User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 12:40:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#1]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

I've got a batch of Black Nitrided variants headed my way soon:  KKM let me know it should be any day now: gonna enable ordering.

They did let me know that after this batch dealer orders will be limited to X barrels as they work to clear through the backlog.
View Quote
Sweet. Ordered on from you.  Hopefully I'll sneak into this batch.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Yessir, still have like 6 available for order so you're definitely in!

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18299148_1370300173062971_7719782855009632256_n.jpg

The Roland/Fauxland special gets a lot of scorn on social media these days... but it smokes my priceless Nighthawk Custom 2011 in performance, capability, and portability.  I've never been that trendy, any how
View Quote
Sweet.  Placed my order around 0400hrs this morning... last couple of parts and I'm golden on a build.
Doing mine on a Polymer 80 compact lower for now.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:54:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#5]
Okay got my FO-land somewhat done. It's about as stock right and faux now as a fo-land can be. Still I already love the thing. Of course I didn't oil it and shot a few hundred rounds with no hick ups. 25 yard head shots were a breeze and and I can make 25 yard shots so much more confidently than no RMR.

I Stripped out all the star drives on the plate screws. wasn't a huge fan of those screws. The allen style that came with the amazon bought special screws were better but still not great and I strippd them a little too. Weren't as anooying as the glock supplied star screws thought. Anyway I locktighted the good and got the two main RMR screws in there pretty good so It should hold up. I didn't let the thread lock dry and it stayed in there okay after a lot of shooting so I think I'm all set there
I only shot it with the RMR and the weapon light. I haven't tried the RMR with the suppressor and I have a KKM barrel and comp on the way in 7 weeks or however long their wait period is.

Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My two S3F/Mayhem Syndicate barrel/comps should be here late this week or early next. They are going thru final QA/QC then shipping!

Will be rebuilding my Faux-land around one of these, as I sold off my KKM setup to pay for one of the setups.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Airborne_Infantryman:
My two S3F/Mayhem Syndicate barrel/comps should be here late this week or early next. They are going thru final QA/QC then shipping!

Will be rebuilding my Faux-land around one of these, as I sold off my KKM setup to pay for one of the setups.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/Screenshot-20170508-201744-204547.JPG
View Quote
How much were they?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]

https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/18299148_1370300173062971_7719782855009632256_n.jpg

The Roland/Fauxland special gets a lot of scorn on social media these days... but it smokes my priceless Nighthawk Custom 2011 in performance, capability, and portability.  I've never been that trendy, any how
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

Sweet. Ordered on from you.  Hopefully I'll sneak into this batch.

Is it more accurate than your 2011?
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:46:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#10]

Here's my sight picture with the Dawson brand (just got them) suppressor sight on my MOS. I like them and they seem to do the job well. Can't compare to a milled set up but if you want to be conservative this isn't a bad option.

the rear sight was VERY tight like overly tight. I had to whack it in there in there pretty hard...and then i has a set screw lol like it need that?

Is there a holster for a MOS Fo-LAND or am I screwed for a holster. I tried using my regular 19 holder with no light and the dawson sights caught the top of the holster.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:26:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BlackOpScottie:
https://s17.postimg.org/yusqs41hr/20170509_141855.jpg

Here's my sight picture with the Dawson brand (just got them) suppressor sight on my MOS. I like them and they seem to do the job well. Can't compare to a milled set up but if you want to be conservative this isn't a bad option.

the rear sight was VERY tight like overly tight. I had to whack it in there in there pretty hard...and then i has a set screw lol like it need that?

Is there a holster for a MOS Fo-LAND or am I screwed for a holster. I tried using my regular 19 holder with no light and the dawson sights caught the top of the holster.
View Quote
What kind of holster are you looking for?

Safariland has new retention models that fit the MOS models. Mine should be here tomorrow. It'll fit my roland special.

In other news, I was at the work range last night and really opened up my RS. Rapid fire on multi targets is totally pleasurable with the RS. The KKM comp works so damn well, I cannot recommend it enough. The only malf so far was a FTE from a smaller statured officer who limp wristed the gun with range ammo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#13]
All my comptacs clear the tall sights
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone turned a G23 into a Faux-land?
How did it work out?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:56:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Glock 17 MOS with a Trijicon RM06 and Dawson MOS Trijicon height fiber optics.

