Page / 46
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Terrible pic with terrible lighting but the new Primary Machine comp
http://i.imgur.com/hwoCeCW.jpg
View Quote
What did you do to the grip? Just a mag well?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#2]
I don't have a full on Roland but I have been carrying my g19 in a badiwann Gotham holster for a while. It's the best wml holster I've used. It also works with my m9a1 compact as well.

I suppose I could use my wife's g19 with its RMR but she'd yell at me

Eta, not a Roland. Just showing the holster
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
Mind me asking who did your milling work?
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Just the Agency arms magwell this one isn't getting stippled.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By jpm804:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jpm804:
Sure it was J and L machining works
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Better pics

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Here's my faux-land
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 6:09:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Gdirty5:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/159941/IMG-1496-174570.JPG

Here's my faux-land
View Quote
Looks great bro. I miss having a black G19
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:17:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Better pics
http://i.imgur.com/BNAYf0n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2gF4eq0.jpg
View Quote
Just noticed your gun on instagram. Primary Machine reposted tactical gear review, which I guess is your company?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 3:06:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:56:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Just noticed your gun on instagram. Primary Machine reposted tactical gear review, which I guess is your company?
View All Quotes
Better pics
http://i.imgur.com/BNAYf0n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2gF4eq0.jpg
Yes sir that's me
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got the rest of the parts to finish up my zev faux-land special. There is not really anything Glock left inside or out.

Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By great308:
Just got the rest of the parts to finish up my zev faux-land special. There is not really anything Glock left inside or out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/B6C4A5CF-C70F-4978-9443-13591F60FF6F_zpsagiclc0h.jpg
View Quote
That's hot
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:13:17 PM EDT
[#14]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/hangingchads/Guns/B6C4A5CF-C70F-4978-9443-13591F60FF6F_zpsagiclc0h.jpg
View Quote
Glock extractor, and frame pins heheheh
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#15]

Glock extractor, and frame pins heheheh
View Quote
Yup yup there is still a few glock parts but not many

Edit: Ok, im sure not too many will agree with me but I'm not all too happy with the tbrci micro comp.

I installed per there instructions and even dimpled my barrel for the set screws... I only got to about 8 inch lbs until both set screws stripped out. This was fine cause it was tight and didn't care too much of the comp ever came off. Well fired 30 rounds through it today and it was loose. Only thing keeping it from spinning is the dimples on the barrel. Now the set screws are stripped and can't even tighten them or loosen them cause of the blue loctite and being stripped. My only option at this point is to drill them out and re thread the holes with a bigger more durable grub screw. I have not heard too much about this but it kind of pisses me off. I'm shooting a 3 gun with it on Saturday and going to have to do it with a loose comp.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 7:56:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#16]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#17]

View Quote
What type of sights are these?

And @VDMSR - when will your XL version 3.0 be done?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:13:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#18]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:
https://scontent-sea1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/17437608_194780141024262_2424296459185684480_n.jpg

Did a steel plate type shoot with mine this past weekend... and ran a bone stock Glock 19 and a Nighthawk 2011 ("limited" style pistol) against it.

5 stages, 6 strings of fire, slowest string gets tossed at each stage... resulting in a fairly stable sample size.  Always shot the Fauxland special first, followed by the 2011, and finally the Glock 19.  

At the end of the match, times for every string was totalled up, with the Roland coming in at 95 seconds, 2011 at 101 seconds, and the Glock 19 at 107 seconds and change... Using my experience, it looks like there is a 5% difference in speed/accuracy over each "step" from a production gun, to limited gun, to open gun.

