hammer them for status updates.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#36]

I caught a good sale and all the options I wanted so that's why I chose them. I ordered aug1 and about a week later he notified me "hey since we already have the slide here we can do this additional work and it'll be x dollars" which I did. They've been super responsive everytime I've had a question. I asked for one update mid September and got an immediate answer. I understand custom work takes time so I'm not going to constantly hammer them for status updates.
View Quote
That sounds awesome. Ya, I'll probably just go through them. Glad to hear you had a great experience. I'm very happy they respond here with any questions we may have. I signed up to be notified of their KKM barrels, so hopefully I can send some business their way
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:31:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#37]
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#38]

That sounds awesome. Ya, I'll probably just go through them. Glad to hear you had a great experience. I'm very happy they respond here with any questions we may have. I signed up to be notified of their KKM barrels, so hopefully I can send some business their way
View Quote
I'm having some work done on a 22 slide by a local gentlemen that should take about a week and a half. I'll compare and contrast the two when I get my 19 back from Weapon Outfitters.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#39]
The fauxland rode along for a weekend trip.

Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#40]
So I have a rmr'ed 17.4 and a threaded s3f barrel. This is my only suppressor host for my 9mm can. Is there a way I can add a brake with out messing up the threads? So I can either run suppressed or run it with the brake?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I can't get my 19 to run reliably with a TBRCi comp. specs are as follows

Gen 4
Silencer Co barrel
TBRCi comp
Zev trigger

The stock spring gives me FTE
The 13lb Ismi will not go into battery reliably. Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 6:43:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Failure to extract or failure to eject?
View Quote
Stovepipes and then when eventually no extraction at all
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:28:26 PM EDT
[#45]

Apex extractor

Extractors are not Glocks strong points
View Quote
And then run the stock spring?
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 7:49:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:22:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#47]
Originally Posted By MatthewMcClain:

And then run the stock spring?
View Quote
What ammo are you running it with?

If 115gr, try 124gr or heavier.
If you reload, try Auto-Comp powder... I can get 95gr frangibles to run with Auto-comp now.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 12:43:00 PM EDT
[#48]
guys, when running a KE Arms Bravo or Charlie w/ RMR -

what would be the lowest iron sights to be visible at the very
bottom of the RMR's window? like a lower 1/5th cowitness?

I want them strictly as a back up and to interfere with the red
dot as little as possible.

THX!
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By HighInput:
guys, when running a KE Arms Bravo or Charlie w/ RMR -

what would be the lowest iron sights to be visible at the very
bottom of the RMR's window? like a lower 1/5th cowitness?

I want them strictly as a back up and to interfere with the red
dot as little as possible.

THX!
View Quote
No experience with those aftermarkets, but on a milled Glock slide, Dawson Precision MOS sights are absolute cowitness, and Ameriglo suppressor sights are lower 3rd. 
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Thank you, that's a first step!!

Do you know if there's any chance to use a Serpa with the Ameriglo front sight?
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top