Glock 19 milled by ATEi with a Trijicon RM06 and Ameriglo Supressor heights.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:31:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
Glock 17 MOS with a Trijicon RM06 and Dawson MOS Trijicon height fiber optics.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/image_zpstwm9ji5e.jpeg

Glock 19 milled by ATEi with a Trijicon RM06 and Ameriglo Supressor heights.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/be76364d8b43b28f9d420aec8b987861_zpso8kb5uxh.jpg
View Quote
Could you take a side ways pic of the MOS gun? I am thinking this is what I am going for. Either that or a P320 RX Fauxland . Someone needs to make a slide profiled comp for them.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:51:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
How did it work out?
View Quote
Working on it.
Bought a spare G23 slide, just not sure what direction I really want to go with the set up.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:13:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MaxxII:
How did it work out?
View Quote
Several pages back there is a G29 comped out... it seems logical that this setup would work with the .40sw/.357sig/10mm and such.  Comp would certainly help those rounds stay closer to flat.
I've been eyeing the KKM site as they have a barrel and comp that fit my G29... also eyeing the lonely G20sf in my safe as maybe a giant Faux-land possibility.

My only concern with the .40sw and greater guns would be slide velocity / ferocity and how well the RMR would last under that abuse.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:24:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Could you take a side ways pic of the MOS gun? I am thinking this is what I am going for. Either that or a P320 RX Fauxland . Someone needs to make a slide profiled comp for them.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 2:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#20]

Glock getting some free advert from me here. For me the glock 19 is to the ar15 as far as cheap functioning awesome effective pistols/rifles go. Fuggin love my foland dude. Or should I call it stock-land because it is just a mos model with a trijicon and a light. I'm thinking of doing something trigger wise though if it is just a bedside gun? who knows, I shoot stock glock trigger ok so I may just leave it.

Yes my dawson rear is white because I had to bang on it so hard to get it to seat. I'm glad I didn't mess up my trijicon in the process. Some serious tight tolerances there dawson I would say maybe a thou too tight. I can attest to the toughness of the trijicon though as I literally had to bust out a decent sized hammer for the dawson rear to fit in so I was bashin it pretty hard.

Love bein a merican!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:16:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#21]
So I have to ask, how does everyone feel concealing a full roland light and all? I mean IWB. Is it worth it and do you find yourself grabbing the gun with less shit on it or do you carry it concealed a lot and find it comfortable?

also, what IWB holsters are being made for the rholand? I'm not leo but I would totally carry one of these OWB if I was one and was allowed to.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Mikehikes:
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/63957ff34b99982137d2b9dd26d4ade1_zpsdbzpj2fe.jpg

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah189/thectsentinel/11109d629e224f26c7a8bc1c88761ea5_zps3xr9aecx.jpg
Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:34:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

New holster came in.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:58:27 PM EDT
[#24]
https://s2.postimg.org/seh6s23jb/20170511_141410.jpg?dl=1&_ga=2.43324773.1792949.1494526817-920199260.1492892403

Glock getting some free advert from me here. For me the glock 19 is to the ar15 as far as cheap functioning awesome effective pistols/rifles go. Fuggin love my foland dude. Or should I call it stock-land because it is just a mos model with a trijicon and a light. I'm thinking of doing something trigger wise though if it is just a bedside gun? who knows, I shoot stock glock trigger ok so I may just leave it.

Yes my dawson rear is white because I had to bang on it so hard to get it to seat. I'm glad I didn't mess up my trijicon in the process. Some serious tight tolerances there dawson I would say maybe a thou too tight. I can attest to the toughness of the trijicon though as I literally had to bust out a decent sized hammer for the dawson rear to fit in so I was bashin it pretty hard.

Love bein a merican!
View Quote
Why didn't you just take the RMR off before breaking out the 5 lb sledge?

And I have a set of those Dawsons as well... sight pusher tool cost 38$ from amazon, well worth it.  Was able to use a small wrench and drive it into place with the tool.  No swearing or banging involved.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:20:18 PM EDT
[#25]
So I have to ask, how does everyone feel concealing a full roland light and all? I mean IWB. Is it worth it and do you find yourself grabbing the gun with less shit on it or do you carry it concealed a lot and find it comfortable?

also, what IWB holsters are being made for the rholand? I'm not leo but I would totally carry one of these OWB if I was one and was allowed to.
View Quote

I carry mine in a CNC Holsters AIWB every day. It's a good holster that works well with my body type. 
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote
i'm used to carrying full-size 1911's with lights in waistband, so this is actually smaller.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#27]

View All Quotes

I had a ton of locktite on those bolts and didnt want to take them out. Not only that I pulled an idiot and stripped the drive on one so I don't want to mess with the bolts anymore. I took my risk with breaking the RMR L but yeah I always recommend sights installed before you install your RMR. also I guess maybe if it's not up to the force of a hard to get on sight it's not qualified to carry anyway.
Originally Posted By GreenBastard:
i'm used to carrying full-size 1911's with lights in waistband, so this is actually smaller.
Good point, people carry full sized 1911's all the time IWB.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:44:21 PM EDT
[#28]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/414440/IMG-0240-206420.JPG

New holster came in.
View Quote
details? this looks just like what I would want.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#29]

details? this looks just like what I would want.
View Quote
TR Holsters, they have them specifically molded to the Roland Glocks.