Video Here

Yeah, the set screws are pretty small and can strip out if you're not careful, but I've not managed to strip mine yet despite repeated installs.  How bad is the stripping, does nothing grab a hold of em?  More importantly, I'm not sure why it managed to get loose even with the dimples in your barrel!  I don't dimple mine but they have managed to stay tight.  In the short term: I'd try to remove the set screws with any means possible, degrease the barrel threads and use Red Loctite in the short term for the match.  Red Loctite is what the Carver Comp uses to stay in place, for example.
View Quote
One screw if I try really hard I can probably get it out but I've been working on the other that is completely rounded out. I'd need something like a easy out bit or else I'd have to drill it out. I was hoping for a non permanent install with this comp for the occasion id want to put my suppressor on and shoot with NODs but guess it might have to be permanent install. Tbrc offered to get my slide shipped in and fix it but not sure what to do yet.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 11:15:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: great308] [#19]
Originally Posted By Noctis:

View All Quotes

They are ameriglo suppressor sights, I orderd them from brownells. They are a pretty good co witness for the zev rmr combo.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 3:41:59 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote
I am working on it, have some things I need to figure out first.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Update on the micro comp.

Those guys at TBRC helped me figure some ideas on how to get this thing working right. I don't know if it was my red neck engineering, my tools, or a slim slim chance of bad set of set screws. Ether way none of that is TBRC's fault.

They gave me a few suggestions to try to get the set screws out. I ended up taking a heat gun and heating the area up then using a t7 bit to get the screws backed out enough to get the micro comp off and then move the screws forward till they dropped out the inside. TBRC helped me find a place to get replacement screws so I could get it up and running for my match this weekend. Because of dimpling my barrel they suggested to go slightly longer on the set screws and worked good. I ended up getting a flat slot head screw to try instead of an allen head. I seem to get better torque with a flat head bit than an allen bit.

So got it all back together with red loctite on the barrel thread and am pretty confident it will work great. I don't know why I was reluctant to use red loctite on the barrel threads but thanks to those who suggested it along with TBRC.

Everyone one at TBRC is top notch. John got back to my emails rapidly and even had me call to get some ideas. They were determined to make it work and I appreciate that.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
How do you get the comp off after you red loktite it on? Especially while it's still in the slide.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#23]
I red loctited my set screws on my KKM comp and barrel because blue wasn't cutting it. I wouldn't put them on the barrel threads though 

As for getting it off, you don't.. you just jiggle the barrel around in the slide to clean what you can, run a brush down the bartel once in a while. 

I rarely clean mine anymore, it just keeps working. 
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Just got the slide back from Primary Machine. (Very happy with their work and took about 2.5 weeks door to door.)
V1 Slide cut
FDE Magpul Cerakote on slide and DPP
Dawson suppressor .585" height sights (I get a 1/3 cowitness).  They are super tall!

Going to be picking up a KKM barrel later this week and a Primary Machine Stealth comp to match the slide work. Then a Overwatch Tac trigger when funding permits.

Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmo419] [#25]
Finally get to join the party. Here's my faux-land.

Going to whip up a couple holsters for it so I can actually draw with it.
Here's the build list:
RM07 6.5MOA
ATEI did the RMR cut
WOTG did the front serrations and black nitride
Ameriglo rear suppressor sight
Dawson fiber optic front sight (same height as the Ameriglo suppressor sight, just thicker blade)
Raven Freya
TBRCi micro comp
Overwatch Precision Tac Trigger
Stock internals

On a different note. This is my first RMR setup. I'm getting brass strikes on the top left corner of the RMR (if looking at it from the front). Cycles fine, no malfs or anything with the RMR, just sometimes I get the brass strikes. Prior to getting the RMR the brass wasn't ejecting straight back (no BTF). Should I mess with the recoil spring weight?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By bmo419:

http://i.imgur.com/FZnhrfCl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CZydgJnl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EG0bbSAl.jpg?1

Here's the build list:
RM07 6.5MOA
ATEI did the RMR cut
Dawson fiber optic front sight (same height as the Ameriglo suppressor sight, just thicker blade)
Raven Freya
TBRCi micro comp
Stock internals

On a different note. This is my first RMR setup. I'm getting brass strikes on the top left corner of the RMR (if looking at it from the front). Cycles fine, no malfs or anything with the RMR, just sometimes I get the brass strikes. Prior to getting the RMR the brass wasn't ejecting straight back (no BTF). Should I mess with the recoil spring weight?
View Quote
what kind of ammo you running? i had to switch recoil springs on my gen3 17 using the tbrci micro comp twice to get it to cycle cheap 115gr
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sevin8nin:

what kind of ammo you running? i had to switch recoil springs on my gen3 17 using the tbrci micro comp twice to get it to cycle cheap 115gr
View Quote
It was a mixture of Federal 115gr RTP and some of my 124gr hand loads. Last time I chrono'd my ammo, they were running about 1050-1080fps iirc. Not screaming. I'll run some hotter ammo next time and see how the ejection looks.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:14:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: weaponoutfitters] [#28]
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By bmo419:

http://i.imgur.com/FZnhrfCl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CZydgJnl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/EG0bbSAl.jpg?1

Here's the build list:
RM07 6.5MOA
ATEI did the RMR cut
Raven Freya
TBRCi micro comp
Stock internals

View Quote
Mine takes brass hits as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine got chewed up with brass as well but as far as I can tell it doesn't touch the glass.

Gen 4 RSA

Anyone else's baffles look the same?

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Couch-Commando] [#31]
Hey guys, I've been following this thread with some interest. I've been downsizing and upgrading my Glock pile. Currently my carry gun (also used for practical pistol) is a Glock 17, with a stippled frame, weapon light and RMR. I'm curious as to how beneficial a compensator is in 9mm. At first I thought the idea was dumb, but some youtube video comparisons have made me think otherwise. I'm curious about 1) how much it reduces muzzle climb with full power 124 grain ammo, 2) how much louder the gun becomes, 3) how noticeable the gasses are when fired from retention, and 4) how reliable the guns are, and what it takes to ensure reliability. I've noticed that full power 124 is a little snappy, with enough muzzle rise that my follow up shots are a bit slow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 1:59:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
Hey guys, I've been following this thread with some interest. I've been downsizing and upgrading my Glock pile. Currently my carry gun (also used for practical pistol) is a Glock 17, with a stippled frame, weapon light and RMR. I'm curious as to how beneficial a compensator is in 9mm. At first I thought the idea was dumb, but some youtube video comparisons have made me think otherwise. I'm curious about 1) how much it reduces muzzle climb with full power 124 grain ammo, 2) how much louder the gun becomes, 3) how noticeable the gasses are when fired from retention, and 4) how reliable the guns are, and what it takes to ensure reliability. I've noticed that full power 124 is a little snappy, with enough muzzle rise that my follow up shots are a bit slow.
View Quote
The comp works great which surprised me since 9MM is so tame to begin with.  The comp doesn't increase the gasses to the point that it makes it uncomfortable to shoot from retention.  Aside from some extra flash at night I haven't noticed any downsides.  I've read of reliability issues with some weak ammo, but I haven't seen it firsthand when shooting some anemic ammo like Rem UMC.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:30:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bmo419] [#33]
View Quote
I can give my take on a few of those.

1. I shot the comp with some Speer GD 124gr +P and it felt like standard pressure ammo. Which is awesome. That stuff is pretty snappy normally. I can't say how much it reduces muzzle climb. In video it looked pretty minimal to my eye, but I will say it seems to reduce recovery time. This was evident with the +P ammo. Shot it back to back with my other non-comp'd G19

2. It's definitely a little louder, you'll notice it sounds different, but it's not AR15 comp/muzzle brake loud. No complaints on noise for me

3. Can't say, haven't tried from retention.

4. I haven't had any malfunctions on either my G19 or G17 with the TBRCi comps. However, the ejection pattern did change a little on both. Casings were ejecting pretty weakly on the G17 so it's probably on the edge of being reliable. That was with weaker ammo. The G19 I was sometimes getting brass strikes on my RMR. Prior to getting the slide milled for the RMR, the ejection looked fine with just the comp though.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By SirSqueeboo:

The comp works great which surprised me since 9MM is so tame to begin with.  The comp doesn't increase the gasses to the point that it makes it uncomfortable to shoot from retention.  Aside from some extra flash at night I haven't noticed any downsides.  I've read of reliability issues with some weak ammo, but I haven't seen it firsthand when shooting some anemic ammo like Rem UMC.
View Quote
Interesting. Does it require a lighter recoil spring for standard power ammo, or do stock springs/guide rods still work? 

And how much flash are we talking about? I'm guessing some in this thread have nods. Is it a big problem when wearing nods?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#35]

Interesting. Does it require a lighter recoil spring for standard power ammo, or do stock springs/guide rods still work? 