And they ship within a day or two.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:11:18 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote
Bawidamann Gotham

NicKydex

I ordered the Bawidamann after trying a friends...  just about to buy the Nickydex as well, haven't seen one in person to try, but it looks like it might work.
Also have a Raven VG3 that mounts off the light... works great for AIWB and is likely the most 'minimalist' option on the market.  I've been a VG2 Advanced fan since release (no light, with a claw to tuck it further against the body)
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#31]
TR Holsters, they have them specifically molded to the Roland Glocks.

And they ship within a day or two.
View Quote
I didn't see that on their website... did I miss something (damn you 100 proof bourbon if I did...)?
Or is it a 'put a note in checkout' on one of the light bearing holsters?  If so, whats the secret password?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#32]

I didn't see that on their website... did I miss something (damn you 100 proof bourbon if I did...)?
Or is it a 'put a note in checkout' on one of the light bearing holsters?  If so, whats the secret password?
View Quote
http://trholsters.com/glock-19-23-32-iwb-kydex-holster/

they have drop down menus. you need to click the "roland special" version when selecting your options. I already bought mine.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:32:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OiRogers] [#33]

they have drop down menus. you need to click the "roland special" version when selecting your options. I already bought mine.
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Also:  Botach has ETS 31 rounders for 9.95$/per with minimum order of 6 today.  It feels wierd to suggest Botach... but I've had oddly good luck with them the past few years.  Every order in hand within 2 or 3 days.

Edit to add:  And ordered...  the holster drawer grows.  And as an aside... this 35$ bottle of bourbon has cost me about 140$ so far tonight... I should put it away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#34]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:39:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]
20170513_163628-01 by T B, on Flickr
20170513_163726-01 by T B, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 9:12:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Has anyone read or head anything about Trijicon working to update the internals of the RMR to handle the recoil more effectively, or has Trijicon done this?

I recall reading a blurb somewhere about this but don't recall exactly.

After shooting Glocks for over a decade this is something that I want to get into.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:16:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#39]
For those of you using a milled slide with RMR, what back up sights are you using? The Dawson MOS sights I have are way too tall, nearly absolute cowitness. I'm looking for sights that are lower 1/3rd or lower cowitness. I don't want much of the window obscured. ETA: Looking for plane steel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
For those of you using a milled slide with RMR, what back up sights are you using? The Dawson MOS sights I have are way too tall, nearly absolute cowitness. I'm looking for sights that are lower 1/3rd or lower cowitness. I don't want much of the window obscured. ETA: Looking for plane steel.
View Quote
The Dawson MOS are designed for the Glock MOS model specifically... the plate mounting system results in needing higher sights.

I used Trijicon suppressor height sights on my milled slides... I ended up blacking out the rear dots as I prefer just a single front dot.  I ordered Dawson MOS for my MOS that I'm currently building up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I carried my Roland all weekend in Las Vegas, in a Gotham that was loaned to me, very comfortable. Thanks again Weapon Outfiters, and again,sorry for the ball sweat and stripper smell.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 12:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
http://i65.tinypic.com/t4xt1l.jpg
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:43:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackOpScottie] [#43]
SUp guys! I have a consultation with a reputable gunsmith/machinist in 4 days. For a roland job on one of my glocks..

I really kind of want to a fo-land rmr for my g26. Does anyone have any info on these? Are they as reliable as a g19 fo-land or rouhland.

otherwise I have a gen 3 g19 I may have them just do a full roland, serrations, trigger etc on that g19. I may have them just get rid of the finger grooves though don't think I want a full stipple.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I need to pick up some rounds for class that will actually cycle a roland and not break the bank. What should I get? I need 4k.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:54:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By assaultdog0351:
I need to pick up some rounds for class that will actually cycle a roland and not break the bank. What should I get? I need 4k.
View Quote
It's really hard to provide a reccomendation as each Roland handles different ammo differently from another Roland.

Your best bet is to go with something loaded hot. I'd think a +p would be the way to go
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#46]
View Quote
Speer Lawman, either 124 or 147gr. Stuff is hot and around 20cpr or a little more from SGAMMO. 
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:28:54 AM EDT
[#47]
147 works without being +P?

My carry ammo is 147 +P HST so that might work out good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#48]
147 works without being +P?

My carry ammo is 147 +P HST so that might work out good.
View Quote
Speer 147gr is definitely in the neighborhood of +p. 

I chronoed Speer and Fed HST 147gr +p. They were 1000fps and 1050fps respectively.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 10:56:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: assaultdog0351] [#49]
Originally Posted By TheGunslinger:
Speer 147gr is definitely in the neighborhood of +p. 

I chronoed Speer and Fed HST 147gr +p. They were 1000fps and 1050fps respectively.
View Quote
Thank you for the info.

Ammo ordered. I'll put a few through it for testing before this class... fully prepared to get a new RSA
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top