And how much flash are we talking about? I'm guessing some in this thread have nods. Is it a big problem when wearing nods?
View Quote
I have the TBRC version, and the combo ran flawlessly with even 115gr wwb,no need for tinkering with the stock RSA

I don't personally use nods, but guys that do have reported no issue with a comp.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:15:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone else here hate money?

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:
Anyone else here hate money?

http://i67.tinypic.com/2100osk.jpg
View Quote
More than you know......

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#38]

More than you know......

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/159941/Snapseed-181751.JPG
View Quote
How do you like that comp?  Have you tried the TBRCi or KKM to compare it?
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#39]

How do you like that comp?  Have you tried the TBRCi or KKM to compare it?
View Quote
Haven't had a chance to run it yet. Plan to easter weekend.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:40:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Attachment Attached File
still waiting on barrel refinish
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#41]
Don't know how well this will translate here but I made a video shooting some of my Fauxland Specials in 360 Degree.  You should be able to move around the video with the directional pad at the top left.

Youtube Video

Why can't I embed videos?  Do you have to be a premium member to do that?  The video shows up when I preview the post but is just html code when I submit it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:24:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Don't know how well this will translate here but I made a video shooting some of my Fauxland Specials in 360 Degree.  You should be able to move around the video with the directional pad at the top left.

Youtube Video

Why can't I embed videos?  Do you have to be a premium member to do that?  The video shows up when I preview the post but is just html code when I submit it.
View Quote
What is this sorcery?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Samsung Gear 360 Camera.  It's especially cool when you watch the video on a VR headset.  

On topic:

Does anyone know what options there are for mounting an optic on a Glock 43?  I would much rather go with slide milling than the RBU.  From what I can tell, Suarez tactical can mount the Core red dot or J Point.  I would go to them but I have personal feelings about him and his companies and don't want to give him my money.  There are a few guys locally that mill Glock slides for RMRs but he's scared to do it on a G43 because there isn't much slide available to mill.  Has anyone had success with this.  I'm eager to put a red dot on my 43.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:49:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Samsung Gear 360 Camera.  It's especially cool when you watch the video on a VR headset.  

http://i64.tinypic.com/10iffvo.jpg

On topic:

Does anyone know what options there are for mounting an optic on a Glock 43?  I would much rather go with slide milling than the RBU.  From what I can tell, Suarez tactical can mount the Core red dot or J Point.  I would go to them but I have personal feelings about him and his companies and don't want to give him my money.  There are a few guys locally that mill Glock slides for RMRs but he's scared to do it on a G43 because there isn't much slide available to mill.  Has anyone had success with this.  I'm eager to put a red dot on my 43.
View Quote
While I can't speak for the G43 specifically, Primary Machine just did my G19 slide for a DPP and did great work. Worth a shot, they usually reply within 1-2 hours.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:12:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

While I can't speak for the G43 specifically, Primary Machine just did my G19 slide for a DPP and did great work. Worth a shot, they usually reply within 1-2 hours.
View Quote
Thanks, I just messaged them on Facebook.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:11:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: southlak9cop] [#46]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilentDeath12886:

The guys at Primary Machine are top notch. They're about 25 minutes from my house, so when I brought my slide there to be milled for the FF2 that I already had (was mounted on top of my TA01-NSN) they got it ready within a few days since it was a local pickup and also a duty weapon.

I plan on bringing it back to them for the slide cuts eventually, hopefully soon. I'd already bought the TBRCI comp before they released their comp.

Here's my work in progress from a pic I snapped last night.

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:10:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Black-X:

What magazine basepads are those?  I like them A LOT.
View Quote
Citizen Armory.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By weaponoutfitters:

Yeah, I thought NS might be a good idea but they are kinda overt for backup sights.  I'm thinking Dawson Precision fiber or all black sights will be what I run.  I really, really like set screws, and I think Dawson is one of the few companies that has suppressor height sights with set screws.
View Quote
The Zev rear sight have a set screw as well
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:38:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Does the comped 19 work with 147gr without tuning the spring?
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top